U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:22 PM

13,657 posts, read 21,503,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump's approval ratings remain the lowest of any president at a comparable time in their administration. brietbart is doing an endzone dance because trump's approval isn't the absolute worst in the world.
Trump's poll numbers are so low now, it reminds me of the night he won the 2016 Presidential Election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 PM

7,606 posts, read 1,762,211 times
Media Matters is working hard for their millions. Just scanning the thumbnails and headlines on Yahoo's page (I never click on those stories but search elsewhere to avoid giving them clicks) it looks the left wing mainstream media outlets are hysterically trying to take down Trump.

I also noticed the hit pieces on Hannity which never work, but looks like Tucker Carlson is in their sights. Headline was something like Fox News being pro Neo Nazi because Tucker said "It's okay to be white." Wait... do they mean it ISN'T okay to be white? Um, wouldn't that be racist? I actually watch Tucker and he is calling out the reverse racism by debating those idiots and exposing them for the fools they are.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:44 PM

28,999 posts, read 19,014,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, just confirms the majority of Americans still don't like Trump.

It also shows that he is on track to win reelection in 2020!

Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 AM

8,639 posts, read 2,917,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I bet this just frosts you Marxist types.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...erkel-germany/
Macron's reforms aren't universally popular in France.

Emmanuel Macron's popularity falls faster than any French president ever | The Independent

May is not popular in the UK however the only alternatives are the far left including Labour's Maxist Leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Ipsos Mori poll: Theresa May is most unpopular PM ever at this stage - Business Insider

Merkel is currently at an all time low in relation to popularity.

Merkel SINKS: Chancellor gets lowest poll ratings in 6 YEARS amid Jamaica alliance crisis - Express

It also should be noted that other countries have leaders of the opposition and have very different political systems.

Why Trump supporters are using the unpoplar leaders in other countries to try and prove some point is beyond me. As I am fairly positive May will be replaced before the next UK Election, I am also sure this will be Merkels last spell in office and she hasn't even managed to secure a working coalition, so she might be out of office fairly soon. As for Macron, he's a centerist politician and equally disliked by the Right and Left in France, and given his current lack of popularity I wouldn't gamble on him securing a second term in office.

Merkel's fourth term in doubt as coalition talks collapse - Sky News

Germany's Merkel suffers blow as FDP pulls out of coalition talks - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-20-2017 at 04:49 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 04:14 AM

30,116 posts, read 15,669,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
But I thought polls sucked and were inaccurate....
Zogby has always been one of the more highly regarded.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:29 AM

15,832 posts, read 5,407,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It also shows that he is on track to win reelection in 2020!
Nope👎

Old 11-20-2017, 05:33 AM

4,760 posts, read 2,440,836 times
As far as Trumplings are concerned, polls and news stories are only accurate when they show Trump in a positive light. It continues to surprise me that they still don't think the rest of us notice that.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:40 AM

28,999 posts, read 19,014,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Macron's reforms aren't universally popular in France.

Emmanuel Macron's popularity falls faster than any French president ever | The Independent

May is not popular in the UK however the only alternatives are the far left including Labour's Maxist Leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Ipsos Mori poll: Theresa May is most unpopular PM ever at this stage - Business Insider

Merkel is currently at an all time low in relation to popularity.

Merkel SINKS: Chancellor gets lowest poll ratings in 6 YEARS amid Jamaica alliance crisis - Express

It also should be noted that other countries have leaders of the opposition and have very different political systems.

Why Trump supporters are using the unpoplar leaders in other countries to try and prove some point is beyond me. As I am fairly positive May will be replaced before the next UK Election, I am also sure this will be Merkels last spell in office and she hasn't even managed to secure a working coalition, so she might be out of office fairly soon. As for Macron, he's a centerist politician and equally disliked by the Right and Left in France, and given his current lack of popularity I wouldn't gamble on him securing a second term in office.

Merkel's fourth term in doubt as coalition talks collapse - Sky News

Germany's Merkel suffers blow as FDP pulls out of coalition talks - BBC News

UK, France, Germany?

Yeah, totally fail to see the relevance.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:47 AM

15,612 posts, read 9,671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I bet this just frosts you Marxist types.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...erkel-germany/

That is like saying, I am not a bad person because I only stole 2 items. Billy and Johnny stole 4 items , so they are REALLY bad. No matter how you try to twist the numbers, or paint him differently, Donald Trump has a lower approval rating than the Boston Strangler.

And, it is getting lower by the month. If he was such a wonderful President, wouldn't more and more people be saying "Wow, that guy REALLY is ok, I like him !" Instead, even people who voted for him, and supported him in the beginning, are starting to feel cheated. You can only fool people for so long. (Well, except for some of the Russian Trolls on here, they will rave about him no matter what, it is their job)

Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 AM

8,639 posts, read 2,917,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
UK, France, Germany?

Yeah, totally fail to see the relevance.

The fact that three countries have very unpopular leaders has no relevance in relation to Trump.

In terms of Merkel there may yet have to be another election in Germany as it doesn't look like a workable coalition is acheivable. So Merkel could be the first to go, the second to go will be May, and the knives will come out after we leave the EU. Whilst Macron will be the last to go, when he id defeated at the next French Elections.

As for Trump, the Democrats won't have the liability that was Hilary Clinton next time, so Trump will be up against much more popular and cedible opposition, and he may well be a one term President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or