U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 03:29 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,990,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The witch hunt continues.
Funny you mention the witch hunt it mostly targeted women much like sexual harassment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 03:30 PM

19,454 posts, read 13,202,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I find it hard to believe in the little Peyton Place that is the media that stories of Rose's extracurricular activities were not shared.

Anyway, CBS knew about it. They did nothing while the lid was kept on. Firing him once the lid came off hardly covers them with glory.
Just like with Harvey Winestain, many, many people inside Hollywood knew damn well he was a piece of **** abuser of young women, and they all let him get away with it.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:14 PM

9,343 posts, read 11,267,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
All men are sexual offenders? That's nonsense. I've never sexually assaulted or harassed a woman in my life and I refuse to believe I'm unique for that.
Think about how easy it would be for a woman to destroy your life, in say 24 hours, by saying you raped her in the utility closet at work? How do you prove you didn't do it? No witnesses. Just a co-worker seeking to stir up some action or a coworker revealing an ugly truth about you?

What % of all these claims (in this week alone) by all women reporting sexual harassment, touching and exposing private parts, are true?

What % are not true at all and destroying men's careers and families, overnight?

How does any woman prove what happened to her?

Can any woman make up things she said you did to her? How long will it take to rip your life away, as you knew it?

In other words, all these reports coming out, how many are politically motivated with a desire to destroy lives and how many reports are the truth?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:28 PM

7,878 posts, read 10,169,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Think about how easy it would be for a woman to destroy your life, in say 24 hours, by saying you raped her in the utility closet at work? How do you prove you didn't do it? No witnesses. Just a co-worker seeking to stir up some action or a coworker revealing an ugly truth about you?

What % of all these claims (in this week alone) by all women reporting sexual harassment, touching and exposing private parts, are true?

What % are not true at all and destroying men's careers and families, overnight?

Can any woman make up things she said you did to her? How long will it take to rip your life away, as you knew it?

In other words, all these reports coming out, how many are politically motivated with a desire to destroy lives and how many reports are the truth?
It would be very near impossible, though, to get 7, 8 or more women to all decide "to destroy someone's life." Especially if the predator has a certain MO and it keeps coming up. It wouldn't be a coincidence then or just a random event. You have to put all the pieces together to get a true picture of someone's behaviors. If it were 1 woman, they wouldn't have much to stand on. But, all of these cases seem to involve many women except Frankin, which is 2 so far.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:16 PM

6,682 posts, read 11,915,298 times
Every day it is another man being accused. I'm referring to this onslaught starting with Weinstein. That in itself looks odd. The daily attack. What I find very concerning is the outcome of the accusals. Immediate dismissal from careers. I have watched Charlie Rose on PBS for what must be decades. I can understand the severity of the charge. I just don't get the very abrupt firing. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What's to say every charge is legit. Is just a hello and a smile to some woman considered harassment? Or is there a clear definition of what is, and what's not harrassment. Who's next I'm sure another will be named tomorrow. Where does this end? Will this be spreading from politics and entertainment industry to all work places? Personally I'm tired of hearing about this everyday on Headlines.

Not to put a damper on bringing sexual harrassment to everyone's attention. However I am questioning the Witch Hunt method. I'm also questioning why this country doesn't put, this much effort into fixing this countrys massive problems.. I want to know when this country is going to fix Healthcare. Evidently I won't be hearing anymore Charlie Rose Programs on the subject.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 PM

6,015 posts, read 2,706,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Every day it is another man being accused. I'm referring to this onslaught starting with Weinstein. That in itself looks odd. The daily attack. What I find very concerning is the outcome of the accusals. Immediate dismissal from careers. I have watched Charlie Rose on PBS for what must be decades. I can understand the severity of the charge. I just don't get the very abrupt firing. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What's to say every charge is legit. Is just a hello and a smile to some woman considered harassment? Or is there a clear definition of what is, and what's not harrassment. Who's next I'm sure another will be named tomorrow. Where does this end? Will this be spreading from politics and entertainment industry to all work places? Personally I'm tired of hearing about this everyday on Headlines.

Not to put a damper on bringing sexual harrassment to everyone's attention. However I am questioning the Witch Hunt method. I'm also questioning why this country doesn't put, this much effort into fixing this countrys massive problems.. I want to know when this country is going to fix Healthcare. Evidently I won't be hearing anymore Charlie Rose Programs on the subject.
He admitted to the behavior. No one is buying his mumbo jumbo apology that he thought his advances were welcome lol.

You seriously are unable to make the distinction between dangling your privates in front of your employee albeit fresh from the shower and a hello and a smile? C'mon...........

Old 11-22-2017, 12:00 AM

19,383 posts, read 13,050,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I find it hard to believe in the little Peyton Place that is the media that stories of Rose's extracurricular activities were not shared.

Anyway, CBS knew about it. They did nothing while the lid was kept on. Firing him once the lid came off hardly covers them with glory.
Some at CBS probably heard rumors, but Rose only went after women who worked for him or were applicants for a job in his own production company.

Like most predators, Rose was careful in selecting his targets. He was any employee of CBS at the same time he was producing his own interview show that was shown nightly on PBS. As a CBS employee, he didn't have the power to hire and fire he did in his own company, so he was careful not to hit on any of the CBS women.

And of course, he was very careful around his 2 co-anchors on the Morning News, Nora O'Donnell and Gayle King, as they were both his equals.

News shows have many producers; each has a story or two they put together, and being a producer is an entry-level position at first. As the producers gain seniority and experience, they move up to the bigger and more important news stories over a span of years.

I read an account from a woman who got an inside shot at becoming a producer for Rose. She was young, and had a friend who worked for CBS producing, and her friend was leaving to marry and move out of NYC. It's a clear account of Rose's creepy ways with young women.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009

I think it's a shame Rose couldn't control his impulses. He had enormous connections that spread far out into many different areas, and he put those connections to good use on his own Charlie Rose Show.

The guy was a great interviewer, and his show on PBS always had great guests. He interviewed folks from all over the political spectrum from far right to far left, business leaders, economists, national security people, actors, dancers, singers of all kinds, authors of all kinds, and many others.
He has a way of finding the right questions to ask, and can bore in once he finds them. But he never made his guests squirm or become defensive (or aggressive). He was able to keep his own feelings neutral most of the time unless a guest caused him to respond in some personal fashion. Many of his guests were as skilled as he was.

But he's done for good now. We won't ever see him again in his old role, and probably not at all in anything public. He's very well off, fixed for life, and 75 years old. He probably never wanted to retire; I'm sure he wanted to be like John McGoughlin and do his show until he died.

I wonder how many doors just got slammed in his face forever. Being a pariah and an outcast is a hard thing for a guy like him.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:06 AM

6,100 posts, read 3,214,167 times
I saw an old Rose interview with Mary Tyler Moore and I thought he was weirdly flirty in that interview. She and Dick Van Dyke had posed for this risque humorous photo featuring leather and whips, and he was loving it.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:59 AM

28,002 posts, read 19,677,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

There are ways to see if a woman is lying about rape:

Woman accused of lying about rape drops claim against second trooper - News - Citizens' Voice

It is also worth mentioning that most of the accused are admitting to the allegations.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:00 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,906,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

Dumb Charlie's Production person, Yvette Vega, was told about his actions and her response was, "That's just Charlie being Charlie."

Seems many associated with him knew. And the idiot actually thought women wanted to see his dangling bit. Yeah, sure. What a creep. What a fool. What a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or