U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,208 posts, read 2,869,154 times
Reputation: 2919

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is obvious you don't understand how the outrage works.

The outrage isn't just because someone killed someone -- of course that is frustrating, horrible, devastating....but the outrage will happen if this young man is caught, tried and let free with no consequences.

Call me when that happens.
I think what the OP is getting at here is....where are the protests and riots? When a black man is killed by a white cop, before any investigation can even really begin, there are often protests calling for the police officer's head on a platter. Black man kills white cop, and we see no protests or riots. Just people who say it's sad and they hope justice will be served once they catch the guy. But when the roles are reversed, the same people want the cop burned at the stake and will often only accept racism as the reason why the officer killed the suspect. So now, we not only have no protests for the dead officer, we also have the race element left out of the story because as we all know, here in America, racism against white people does not matter. We just deserve it because of **** our great, great, great, great grandfathers may or may not have done 100 years ago.


Now, with all that being said, more than likely, the cop was just shot because the criminal wanted to get away. The suspect probably would have shot a black man just as quickly as a white one. Which is the same sort of thinking all these race-baiters on the other side of the fence should be thinking. Maybe the cop shot the black guy because he was being threatened, not because he was black. Maybe, that cop would have shot a white guy just as fast in the same situation. Yes, I know, crazy thought isn't it. Critical thinking people. We need more of it.

 
Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,003 posts, read 1,412,126 times
Reputation: 1777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I think what the OP is getting at here is....where are the protests and riots? When a black man is killed by a white cop, before any investigation can even really begin, there are often protests calling for the police officer's head on a platter. Black man kills white cop, and we see no protests or riots. Just people who say it's sad and they hope justice will be served once they catch the guy. But when the roles are reversed, the same people want the cop burned at the stake and will often only accept racism as the reason why the officer killed the suspect. So now, we not only have no protests for the dead officer, we also have the race element left out of the story because as we all know, here in America, racism against white people does not matter. We just deserve it because of **** our great, great, great, great grandfathers may or may not have done 100 years ago.


Now, with all that being said, more than likely, the cop was just shot because the criminal wanted to get away. The suspect probably would have shot a black man just as quickly as a white one. Which is the same sort of thinking all these race-baiters on the other side of the fence should be thinking. Maybe the cop shot the black guy because he was being threatened, not because he was black. Maybe, that cop would have shot a white guy just as fast in the same situation. Yes, I know, crazy thought isn't it. Critical thinking people. We need more of it.
Bro your getting it all twisted up... We hold police to a standard, when they don't meet that standard and aren't punished for killing someone people protest. We do not hold criminals to a standard, if a criminal kills someone, we can't protest their killing and think any criminal will listen. Criminals do not care about public opinion, cops need to. Most cops aren't criminals so reversing the roles doesn't work.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 PM
 
Location: SGV
21,828 posts, read 8,172,860 times
Reputation: 8768
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Bro your getting it all twisted up... We hold police to a standard, when they don't meet that standard and aren't punished for killing someone people protest. We do not hold criminals to a standard, if a criminal kills someone, we can't protest their killing and think any criminal will listen. Criminals do not care about public opinion, cops need to. Most cops aren't criminals so reversing the roles doesn't work.
All people should be held to the standard of non-aggression.

You support aggression by supporting the State. The overwhelming number of cases in which cops use deadly force are "legally justified".

Notice I didn't say morally or logically justified?

Being a "criminal" means you've violated the fiction known as law. Are most cops logical and moral? That should be your question.

You folks support a system in which legislators pass laws giving cops special rules, judges uphold the standards (thus letting cops go), and executive public office holders don't step in to use any of their powers to rectify an immoral and illogical act.

I would argue that's because the State is there to uphold immoral and illogical behavior.

Simply put, you can't complain.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Katy,Texas
3,003 posts, read 1,412,126 times
Reputation: 1777
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that people should actually comprehend what the other side is saying. For me most of the shooting deaths have while not justified are always partially the fault of the victim for doing something stupid, shady or just illegal. That doesn't mean the cops have the right to harass them or murder them, I'm just not going to go out protesting for the victims unless I feel they were targeted cause of blatant racism as oppose to a general problem with police killing innocents.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:15 AM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,075,450 times
Reputation: 14083
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that people should actually comprehend what the other side is saying. For me most of the shooting deaths have while not justified are always partially the fault of the victim for doing something stupid, shady or just illegal. That doesn't mean the cops have the right to harass them or murder them, I'm just not going to go out protesting for the victims unless I feel they were targeted cause of blatant racism as oppose to a general problem with police killing innocents.
What do you suppose this girl did to deserve the treatment she got other than to be black?

‘I told him I can’t breathe’: Police punch teen girl after mistaking her for black male suspect

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.877a560646b5
 
Old 11-20-2017, 04:21 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
5,412 posts, read 9,569,397 times
Reputation: 8577
The outrage will come when the suspect is suspended with pay and then reinstated to his job in a couple of weeks after his peers declare what he did justified.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 AM
 
Location: NC
4,274 posts, read 1,473,243 times
Reputation: 1950
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Bro your getting it all twisted up... We hold police to a standard, when they don't meet that standard and aren't punished for killing someone people protest. We do not hold criminals to a standard, if a criminal kills someone, we can't protest their killing and think any criminal will listen. Criminals do not care about public opinion, cops need to. Most cops aren't criminals so reversing the roles doesn't work.

stop being logical, the leftist hypocrites will not understand!!
 
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 AM
 
44,624 posts, read 43,162,678 times
Reputation: 14410
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
The outrage will come when the suspect is suspended with pay and then reinstated to his job in a couple of weeks after his peers declare what he did justified.
This is something many people do not seem to understand. I will just call it what it is. This is a matter of "let's complain about Black people", albeit in a very conniving way.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Texas
23,836 posts, read 10,022,046 times
Reputation: 5331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Outrage was when sessions was asked what black organizations have been linked to the death of cops and Js gave a nebulous answer. Meanwhile we were all screaming ,BLM, at the tv. She tried to suggest there is not legal link to BLM and the cops that were murdered. It is crystal clear BLM and all the democrats who embraced BLM, have blown the dog whistle that it is okay to kill cops. You needn't be a card carrying member of BLM to be influenced by it.


BLM is a terrorist organization. And democrats are responsible for any downstream violence.
Although I disagree with how BLM handles their message in no way shape or form is BLM or the left saying it's okay to kill cops. That's not the message. Shame on you.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 07:00 AM
 
2,027 posts, read 580,290 times
Reputation: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They protested when Michael Brown attacked a cop and got killed too.
Darren Wilson murdered a jaywalker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top