Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 PM

25,762 posts, read 16,376,737 times

Advertisements

Remember Rose grilling Trump about an unproven recording of him in a men’s locker room when he was a private citizen. Rose represents perfectly the hypocrisy of liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 08:58 PM

25,597 posts, read 56,282,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
As a disgraced member of the media the apartment in NYC would be first on my list, ..... Some co-ops have provisions in their leases that should a stockholder's conduct become notorious the shareholder could be, effectively, evicted.

His future may be as an author, a solitary venture. Go back home to Henderson, North Carolina and write.
Quote:
Manhattan co-ops are very 'clubby'. A co-op is not a condominium, they do background checks before they agree to permit a sale. Prominent people have been rejected because their occupancy would be disruptive to their community. There is no predicting what would happen in this instance but odds are the co-op Board of Directors has engaged counsel to make sure that the other shareholder rights are protected. Either the Board or the shareholders can give him the boot.
I agree - there is a very real risk of this. That said, probably half the men in whatever building he occupies do not have clean hands - whether it be business, private, etc. Rose will be punished enough in other ways. I sincerely hope eviction or threat of same is not one of them.

He might be best off overseas - in France, where he has a residence. He should be able to put together quite a interesting life there. He might even be able to resume a career interviewing European politicians for Euopean media. I doubt the Europeans would shun him to the degree he will experience in the US for the foreseeable future.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 PM

10,987 posts, read 20,473,470 times
The issue with the Pullman clause is that his conduct is known and notorious. There may be other shareholders engaged in similar behavior but they haven't been outed, yet.

Yes he could move to France. Keep in mind the fact that French labor laws are more convoluted than ours.

Hypocrisy can easily be found among both conservatives and liberals. Frankly I don't see Rose in either camp. The only common denominator I see of perpetrators is that they are male. Few women have risen into positions where power is exercised through sexual harassment, they may be demanding prima-donnas and have a nasty attitude but sex.. rarely.

Last edited by Nell Plotts; 11-22-2017 at 11:02 PM..

Old 11-22-2017, 11:26 PM

20,628 posts, read 8,395,517 times
Quote:
What makes this so gut wrenching is that he had the persona of a gentleman and intellectual. His fall from grace is monumental.
Liberals know their own kind depend on appearances and words and feelings so they can fool them easier.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:50 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,831,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Remember Rose grilling Trump about an unproven recording of him in a men’s locker room when he was a private citizen. Rose represents perfectly the hypocrisy of liberals.
Just pure hypocrisy, not liberal. How could he justify his grilling/interviews, when he was just as guilty of mis-treating women. To me, he is worse, because he seemed to be a class act, with the manners and qualities of a true gentleman.

Last edited by mollygee; 11-23-2017 at 09:10 AM..

Old 11-23-2017, 12:59 PM

15,605 posts, read 7,476,795 times
Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see. -- Will Rogers ...

Old 11-23-2017, 01:10 PM

29,177 posts, read 22,181,469 times
Quote:
What makes this so gut wrenching is that he had the persona of a gentleman and intellectual. His fall from grace is monumental.

I doubt that Charlie will be welcome at his country club. While he may own several expensive properties their purchase and maintenance was predicated on income that he doesn't have now. If he is as smart as I think he is will sell off a couple of his homes/apartments. As a disgraced member of the media the apartment in NYC would be first on my list, can you imagine the reaction of New Yorkers if he dined at a restaurant or walked on the street? Bums would spit at him, reporters would follow him with mics and camera. Some co-ops have provisions in their leases that should a stockholder's conduct become notorious the shareholder could be, effectively, evicted.

His future may be as an author, a solitary venture. Go back home to Henderson, North Carolina and write.
Rose purchased a farmstead close to Henderson to be used in his retirement. So your comment is more accurate than you may have thought.

I think about the only writing we'll ever see from him will be a compilation of his old interviews. If we ever see anything at all from him.

Charlie's disgrace is much deeper than the average politician's; he soared with the elite all his adult life, and was both a part of them and apart from them at the same time. That's extremely rare, so it's very unforgivable.

Power can abide just about everything but sexual disgrace. It's one of their few vulnerabilities in our society.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:18 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Rose purchased a farmstead close to Henderson to be used in his retirement. So your comment is more accurate than you may have thought.

I think about the only writing we'll ever see from him will be a compilation of his old interviews. If we ever see anything at all from him.

Charlie's disgrace is much deeper than the average politician's; he soared with the elite all his adult life, and was both a part of them and apart from them at the same time. That's extremely rare, so it's very unforgivable.

Power can abide just about everything but sexual disgrace. It's one of their few vulnerabilities in our society.
Interesting thought.......be dishonorable to the country and lie it into wars, you are still respected. Be a cad and you are ostracized.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:38 PM

15,605 posts, read 7,476,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Interesting thought.......be dishonorable to the country and lie it into wars, you are still respected. Be a cad and you are ostracized.
Quote:
Be a cad and you are ostracized.
There is more than one way to skin a cat and the cat isn't going to like any of them.

Too much of this (reports of sexual harassment) for them all just to be, a coincidence and I suspect someone is making a butt load of money.

Start will Bill Cosby and work your way around to the rest of the many. If any one wants to destroy a person's image, it's (accusations) like taking candy from a baby. Cosby was making enemies as well as friends, same a Charlie.

Charlie Rose, is not alone in his boat.

The Dam of Congressional Sexual-Harassment Claims Cracks Open

Say what ya'll will, but I for one not buying it.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:52 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
There is more than one way to skin a cat and the cat isn't going to like any of them.

Too much of this (reports of sexual harassment) for them all just to be, a coincidence and I suspect someone is making a butt load of money.

Start will Bill Cosby and work your way around to the rest of the many. If any one wants to destroy a person's image, it's (accusations) like taking candy from a baby. Cosby was making enemies as well as friends, same a Charlie.

Charlie Rose, is not alone in his boat.

The Dam of Congressional Sexual-Harassment Claims Cracks Open

Say what ya'll will, but I for one not buying it.
Not buying what? You think none of the accusations are true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies