Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 12:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,601,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We already FUND your broke ass RED states."

When you want to have an ADULT discussion, come back

If all you want to do is throw juvenile immature insults, go to a juvenile immature site.

You will be very welcomed there.

I know you know who they are.
you don't get to decide who is welcome and who is not, so tough luck mate, i suggest you put me on ignore if you don't want to see my posts.

but Your real problem is you know i am right and you can't come up with an answer so instead you hide behind insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 01:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,601,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Well it's not like red states won't lose the same deductions...and I fail to see how this is double taxation the way the estate tax is.

All this means is the blue rich will finally be paying their "fair share" lol.

Besides, all blue states have to do to even things back up is to lower their state and local taxes......

Easy peasy.
estate tax is mostly NOT double taxation that is just a myth pushed by the mega wealthy to justify getting rid of it. People start planning for estate taxes decades ahead of time. Your tax attorney advises you far in advance. if you are 30 and making serious bank it is very likely you would be advised to start planning...

estate taxes are a way for the state to slow generational wealth that leads to an overclass much like England a few hundred years back or Russia today. It is a necessary part of a healthy economy.

For capitalism to thrive one needs to reset the game when winners are found. otherwise MSFT would pretty much own the internet, mobile etc.. they might be the only major software company in the world. the same goes for the public, if allowed a few winners would be able to grow their wealth to numbers hard to believe.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:08 PM

18,396 posts, read 7,012,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
It’s literally a double taxation the exact same reason people like you cry left and right why we need to eliminate the estate tax. But somehow when it punishes libs you suddenly are all for it even if it goes against every principle you supposedly hold? And you keep asking your own silly questions without addressing my points. Simply pretending it doesn’t exist isn’t a valid retort. So please attempt to prove me wrong before you expect me to continue to do the same.
The double taxing on estate taxes happens on money that has already been taxed on both federal and state level when it was originally earned.

State and local taxes are completely separate from federal taxes so there is no double taxing occurring in any way if that deduction is lost.

There really is no reason for the deduction in the first place other than to offset the costs of Liberal Tax and Spend policies on the state level.

Basically it passes on what should be a state expenditure to the other states via the federal government.

And that is not the federal government's job.

Don't want to pay higher taxes on the federal level?

Then lower your state and local taxes......or suck it up as the cost for living in a blue state instead of demanding other states finance your progressive policies.

Simple as that.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,588,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Rich people paid big money for a tax cut."

The RICH people are the one PAYING the vast MAJORITY of the taxes collected.
So do they pay more in taxes or in bribes and graft? It looks to me like they figure buying elections is cheaper than paying their taxes.

We really need to impeach Clarence Thomas, who made this whole mess possible.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:29 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,588,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
estate tax is mostly NOT double taxation that is just a myth pushed by the mega wealthy to justify getting rid of it. People start planning for estate taxes decades ahead of time. Your tax attorney advises you far in advance. if you are 30 and making serious bank it is very likely you would be advised to start planning...

estate taxes are a way for the state to slow generational wealth that leads to an overclass much like England a few hundred years back or Russia today. It is a necessary part of a healthy economy.

For capitalism to thrive one needs to reset the game when winners are found. otherwise MSFT would pretty much own the internet, mobile etc.. they might be the only major software company in the world. the same goes for the public, if allowed a few winners would be able to grow their wealth to numbers hard to believe.
Up until recently, dynasty trusts were illegal. The longest a trust could exist was 99 years. After that the trust assets would be distributed to the beneficiaries and taxed. Now the weathy can set up dynasty trusts in several states. It's the financial equivalent of the patents of nobility that are forbidden in the US constitution.

Estate taxes are the only remaining wall between us and an inherited aristocracy. People who want to eliminate the estate tax are condemning their children and grandchildren to saying "Yes, Master."

Old 11-23-2017, 04:40 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,441,898 times
Quote:
The double taxing on estate taxes happens on money that has already been taxed on both federal and state level when it was originally earned.

State and local taxes are completely separate from federal taxes so there is no double taxing occurring in any way if that deduction is lost.

There really is no reason for the deduction in the first place other than to offset the costs of Liberal Tax and Spend policies on the state level.

Basically it passes on what should be a state expenditure to the other states via the federal government.

Then lower your state and local taxes......or suck it up as the cost for living in a blue state instead of demanding other states finance your progressive policies.

Simple as that.
So you still don’t address my second point and really can’t follow along on a consistent fashion in the first.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:16 AM

58,583 posts, read 26,889,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Lowering taxes starves government budgets, government workers depend on those budgets to get paid. Cut government budget, and a lot of government workers lose their jobs. And the jobs those workers did end up getting privatized, which is detrimental to lower income workers, as private business has regressive pricing (everyone has to pay the same dollar amount, hurts the poor, helps the wealthy)
"Lowering taxes starves government budgets,"

I see you are NOT a student of history!

The last paragraph is JUST FOR YOU!

You must read the NT Times.

" Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

WASHINGTON -- Today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released new jobs figures - 18,000 jobs created in December. Since August 2003, more than 8.3 million jobs have been created, with more than 1.3 million jobs created throughout 2007. Our economy has now added jobs for 52 straight months - the longest period of uninterrupted job growth on record. The unemployment rate remains low at 5 percent. The U.S. economy benefits from a solid foundation, but we cannot take economic growth for granted and economic indicators have become increasingly mixed. President Bush will continue working with Congress to address the challenges our economy faces and help facilitate long-term economic growth, job growth, and better standards of living for all Americans.

* Real GDP grew at a strong 4.9 percent annual rate in the third quarter of 2007. The economy has now experienced six years of uninterrupted growth, averaging 2.8 percent a year since 2001.

* Real after-tax per capita personal income has risen by 11.7 percent - an average of more than $3,550 per person - since President Bush took office.

* Over the course of this Administration, productivity growth has averaged 2.6 percent per year. This growth is well above average productivity growth in the 1990s, 1980s, and 1970s.

By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”

Old 11-24-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
you don't get to decide who is welcome and who is not, so tough luck mate, i suggest you put me on ignore if you don't want to see my posts.

but Your real problem is you know i am right and you can't come up with an answer so instead you hide behind insults.
"you don't get to decide who is welcome and who is not,"

And YOU need a READING COMPREHENSION course because I NEVER claimed it was up to me.

I SUGGESTED a course for you. so tough luck mate, your self.

"but Your real problem is you know i am right" ONlLY your own mind.

"so instead you hide behind insults."

Hey it was YOU who threw out the first rock!

Maybe you should follow your OWN advise!

"If you can't take it , DON'T dish it out" as they say.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:

In other words, some people are smart enough to come up with the newest gadget or idea and become successful and have to pay for those didn't have the gumption or intelligence to succeed and aren't "sure"of themselves" enough to take a risk.

The "losers" ALWAYS want the winners to pay for them.

This America, the "land of opportunity"

We "create" MORE millionaires a year then any other country in the world.

I have NEVER understood why so many want to PUNISH the successful.

Jealousy, I guess!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:

Simple as that.
BINGO! We have a winner. Well done my friend.

The dem controlled states will NEVER LOWER its taxes and want the rest of the country to "help" them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies