Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times

Advertisements

I think we like to change our topic of outrage seasonally now. Right now it’s back to sexual harassment which was somewhat dead after a failed attempt to get Hillary a win. In 3 months we are probably back to something involving racism....then maybe back to Russian collusion...then transgenderism for a month....then maybe back to racism....then sexism and so forth.

About 7 months is the longest we can stomach being completely outraged about any one issue. That’s why Russian collusion needed a break for a while. The networks need to be dialed in to what will get our blood pumping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 01:31 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I haven't seen him laugh for a very long time, and when he does, he reminds me of a cruel master (or mistress, as I think he is beyond getting an erection).
Right, he never has a genuine smile, since he is devoid of sincerity.

(Can anyone imagine being this guy? What a psychological study he will be).

Old 11-21-2017, 02:09 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh such passion!

Remember the Newsweek reporter Nina Burleigh? Remember how she publicly stated she wanted to take care of Bill Clinton's "oral" needs for fighting for abortion? Remember how every feminist out there made their bargain with the devil when it came to Bill Clinton? Do ya? I sure do. You really think we take you people seriously?
I laughed the loudest at the "ethics and character be damned" part.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:23 AM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Impeach 45! Waa!

Old 11-21-2017, 03:02 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I guess it must be nice for you to live under a rock..?

Old 11-21-2017, 06:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I am a Trump supporter who thinks he sees what his opposition's plans are for taking him down if the Mueller investigation doesn't work.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:21 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
I am a Trump supporter who thinks he sees what his opposition's plans are for taking him down if the Mueller investigation doesn't work.
So do you feel that all SIXTEEN of the women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct are lying?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:17 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh such passion!

Remember the Newsweek reporter Nina Burleigh? Remember how she publicly stated she wanted to take care of Bill Clinton's "oral" needs for fighting for abortion? Remember how every feminist out there made their bargain with the devil when it came to Bill Clinton? Do ya? I sure do. You really think we take you people seriously?
They ignored or mocked Clinton's victims.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:

All of tRump's "issues" are entirely self-inflicted.

No one has to lift a finger to topple him. No one has to come up with a "plan." He's done all the damage himself and yet he blames everyone else, just like a small child.

He's quite the entertainer.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:28 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Trump was elected after these claims against him. America was aware of his alleged indiscretions. These other government officials need to be treated the same way. They need a special election for Senate/House seats of those accused i.e., Franken, etc etc. Let them campaign with voters aware of these sexual misconduct allegations and let the chips fall where they may.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies