U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:15 AM

60,551 posts, read 30,721,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What do you suggest this country do to do away with our slavery?

I suggest repealing the 16th Amendment to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM

2,609 posts, read 936,782 times
Quote:
Is everybody a slave to you? What do you suggest this country do to do away with our slavery?
Yea, these guys all claim some moral high ground but the reality is it's just about the money.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 AM

6,357 posts, read 1,536,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's why I find it so amusing when Americans say "we're free". No, we're not free, just obedient. Too dumb to know otherwise. You can say anything you want in America. If you say something that matters, you better watch out. How's that any different from a country like Russia? Same thing there really.
You are right, its taken many many years of methodical brainwashing and conditioning to have so many obedient, subservient people, who will take the side of a tyrannical govt over their fellow citizen.

I do not agree with it, but I do give them credit for what they have accomplished, its really very clever what they achieved in such a short time.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:22 AM

11,266 posts, read 7,262,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I suggest repealing the 16th Amendment to start.
So you don't believe we should pay taxes? If not, you need to move away. How else will our infrastructure survive? I already know a lot of money is wasted and infrastructure is very out dated. If you don't want to pay taxes then you need to move away.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:22 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,025,846 times
Quote:
Is everybody a slave to you? What do you suggest this country do to do away with our slavery?
Abolish any "law" which is an initiation of force upon the individual. Abolish fiat currency, usury, and partial reserve banking. Abolish any "tax" which is not a set fee for services rendered and received. Eliminate "citizen" status and return the people to personhood, i.e. Sovereigns. Restrict government action to a retaliatory force against aggressors. For a start.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Abolish any "law" which is an initiation of force upon the individual. Abolish fiat currency, usury, and partial reserve banking. Abolish any "tax" which is not a set fee for services rendered and received. Eliminate "citizen" status and return the people to personhood, i.e. Sovereigns. Restrict government action to a retaliatory force against aggressors. For a start.
That is not going to happen and doesn't happen anywhere in the world. Now if you are rich enough to buy your own island by all means live like that. It certainly isn't slavery and it is disgusting to even compare it to slavery. I work and I pay taxes but I do not feel enslaved. I feel I am contributing to a civilized society. If I don't want to pay my taxes I should go to jail or leave the country. If I leave the country it would be next to impossible to find a place where there isn't some form of tax or levy to live there.

It sounds like you and BentBow want a free ride.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So you don't believe we should pay taxes? If not, you need to move away. How else will our infrastructure survive? I already know a lot of money is wasted and infrastructure is very out dated. If you don't want to pay taxes then you need to move away.

You asked how to get us all released from bondage to government.
The 16th Amendment is what places you in bondage.
People paid taxes, before the 16th Amendment and government ran on a limited budget, staying out of our lives personally, which was left to the States to do.

We would not have the BLM harrassing the Bundy's, for not the 16th Amendment.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You asked how to get us all released from bondage to government.
The 16th Amendment is what places you in bondage.
People paid taxes, before the 16th Amendment and government ran on a limited budget, staying out of our lives personally, which was left to the States to do.

We would not have the BLM harrassing the Bundy's, for not the 16th Amendment.
I asked how to get us released from slavery. You seem to feel you are enslaved. Why don't you feel you need to pay taxes to the government? What makes you special? You want a civilized society, you pay the taxes.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
That is not going to happen and doesn't happen anywhere in the world. Now if you are rich enough to buy your own island by all means live like that. It certainly isn't slavery and it is disgusting to even compare it to slavery. I work and I pay taxes but I do not feel enslaved. I feel I am contributing to a civilized society. If I don't want to pay my taxes I should go to jail or leave the country. If I leave the country it would be next to impossible to find a place where there isn't some form of tax or levy to live there.

I take it you did not like the answer to the question asked.

If a free ride means no one including you, has a boot on their throat, then sign me up!
Read the Declaration of Independence sometime.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,025,846 times
Quote:

Not even close. Did you read the post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies