Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times

Advertisements

You just know if there were a story in the news about the Obamas or Clintons driving at 119mph, it would be the lead story on her show, and she'd be talking about how they felt they were above the law.

From what I've seen, this may be enough points for her license to be suspended.

My husband and I tuned on Fox News one night to try to get the trumpees' perspective. Her show was on. I think we lasted two minutes. What an awful woman.

She probably still holds a grudge from her Senate run. Husband in jail and frozen like a deer in headlights when a page was missing from her speech. Sad.

Pirro Sentenced To 29 Months In U.S. Prison - The New York Times

CNN.com - Sen. Clinton's*GOP challenger*quits race - Dec 21, 2005
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 08:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This is such a big part of why it matters. She has built her reputation on being all about law and order, and she not only broke the law, with regards to driving, she blew it to smithereens.
and in the news story, which you probably only skimmed at best, ms pirro said that she will accept any punishment issued from the incident because in the end she still believes in law and order. she admitted she broke the law, she admitted she got caught, and she didnt try to trash the cop that gave her the ticket.

in the end compared to what many of the powerful in this country have been caught doing, this doesnt even reach the small potatoes level, more like small peas.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You just know if there were a story in the news about the Obamas or Clintons driving at 119mph, it would be the lead story on her show, and she'd be talking about how they felt they were above the law.

From what I've seen, this may be enough points for her license to be suspended.

My husband and I tuned on Fox News one night to try to get the trumpees' perspective. Her show was on. I think we lasted two minutes. What an awful woman.

She probably still holds a grudge from her Senate run. Husband in jail and frozen like a deer in headlights when a page was missing from her speech. Sad.

Pirro Sentenced To 29 Months In U.S. Prison - The New York Times

CNN.com - Sen. Clinton's*GOP challenger*quits race - Dec 21, 2005
That's the clip I was looking for! She obviously is a very bitter and angry woman. It shows.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:41 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
She was doing the Hannity show last night.

I've heard nothing of this story at all in the non-MSM.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I had it up to 100 today driving on 15 through the desert. She got caught. BFD. Go Jeanine.

Is there anything the liberals don't whine about? Jesus H. Christ. Get a life.

Yep. She got caught and can easily pay her fines. No biggy I agree. When I had my 77 Z28, I got caught at 110, and blew right by a cop in a group of traffic on I395 outside Reno. Long story but he let me go. In my 00 Dakota I've routinely gone 100+ on our devoid of traffic roads around here. Occasionally the only traffic IS a cop. State Trooper most likely.

Sheesh. I think most people have vastly exceeded a speed limit or two or three.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:26 AM

957 posts, read 757,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did you READ the whole article? she acknowledged she got caught, and is ready to pay what ever punishment the court sets down.
Good, provided they follow thru. They are off to a slow start though. If this were some ordinary *******, they would have impounded their vehicle and placed them under arrest.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Good, provided they follow thru. They are off to a slow start though. If this were some ordinary *******, they would have impounded their vehicle and placed them under arrest.
not necessrily, it depends on the situation. even in criminal speeding cases, the officer has plenty of discretion as to whether to let the speeder go, give them a ticket, or arrest the driver.

if the officer gives the driver a ticket, there is a court date listed on that ticket, as well as a listing of the fine if the driver chooses to skip going to court and pay the fine instead.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:51 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post

Wrong. There was no DUI involved. She didn't try to run. In NY she'll get BIG fine and points on her license, especially if she's a first time offender.

If they arrested every speeder in NY the state would have to build new jails everywhere

Old 11-23-2017, 07:46 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
not necessrily, it depends on the situation. even in criminal speeding cases, the officer has plenty of discretion as to whether to let the speeder go, give them a ticket, or arrest the driver.

if the officer gives the driver a ticket, there is a court date listed on that ticket, as well as a listing of the fine if the driver chooses to skip going to court and pay the fine instead.
Generally in NYS, going 20 MPH or more over the speed limit requires a trip to court without the option of just paying the fine. At 54 MPH over the speed limit in a 65 MPH zone, there is usually no option to plead down the offense to a lesser charge or infraction.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Generally in NYS, going 20 MPH or more over the speed limit requires a trip to court without the option of just paying the fine. At 54 MPH over the speed limit in a 65 MPH zone, there is usually no option to plead down the offense to a lesser charge or infraction.
In upstate NY there is always an option. You get it postponed three or four times then request a jury trial or a trial anyway. Works 95% of the time.

My experience was many years ago in Webster NY. The cop, who was the local police chief, had a problem. I not only had four witnesses riding with me I had a friend and coworker driving the car behind me. The cop lied like a sailor. We had five witnesses that what the cop said never happened.

The JP however cut the upstate NY deal. He agreed he would lose all the case records and nothing would ever be known of the event. Would not find me not guilty because he would lose all the local business. Kind of interesting as the discussion went on in the presence of multiple witnesses.

upstate is an interesting place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies