U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 05:24 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lol, try reading the post again you're confusing topics at best misleading people at worst.

parse it slower, you will see it.
I'm not at all wrong.. i got the list right from the Senate budget committees own website..

Are you claiming you know more about the budget committee than the budget committee does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 05:36 PM

9,041 posts, read 2,717,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
After Obama doubled over 230 years of debt in just eight years with little to show for it, the Left doesn't get to lecture the Right on the debt.
yep we do. Because somebody had to try to clean up the disgusting mess BUSH gave us.

Or are you going to pretend the GREAT RECESSION never occurred. because if that is the case how on earth did i buy DIS jnj msft goog sny at fire sale prices? the national economy was in freefall. i say shame on the Republicans for allowing our financial sector to lead into such chaos. and shame on Republicans for pretending this stuff never happened.
the Bush Admin let wall street do whatever they wanted. TRump is letting goldman sachs do it all over again and trumpers are cheering on their own demise, like the fictional lemmons.

gary cohn and steven mnuchin aka " the goldman boys" are writing our new tax code. They are rock stars on wall street right now.
(edit i forgot "the mick" mulvaney he is the 3 leg of this triad of goldman sachs tax give away )
and what is more they are OPENLY BRAGGING ABOUT IT. Hubris hang heavy around the oval.

Last edited by evilcart; 11-20-2017 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not at all wrong.. i got the list right from the Senate budget committees own website..

Are you claiming you know more about the budget committee than the budget committee does?
NO i am claiming your talk of budget committees has ZERO to do with a damn thing.

there could be four monkeys and moon on the committee and that would still have nothing to do with Republicans refusing to show or discuss the tax plan or allowing the dems any input at all.

the Republicans crafted every inch, every word behind sealed doors and excluded much of the Republican party and 100% of the democratic party. your talk of committees is a weak sauce attempt to distract from the Republicans abusing position and departing from norms.

the gig is up the people of the US are figuring out this is just a goldman sachs plan from top to bottom. it is a Republican attempt to "pay off" the donors and enrich the uber wealthy.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Quote:
NO i am claiming your talk of budget committees has ZERO to do with a damn thing.

there could be four monkeys and moon on the committee and that would still have nothing to do with Republicans refusing to show or discuss the tax plan or allowing the dems any input at all.

the Republicans crafted every inch, every word behind sealed doors and excluded much of the Republican party and 100% of the democratic party. your talk of committees is a weak sauce attempt to distract from the Republicans abusing position and departing from norms.

the gig is up the people of the US are figuring out this is just a goldman sachs plan from top to bottom. it is a Republican attempt to "pay off" the donors and enrich the uber wealthy.
The committee must vote to take budget plans to the Senate.. The fact that Democrats voted no, doesnt mean they are blocked out of the discussions..

Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 PM

6,412 posts, read 2,260,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
What we have to show for it is money market funds not collapsing after breaking the buck.

https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2008/09...ld-lose-money/

"Heavy redemption demands." In other words, a run on money market funds/indexes. That would have precipitated the complete collapse of the global economy since companies rely on commercial paper to meet payroll obligations.

So Thanks Obama, for not allowing the entire economy to come crashing down!

^........."the sky is falling" defense......

Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
The committee must vote to take budget plans to the Senate.. The fact that Democrats voted no, doesnt mean they are blocked out of the discussions..
still dont know why you are talking about budget plans... do you think anyone is falling for this.

IT has NOTHING to do with anything being talked about here.

I get it. You can see how poorly the republican are acting and have acted. And you figure if you can make it sound like you know what you are saying it will fool people.

but tell me Pgh, what does the budget committee have to do with excluding dems from the entire process. Or are you so desperate you are going to pretend there is some esoteric knowledge that you alone are aware of..?

Your attempts to conflate are failed.

For the first time in modern history a majority political party has excluded the minority party from any and all discussion, input or knowledge of a tax code reform bill.

The dems were not even allowed to know what was in it, nevermind read it or contribute.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
You dont take money out of the economy in order to save it...

The economy recovered DESPITE the Democratic plans, not because of it...
you completely misunderstood my post and seem to have misunderstood the last ten years too...
frankly once again i am not even sure you are on the right thread... i am thinking you are simply trying to derail and randomise threads where you see the Republicans exposed as the extension of Goldman Sachs they have become..

Old 11-20-2017, 06:08 PM

2,138 posts, read 1,151,720 times
Quote:
Patty Murray (WA) Ron Wyden (OR) Debbie Stabenow (MI) Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) Mark R. Warner (VA) Jeff Merkley (OR) Picture of Mike Enzi Tim Kaine (VA) Angus King (ME) Chris Van Hollen (MD) Kamala Harris (CA)

ALL Democras on the Senate budget committee.. + Bernie Sanders...

Stop posting crap that you have no knowledge about..
There are Democrats in Congress, they have no ability to do anything. Republicans control committees, they control the speaker and those two parts control nearly everything that hits the floor. Unless they can get a Republican to break party lines, they can't even offer up an amendment at the committee level.

So let me put this so even you can understand it.

Just because there are Democrats in Congress, doesn't mean they can do anything since they lack a majority.

Just because there are Democrats on the committees doesn't mean they can do anything since they lack the majority to get anything out of committee.

Essentially without Republican support, Democrats can do nothing right now.

As for the past, Republican got several amendments pushed into the ACA so the whole "they were shut out of everything" is complete bull****. Nothing like what is going on now where Republicans have literally do not want to work with anyone, even many people in their own party.

Regardless, you'd have to be a fool to not see that Republicans are only appealing to a small but vocal part of their base and it will come back and bite them in the ass. They are simply looking for a win, any win on anything because they are politically inept and have zero ideas for the future other than a stupid wall, shoveling more money to the war pig or trying to ram through tax cuts for people that don't need them.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:12 PM

6,412 posts, read 2,260,835 times
Quote:
yep we do. Because somebody had to try to clean up the disgusting mess BUSH gave us.

Or are you going to pretend the GREAT RECESSION never occurred. because if that is the case how on earth did i buy DIS jnj msft goog sny at fire sale prices? the national economy was in freefall. i say shame on the Republicans for allowing our financial sector to lead into such chaos. and shame on Republicans for pretending this stuff never happened.
the Bush Admin let wall street do whatever they wanted. TRump is letting goldman sachs do it all over again and trumpers are cheering on their own demise, like the fictional lemmons.

gary cohn and steven mnuchin aka " the goldman boys" are writing our new tax code. They are rock stars on wall street right now.
(edit i forgot "the mick" mulvaney he is the 3 leg of this triad of goldman sachs tax give away )
and what is more they are OPENLY BRAGGING ABOUT IT. Hubris hang heavy around the oval.

Recessions come and go.

The country would would have come out of recession without doubling 230+ years of debt in just 8 years.

So, no.....you don't get to lecture about debt and spending when you've spent decades making it abundantly clear that you couldn't give a wet slap about it as long as your the ones writing the checks.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:15 PM

1,260 posts, read 322,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nope they are soo butt hurt they can't participate in working for America all they can do is scream impeach 45 like a bunch of spoiled children.
Are you talking about the Republicans 2008-16? The ones who were all talk and now that they hold all the power canít do a darn thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies