Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:49 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,012,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you sound as far in the tank for trump as odanny is for hillary and obama.

yep, remember that truman fired macarthur for his comments during the korean war.

I think Macarthurs insistence on using nukes against Korea might have something to do with that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 08:52 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Thread #500000000 about Trump starting a nuclear war since winning the election.

LOL.....fearmongering at it's finest. Really, you guys are effing nuts.

And no, for the usual simpletons that would just respond "trumpette" (you are morons).

I'm a non-Trump voter that would have pinched my nose and voted Hillary but live in Kansas so my voted didn't matter so I voted 3rd party.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:58 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
President Trump is extremely experienced in diplomatic negotiation through his resort empire. President Trump has mastered the art of communication, negotiation and compromise through his decades of experience being one of the most successful real estate empire's the world has ever seen.

President Trump is almost always right. His comments or Tweet's have never caused an issue. He is a brilliant man and thinks everything through before he makes public comments.

I am sure the general is a very decorated servant but I think we all can agree that President Trump is a man of unquestioned brilliance.
clicky

Old 11-18-2017, 09:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I think Macarthurs insistence on using nukes against Korea might have something to do with that as well.
actually macarthur wanted to nuke china, which is why china entered the korean war. they got nervous having UN forces on their border at the yalu river, and despite truman firing macarthur, and reassuring the chinese that the UN forces would not invade china, china entered the war anyway.

if china stayed out, then korea would be unified under seoul, and china would have had a trading partner they didnt have to prop up over the years, and a country that wouldnt be invading anyone anytime without just cause.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
actually macarthur wanted to nuke china, which is why china entered the korean war. they got nervous having UN forces on their border at the yalu river, and despite truman firing macarthur, and reassuring the chinese that the UN forces would not invade china, china entered the war anyway.

if china stayed out, then korea would be unified under seoul, and china would have had a trading partner they didnt have to prop up over the years, and a country that wouldnt be invading anyone anytime without just cause.
Interesting. I have always read that he wanted to nuke NK.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DI0QV

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-str...er-from-trump/

Didn't he solemnly swear to obey the orders a President when he enlisted decades ago?

Why are generals who have been in the service for decades making unfiltered comments like that?

Tremendously disturbing and unprofessional of him to say that while the world is listening. It is almost as if he in a very passive way is trying to cheapen and demean President Trump.

What strange times we live in? I don't know if he passively implying anything about the current President but it just seems strange to me.

Seems like the Pentagon is even at a loss for word's over the general's comments. It just seems very inappropriate for a general to make those sort of comments when the world is watching.

Seems like he is making passive remarks and demeaning our President. Isn't the President of the Commander of Chief?
It's because we've never had an unhinged wacko like Trump in the White House. We've had presidents of varying quality from both sides of the aisle, but they've still at least given the impression of being rational adults.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:54 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
President Trump is extremely experienced in diplomatic negotiation through his resort empire. President Trump has mastered the art of communication, negotiation and compromise through his decades of experience being one of the most successful real estate empire's the world has ever seen.

President Trump is almost always right. His comments or Tweet's have never caused an issue. He is a brilliant man and thinks everything through before he makes public comments.

I am sure the general is a very decorated servant but I think we all can agree that President Trump is a man of unquestioned brilliance.
Are you SERIOUS?!

Old 11-18-2017, 09:56 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DI0QV

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-str...er-from-trump/

Didn't he solemnly swear to obey the orders a President when he enlisted decades ago?

Why are generals who have been in the service for decades making unfiltered comments like that?

Tremendously disturbing and unprofessional of him to say that while the world is listening. It is almost as if he in a very passive way is trying to cheapen and demean President Trump.

What strange times we live in? I don't know if he passively implying anything about the current President but it just seems strange to me.

Seems like the Pentagon is even at a loss for word's over the general's comments. It just seems very inappropriate for a general to make those sort of comments when the world is watching.

Seems like he is making passive remarks and demeaning our President. Isn't the President of the Commander of Chief?
I'm wondering... did you not bother reading the article, or were you just incapable of comprehending it?

Quote:

Ah - that explains it. Incapable of comprehending it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thread #500000000 about Trump starting a nuclear war since winning the election.

LOL.....fearmongering at it's finest. Really, you guys are effing nuts.

And no, for the usual simpletons that would just respond "trumpette" (you are morons).

I'm a non-Trump voter that would have pinched my nose and voted Hillary but live in Kansas so my voted didn't matter so I voted 3rd party.
And another one who either didn't read it or couldn't comprehend it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As ALL Soldiers should....

I've said it before, trump does not have the button under his bed. There are checks and balances....

Trump (or any president) CANNOT say launch...and everyone just starts pushing buttons...

Damn people, wake up just a little...really....
Actually - yes he can, and yes they are supposed to do exactly that. The President of The United States has the authority to launch a nuclear strike anytime he wants, solely on his orders. The only thing that would prevent that attack from being carried out would be if someone in the chain of command below him disobeyed him and refused to launch. But yes, he CAN say "launch" and everyone just starts pushing buttons.

You don't know what you're talking about. Maybe if you were a little better informed, you'd understand why sane, intelligent people are so worried about this ignorant madman.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 11-18-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Old 11-18-2017, 10:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Interesting. I have always read that he wanted to nuke NK.
when macarthur was making his comments on nuking china, the UN forces were at the yalu river, and north korean forces were on the other side. macarthur wanted the authorization to nuke that area to eliminate north korean forces, and prevent china from entering the war.

the weapons he wanted to use though were low yield nuclear artillery shells, and not bombs.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
when macarthur was making his comments on nuking china, the UN forces were at the yalu river, and north korean forces were on the other side. macarthur wanted the authorization to nuke that area to eliminate north korean forces, and prevent china from entering the war.

the weapons he wanted to use though were low yield nuclear artillery shells, and not bombs.
Why do I get the feeling that neither China, NK or any other country would have cared for the distinction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies