U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 05:21 AM

33,299 posts, read 14,535,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Neither party has had a decent tax plan The right think that the rich should pay less taxes then the working class, while the left (who are rich themselves) think the rich should pay more yet some how they get rich off of it too. It's all a scam no matter which party you lean towards we the working class get the shaft while the rich get richer nothing to see here keep moving.
"The right think that the rich should pay less taxes then the working class"

One reason we can't have intelligent discussions is statements like this.

The "rich" ALREADY pay 90% of ALL income taxes PLUS many other taxes.

Please back your your perception or QUIT posting asinine claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Omg

You cited the early 2000's bubble, which led to the 08 financial crisis when it popped, to defend your ideology?

Is it me? Am I the crazy one?
"Is it me? Am I the crazy one?"

Apparently so.

Reading comprehension is NOT your strong point it seems.

The claim was made that lowering taxes REDUCES the amount of money the fed collects.

I refuted that claim.

Noting more, nothing less.

The lowering of taxes had NOTHING to do with the 08 financial crisis.

You are the typical poster who likes to mix different issues together in order to either get people to think you are "cute' or to distort the REAL TRUTH.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There are far more losers than there are winners, and those "winners" drive up the cost of living for the "losers" in their area due to the displacement effect, making the majority even poorer in real terms
B.S.

Their "area" is limited to the community they live in and have NOTHING to do with the poor areas becuae people do NOT even finish high school, or have way too many kids and are not able to take care of them, black AND white.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I do take responsibility for my own actions, but I don't pay off Senators and Representatives or pay the wife of a Supreme Court Judge $100,000 while he is hearing one of my cases.

Now explain to me why people like you have no sense of honesty.
"Now explain to me why people like you have no sense of honesty."

Noe explain to me why people like YOU paint EVERYBODY with the same wide brush.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:37 AM

6,406 posts, read 2,257,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The country is full of freeloaders like you looking to enjoy the fruits of other people's labor. It may come as a surprise, but citizenship comes with responsibilities. The only way you can avoid those responsibilities is to go live under a bridge somewhere and become a full time bum.

I don't set the tax rates, but I have enjoyed continual income tax cuts over the last 35 years. Like you, there are a lot of Americans who have no idea how much they pay in taxes because their math skills are limited to counting on their fingers. If you don't know what a percent is, it's easy to get confused.

As for making $200k, that was ridicule. You were the one who claimed you were paying 25% of your income in income tax, and I was pretty sure you have no idea what percentage of your income goes to income tax. Even after spelling it out for you, I'm pretty sure you still don't know.

There are tax funded programs that will bring your math skills to the 6th grade level. At that point you may generate a coherent opinion.

You, Sir are absolutely clueless about what I do for a living, how much money I make, what state I live in, or how much I pay in taxes.

So stop acting like you know jack squat about me. .

Old 11-26-2017, 05:54 AM

764 posts, read 495,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yep we do. Because somebody had to try to clean up the disgusting mess BUSH gave us.

Or are you going to pretend the GREAT RECESSION never occurred. because if that is the case how on earth did i buy DIS jnj msft goog sny at fire sale prices? the national economy was in freefall. i say shame on the Republicans for allowing our financial sector to lead into such chaos. and shame on Republicans for pretending this stuff never happened.
the Bush Admin let wall street do whatever they wanted. TRump is letting goldman sachs do it all over again and trumpers are cheering on their own demise, like the fictional lemmons.

gary cohn and steven mnuchin aka " the goldman boys" are writing our new tax code. They are rock stars on wall street right now.
(edit i forgot "the mick" mulvaney he is the 3 leg of this triad of goldman sachs tax give away )
and what is more they are OPENLY BRAGGING ABOUT IT. Hubris hang heavy around the oval.
You forget that there's more to the large increase of the national debt than the cost of the recession. The largest culprits are:

- Increased spending in Social Security (decades in the planning)
- Tax Cuts through 2008 (Bush)
- Downturn of economy (Bush)
- TARP (Bush)
- Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan Wars (Bush)
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Obama)
- Healthcare Entitlements (Obama)

Yes, the vast majority was a result of the Bush administration, but Obama is responsible for a chunk (albeit small chunk) himself. Trump is following in their footsteps (and it looks like even worse that Obama or Bush).

I wait for the day that we have a truly conservative president. Until then, we'll have to deal with these fools.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:08 AM

5,049 posts, read 3,327,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In the medical practice, the #1 rule is "do no harm." The current tax laws are infinitely better than the current GOP tax plan. We don't need to lower taxes on the rich and analysis indicates that there are no economic benefits to the entire plan that cuts taxes on the rich, raises them on the middle class and doubles the debt.

If you want a better plan, add the Buffett Rule.

While you rail against Denmark's taxes, you neglect that Denmark has free health care and a wide safety net. Nobody in Denmark loses their home because they have medical bills. Citizens of Denmark are also very happy.

While you wrote: "I never have really even seen Democrats attempt to lower taxes on the middle class," Obama renewed tax cuts to the middle class but allowed the tax cuts on the rich to expire. You just weren't paying attention.
^^

We don't need any tax cuts right now. Literally the worst time in an economic cycle to even be talking about one.

We still need healthcare reform (not the kind they've been trying to pass, real reform). There's no reason a healthy young male should have to pay a luxery car payment every month for health insurance.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:00 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,390,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
B.S.

Their "area" is limited to the community they live in and have NOTHING to do with the poor areas becuae people do NOT even finish high school, or have way too many kids and are not able to take care of them, black AND white.
Nope, what I said is true, otherwise there wouldn't be any such thing as an expensive ghetto, but there is. Case in point Lynwood, California, look up housing costs and median wages in that city, and then get back to me....

Old 11-26-2017, 03:28 PM

11,040 posts, read 11,450,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Now explain to me why people like you have no sense of honesty."

Noe explain to me why people like YOU paint EVERYBODY with the same wide brush.
Not everybody, just the people who nominated and confirmed an obvious crook to the Supreme Court. The people who gerrymandered voting districts in over half the states so Rs could maintain government control even though they had the minority of voters. If you think that is EVERYBODY, you are mistaken. That is just the slimeballs and the crooks.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:31 PM

11,040 posts, read 11,450,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You, Sir are absolutely clueless about what I do for a living, how much money I make, what state I live in, or how much I pay in taxes.

So stop acting like you know jack squat about me. .
Just what you have posted. You don't want to pay taxes, even though you don't know how much you pay in taxes. You have no interest in contributing to the government of America, because it's YOUR money. I don't care what you do for a living; a mooch is a mooch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies