Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 07:00 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Answer it. You dismiss it because you don't want to answer it.

I'll answer it for you......"That's not what the NRA is about".
So what you're saying is that Black Lives Matter isn't about black lives? Agreed, never has been.

They should just change their name to "Blame Whitey" or "The Klan with a Tan" and be done with it. They aren't about "black lives", they are just one more racist, supremacist hate group.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So what you're saying is that Black Lives Matter isn't about black lives? Agreed, never has been.
The NRA is only about rifles?

Quote:
They should just change their name to "Blame Whitey" or "The Klan with a Tan" and be done with it. They aren't about "black lives", they are just one more racist, supremacist hate group.
They are winning the battle.

Euclid police Officer Michael Amiott fired in Richard Hubbard case - CNN

I understand that makes you mad.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:14 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All people should be held to the standard of non-aggression.

You support aggression by supporting the State. The overwhelming number of cases in which cops use deadly force are "legally justified".

Notice I didn't say morally or logically justified?

Being a "criminal" means you've violated the fiction known as law. Are most cops logical and moral? That should be your question.

You folks support a system in which legislators pass laws giving cops special rules, judges uphold the standards (thus letting cops go), and executive public office holders don't step in to use any of their powers to rectify an immoral and illogical act.

I would argue that's because the State is there to uphold immoral and illogical behavior.

Simply put, you can't complain.
This is either criminally stupid or intellectually dishonest. I’ve seen enough of your post to know that you were not stupid. You don’t believe this. We absolutely can and must hold our institutions to a higher standard than we hold common criminals. Criminals are not accountable to us, but the police are. That is why people protest police shootings.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:39 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
SMH. Black criminals go to prison all the time. Blacks are over represented in prison with overlap into innocent blacks. What are we supposed to protest when violent criminals go to prison?
Bull, I would bet 99.9% are there for good reason, and this cop killer has a rap sheet as long as your arm.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Bull, I would bet 99.9% are there for good reason, and this cop killer has a rap sheet as long as your arm.
Poor black man get caught with crack, it's off to prison. Rich white guy gets caught with cocaine, it gets plead down to a fine.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
They're protesting dirty cops killing people and getting away with it. Black murderers go to prison therefore, nothing to protest. This is a simple point. Simple.

Why is OP crying about a black guy killing a cop, when all these white mass shooters are running around. When was the last time white people protested mass shooters and actually did something about them?

See how that works?
There are more black on black killings in one weekend than mass murders in the last 50yrs.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
There's not enough outrage coming from law enforcement, that's for sure. My most recent interactions with cops has made it clear that many of them have no interest in cleaning up their image. They know that they are a natural foe of young black men and that's the way they like it.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I think what the OP is getting at here is....where are the protests and riots? When a black man is killed by a white cop, before any investigation can even really begin, there are often protests calling for the police officer's head on a platter. Black man kills white cop, and we see no protests or riots. Just people who say it's sad and they hope justice will be served once they catch the guy. But when the roles are reversed, the same people want the cop burned at the stake and will often only accept racism as the reason why the officer killed the suspect. So now, we not only have no protests for the dead officer, we also have the race element left out of the story because as we all know, here in America, racism against white people does not matter. We just deserve it because of **** our great, great, great, great grandfathers may or may not have done 100 years ago.

Now, with all that being said, more than likely, the cop was just shot because the criminal wanted to get away. The suspect probably would have shot a black man just as quickly as a white one. Which is the same sort of thinking all these race-baiters on the other side of the fence should be thinking. Maybe the cop shot the black guy because he was being threatened, not because he was black. Maybe, that cop would have shot a white guy just as fast in the same situation. Yes, I know, crazy thought isn't it. Critical thinking people. We need more of it.
BINGO!

Old 11-20-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Poor black man get caught with crack, it's off to prison. Rich white guy gets caught with cocaine, it gets plead down to a fine.
And I would be willing to bet the black guy has a long criminal record and as a repeat offender he will be treated with less leniency.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 AM

137 posts, read 134,413 times
The way that some of you are using the word "blacks" is coming across with a lot of venom and negativity. It's showing who you are online and probably who you are offline as well. Disgusting. I'm outraged when anyone loses their life and the person responsible is not punished for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies