U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 08:30 AM

9,891 posts, read 5,742,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Every day it is another man being accused. I'm referring to this onslaught starting with Weinstein. That in itself looks odd. The daily attack. What I find very concerning is the outcome of the accusals. Immediate dismissal from careers. I have watched Charlie Rose on PBS for what must be decades. I can understand the severity of the charge. I just don't get the very abrupt firing. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What's to say every charge is legit. Is just a hello and a smile to some woman considered harassment? Or is there a clear definition of what is, and what's not harrassment. Who's next I'm sure another will be named tomorrow. Where does this end? Will this be spreading from politics and entertainment industry to all work places? Personally I'm tired of hearing about this everyday on Headlines.

Not to put a damper on bringing sexual harrassment to everyone's attention. However I am questioning the Witch Hunt method. I'm also questioning why this country doesn't put, this much effort into fixing this countrys massive problems.. I want to know when this country is going to fix Healthcare. Evidently I won't be hearing anymore Charlie Rose Programs on the subject.
If it isn't done this way then it will continue. Kept internally as it has been, people just get shuffled around, the victims may get fired, paid off and moved around and the abusers keep doing it.

This is the best way to expose what is happening and show there are consequences. Watch and learn, this behavior is unacceptable and can ruin a person.

It seems some people don't think it is that bad to do these things to young women. Not worth ruining a man's career anyway. These guys admitted it, so it isn't like a made-up story about a witch, it is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,135,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Dumb Charlie's Production person, Yvette Vega, was told about his actions and her response was, "That's just Charlie being Charlie."

Seems many associated with him knew. And the idiot actually thought women wanted to see his dangling bit. Yeah, sure. What a creep. What a fool. What a moron.
What a huge disappointment. Charlie Rose. One of the best interviewers of all time. I used to think he was a class act. Someone once said that some brilliant people have no common sense.

Where were some of these men raised? Cocky men in power and some not in power, seem to think that they can push women around for their benefit.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:14 AM

7,878 posts, read 10,169,826 times
He's a pig. He's not only sexually harassed women, but he's been aggressive and patronizing w/ those wanting jobs. I read an article yesterday about a woman trying to get employment w/ him and how horrible he was to her. He's abused his power in a corrupt way. Glad he's off the air.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:42 AM

15,057 posts, read 4,924,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Every day it is another man being accused. I'm referring to this onslaught starting with Weinstein. That in itself looks odd. The daily attack. What I find very concerning is the outcome of the accusals. Immediate dismissal from careers. I have watched Charlie Rose on PBS for what must be decades. I can understand the severity of the charge. I just don't get the very abrupt firing. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. What's to say every charge is legit. Is just a hello and a smile to some woman considered harassment? Or is there a clear definition of what is, and what's not harrassment. Who's next I'm sure another will be named tomorrow. Where does this end? Will this be spreading from politics and entertainment industry to all work places? Personally I'm tired of hearing about this everyday on Headlines.
Here's the thing. Women have been dealing with this since forever. They have had their careers ruined by powerful men if they didn't play along since forever. They have been silenced by a culture that willingly looked the other way or downplayed the prevalence of this kind of behavior everywhere since forever.

I get that you are tired of hearing about it. But for women, this is a long awaited moment in time.

Charlie Rose is a great disappointment to me, but he is part of the good old boys club who grossly misused their power and influence simply because they could. That is not acceptable, no matter who it is.

This is long overdue, and many are going to be caught in this wave--enough to make a deep and lasting impression. That's the way social change happens.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM

7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Charlie Rose is the only media host that continues (for decades) to discuss the NWO ...

btw: no one else will touch it.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:05 PM

8,466 posts, read 2,556,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Here's the thing. Women have been dealing with this since forever. They have had their careers ruined by powerful men if they didn't play along since forever. They have been silenced by a culture that willingly looked the other way or downplayed the prevalence of this kind of behavior everywhere since forever.

I get that you are tired of hearing about it. But for women, this is a long awaited moment in time.

Charlie Rose is a great disappointment to me, but he is part of the good old boys club who grossly misused their power and influence simply because they could. That is not acceptable, no matter who it is.

This is long overdue, and many are going to be caught in this wave--enough to make a deep and lasting impression. That's the way social change happens.

The only change that needs to be made is women filing charges right away and not decades later.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM

27,362 posts, read 15,077,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What a huge disappointment. Charlie Rose. One of the best interviewers of all time. I used to think he was a class act. Someone once said that some brilliant people have no common sense.

Where were some of these men raised? Cocky men in power and some not in power, seem to think that they can push women around for their benefit.
Really? I thought he was a terrible interviewer. Sycophantic even. His fluff and puff piece with Steve Bannon was really bad.

I'm not sorry to see him leave the scene.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:16 PM

15,057 posts, read 4,924,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The only change that needs to be made is women filing charges right away and not decades later.
I think now that we've reached this watershed moment we'll start to see this happening more. The fear around speaking up is being removed.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:13 PM

19,383 posts, read 13,050,331 times
Quote:
I think now that we've reached this watershed moment we'll start to see this happening more. The fear around speaking up is being removed.
I'm not so sure of that. It takes a lot of courage for anyone who's young to speak out against someone older and has much more social influence and power.

And young teens always tend to blame themselves for everything. They are still too young to have an understanding of adulthood's ways. If a kid is unsure of what a parent's reaction would be if something bad was mentioned, it's often just simpler to keep it a secret.

But when one breaks the silence, then there becomes a strength in numbers. 2 girls are stronger than 1, 3 stronger than 2, and on it goes.

But, as we have seen recently, even when many girls finally speak out, they will be met with derision and disbelief, the very things that kept them silent for so long.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:52 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,293,719 times
Quote:

I agree with you. That said, I only favor termination in this way if the accused has essentially fessed up to some or all of the behavior as Rose and Weinstein have done. Where the accused maintains innocence and there is no corroborating evidence, I do have a problem with such a drastic step. Ultimately, while I don't doubt that sexual harassment is a major problem, these accusations, which are aimed at a relatively few amount of people, don't show a pervasive issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or