U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
6,235 posts, read 1,731,958 times
Reputation: 2055

Advertisements

I hate Ben for his comments on the Iran-Iraq war
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:40 PM
 
967 posts, read 173,050 times
Reputation: 289
A jew for president? That's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:41 PM
 
7,588 posts, read 1,750,895 times
Reputation: 3504
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
A jew for president? That's funny.
Too much anti Semitism in this country, sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:41 PM
 
16,694 posts, read 8,635,470 times
Reputation: 4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
A jew for president? That's funny.
What’s wrong with that? Was he born in Kenya or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:54 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,729 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get it. And no the racist weren't the majority. Government not the people made the racist Jim Crow. It was forced on we the people. If government respected the rights of the individual we wouldnt have had Jim Crow
Instead of seeing racism everywhere how about you look at the cause. That cause is government violating our rights.
I 100% get it, im saying his logic is flawed. He blames the instrument rather than the user.


Government is made up of people, some of those people want to be racist(and still do), What I find interesting about Shapiro is that he supports removing anti discrimination laws and even says point blank that people will discriminate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,729 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get it. Again government forced people to bow to their will not the other way around
Government is the people. Its not a separate entity. talking about it as if it is would be disingenuous.

Quote:
Your comment has no context because you completely miss the point. It's been explained to you in simple terms but you still refuse to get it.
I fully understand your logic and his, I simply disagree.

Quote:
Your last statement holds no water. First you say the people were racist, then you say they're not. Which is it? Make up your mind.
Not sure where you saw that at. I said people have principles. Principles is neither positive or negative term. it simply means a set of strongly held beliefs . In context my statement is clear that im saying people who are racist and homophobic dont really care about boycotts.



Quote:
It's not about what individuals did since many were against Jim Crow. It's about the use of force to make others bow to governments will. You talk about the free market not having principles? You're the one who has no problem with government taking the peoples money as long as you agree with the cause. Tyrannys okay as long as you support the issue. THAT is unprincipled. The use of force and coercion should never be tolerated.
Again, you are misusing the word principle and ironically enough, using it to only define what you agree with.

As for government "taking people's money". We are talking about discrimination laws . What money is being taken in this context ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 04:53 AM
 
Location: Texas
23,821 posts, read 10,006,081 times
Reputation: 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I 100% get it, im saying his logic is flawed. He blames the instrument rather than the user.


Government is made up of people, some of those people want to be racist(and still do), What I find interesting about Shapiro is that he supports removing anti discrimination laws and even says point blank that people will discriminate.
The reason behind that is it is unconstitutional. He doesn't want people to discriminate but government stomping on the rights of the individual isn't the way to do that. The individual has the right to discriminate in the private sector. We the people, through the free market, will cause that person to more than likely fail and at a minimum to not make as much money as they would by serving everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 05:04 AM
 
Location: Texas
23,821 posts, read 10,006,081 times
Reputation: 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Government is the people. Its not a separate entity. talking about it as if it is would be disingenuous.
In no way shape or form is government the people. That's just something you made up. If a person used force to get what they wanted that person would be in jail. Not so with government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I fully understand your logic and his, I simply disagree.

Not sure where you saw that at. I said people have principles. Principles is neither positive or negative term. it simply means a set of strongly held beliefs . In context my statement is clear that im saying people who are racist and homophobic dont really care about boycotts.
The free market does have principles. It drives out the racists using free will. Government uses force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, you are misusing the word principle and ironically enough, using it to only define what you agree with.
No I'm not. That's just something you made up because you disagree. YOU don't get to redefine what is principled for others. "acting in accordance with morality and showing recognition of right and wrong."

The big government that you love was principled when it made Jim Crow? Like I said, you're all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As for government "taking people's money". We are talking about discrimination laws . What money is being taken in this context ?
You said government is principled. I gave you a perfect example of why it's not and that confused you? Why? Again how is government principled when it murders innocents in the Middle East? When it gets away with abusing our rights and those responsible aren't held accountable? When it bypasses the free market and causes horrible economic conditions that only the cronies can benefit from? Explain to me after all those examples.
You think that's moral? You're sense of what is and isn't principled is perverted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:33 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,326,333 times
Reputation: 4299
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Government is the people. Its not a separate entity. talking about it as if it is would be disingenuous.

I fully understand your logic and his, I simply disagree.

Not sure where you saw that at. I said people have principles. Principles is neither positive or negative term. it simply means a set of strongly held beliefs . In context my statement is clear that im saying people who are racist and homophobic dont really care about boycotts.

Again, you are misusing the word principle and ironically enough, using it to only define what you agree with.

As for government "taking people's money". We are talking about discrimination laws . What money is being taken in this context ?
I think I get what he was saying..he explains some of his stances better in other videos and debates. He believes in racism of course but he doesn't necessarily believe in institutional racism, such as some sort of organized movement against blacks by the police or something.

The govt does not always represent what the people want - it's like that even now today.

Most people don't think wealthy people should be allowed to hide money overseas and abuse tax loopholes... BUT they keep electing the politicians that do nothing about it.

Because they trick people into focusing on other issues and buying the votes from the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:53 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Despite being conservative, Shapiro is a never-tRumper, that's why he left Breitbart and formed the Daily Wire
What's wrong with that? The guy is pretty much bullet proof when debating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top