Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 02:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell
So Godfrey-Ryan immediately did what? Contact EEOC and take the woman she confided in with her, to substantiate her claim? No she sat on it for 17 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's how you excuse him firing her? Also.......I do not know the laws forwards and backwards here. From what it seems, his was a small potato's organization. Generally laws such as what you mention only apply to a business of a certain size.

Then how much harder would it be for her to land another job in her line of business 17 years ago after suing Charlie Rose?

How many actresses would find work after suing a producer or production head?

We all have but I've never drugged women.
I'm not excusing him for firing her, I'm questioning why she didn't seek retribution at the time of being fired.
Quote:
Then how much harder would it be for her to land another job in her line of business 17 years ago after suing Charlie Rose?
that idk, but several things I do know. There is fight response or flight response to have been hurt. Flight, usually never come back to the hurt. Fight, takes place at the time, as the person hurt wants payback and I don't think they look at 'career' consequences. (why wake up 17 years later and go, oh yea ...)
Quote:
We all have but I've never drugged women.
But most can all have a Character Assassination or a power play, done to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 02:41 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I'm not excusing him for firing her, I'm questioning why she didn't seek retribution at the time of being fired.
that idk, but several things I do know. There is fight response or flight response to have been hurt. Flight, usually never come back to the hurt. Fight, takes place at the time, as the person hurt wants payback and I don't think they look at 'career' consequences. (why wake up 17 years later and go, oh yea ...)
She unlikely did. She saw an opportunity to finally see some justice.

Quote:
But most can all have a Character Assassination or a power play, done to us.
True but most of these are more than a she said/he said. Most are a She said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said/He apologized.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:33 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Those guys who assaulted you are not just perverts, they are criminals and pedophiles. I suppose nothing happened to them. That is not just what men do. All men do NOT do this - why are you accusing them?
No nothing happened to them. And in regards to why am I accusing "them" meaning "all men" it is because it is my opinion that all men actually do things that they don't think are all that bad but really are. I think it is a perspective that men have that they believe things - like girls/women want to be spoken to in a certain way or touched, etc., when that is not the case for all girls/women.

My own daughter had a boy in her class repeatedly rub her butt when she was in the 2nd grade. The boy is not a bad boy/pervert he just thought it was funny to see my daughter react in such a way. I don't consider what he did "assault" since they were both 7 years old. I also know the boy's parents and they were mortified that their son did that to my daughter, as was their teacher and I made it a point not to take it to the principal because they would have labeled this boy a "sexual predator/assaulter" when he is just a silly boy doing something he didn't think was bad.

Again, it is a cultural issue. Boys need to be taught very early to not touch girls in inappropriate ways. The parents of this little boy had never spoken to their son about this sort of thing until it happened to my daughter.

And I think it is all men/boys because I've seen all types of men do it and have had all the men I know in my life admit that they have done something to a girl/woman that could be construed as being inappropriate or assault - usually something simple and not like the more serious things that occurred to me - most of them have done the butt touching or just inappropriate touching in general or snapping bra straps or doing something to disgust a girl for a laugh. And IMO it is up to men to teach the boys in their lives what is and is not appropriate, which is why you believe I "accuse" them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
All men are sexual offenders? That's nonsense. I've never sexually assaulted or harassed a woman in my life and I refuse to believe I'm unique for that.
I said all men have done something to a girl/woman IMO that was inappropriate, not necessarily assault but in today's day and age a bra strap snap is an "assault" and touching a girl/woman without her permission is an "assault" so IMO practically all men have done this at some point in their lives and those of you who say you have not are kidding yourselves. You may not be a sexual deviant, but I highly doubt that you have not touched a girl when you were a little boy even in a way that she didn't want, similar to my own daughter's issues in 2nd grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I agree with you 100%. Its offensive to be lumped in the same category as these sex offenders. I have never done any of these things either and I would imagine the vast majority of men have not.
I believe the vast majority of men have touched a girl or woman without her permission or have said things to a girl or woman that was inappropriate. I think it is hard for men to realize that they do these sorts of things, but you have done it if you are honest with yourself, especially those of a certain age. Younger men today I would give them some leeway but IMO men aged 30 or older have done it because it was acceptable and ignored by our general society in the past, which is why older guys seem to have the most issues with it in the media today IMO.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Black woman claims that Rose not sexually harassing her was evidence of his racism. Plus he is too tall...
Quote:
And while many of us on staff were subject to Charlie’s unsolicited shoulder massages and physical intimidation, as he towered above us at a height over six feet tall, the women Charlie preferred and preyed upon—at least that I witnessed—were white. It was an environment that all but erased me, while simultaneously exploiting me as a black woman...
In America, the most desirable woman in the room—the most sacred, coveted, enshrined woman—has always been the white woman. …
To be clear, I’m not suggesting it would have been preferable for Charlie to have preyed upon me, too—but rather, his sexualization of white women was a manifestation of gendered power dynamics in the same way that his not sexualizing me was an expression of racialized power dynamics.
Former Charlie Rose Producer Rebecca Carroll on Working With the PBS Host

Old 12-20-2017, 02:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Black woman claims that Rose not sexually harassing her was evidence of his racism. Plus he is too tall...

Former Charlie Rose Producer Rebecca Carroll on Working With the PBS Host
Im confused. Is she upset that he didn't do it to her too?

Old 12-20-2017, 03:55 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im confused. Is she upset that he didn't do it to her too?
Yes. Yes she is. All of these accusations against rich and powerful men are partly a brag. She felt left out of all the flattering attention her former colleagues got when it became known that Rose found them irresistible, so she consoled herself with victim of racism status.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:44 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,046,599 times
I dust-off this thread by mentionning these article then CBS execs are freaking out about Charlie Rose.
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/09/cbs-e...site%20buttons

Old 04-10-2018, 06:45 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
I wish he could go to jail for what he's done.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:49 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I dust-off this thread by mentionning these article then CBS execs are freaking out about Charlie Rose.
https://pagesix.com/2018/04/09/cbs-e...site%20buttons
Here's the best part:

Quote:
Meanwhile, a source accused CBS News of hypocrisy — for framing alleged Donald Trump mistress Stormy Daniels as brave for breaking her NDA to speak to the network’s “60 Minutes” but warning its own staff about breaking theirs.
S*it just got real, yo.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes. Yes she is. All of these accusations against rich and powerful men are partly a brag. She felt left out of all the flattering attention her former colleagues got when it became known that Rose found them irresistible, so she consoled herself with victim of racism status.
I'm glad this thread got bumped because I missed this development. Thanks for pointing it out.

I mean...I shouldn't be surprised with the antics of the SJWs and race baiters anymore but this has to be the most insane/psychotic thing I've ever heard one of them say.

Then again, it's only Tuesday. It will probably be topped by the end of the week.

SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies