U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 AM

9,351 posts, read 5,172,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Or you could go read up on that one for yourself if you’re that curious instead of asking him to spoon feed you the cliffs notes mr sad face.
That's what I thought, no answer LOL

I win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 07:14 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:
I like how NPR is like oh but some of them have children here now! Im thinking to myself that was probably a questionable decision!

I don't understand why so many Americans believe that if you're not an American citizen, that you are not allowed to take children born in America to another country.

"But they have KIDS born in the US!!!!!" Um... yeah.... and they can take them kids with them.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:16 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I win!

The Haitian community is often very anti-Clinton. If you read things outside your echo chamber you might have known this:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-10-...g-why-vote-all

Haitian American voters feel mixed about Hillary Clinton, want visit | Miami Herald

Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 AM

32,525 posts, read 17,636,768 times
Lightbulb Trump sends Hatians Packing

It's unfortunate, but the harsh reality is that the USA can't serve as a safety valve for the world's ongoing self-inflicted calamities. We can't continue to have an open door policy for "refugees" pouring in from every corner of the planet.

In the case of Haiti, it's been a perpetual disaster from the beginning. No amount of "foreign aid" has done one scintilla of good in making it anything other than a cesspool of poverty, ignorance, and disease. Only Haitians can make it better.

Let's see them begin to make a difference, because they certainly haven't over the past two centuries.

Not our job.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:21 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,895,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's unfortunate, but the harsh reality is that the USA can't serve as a safety valve for the world's ongoing self-inflicted calamities. We can't continue to have an open door policy for "refugees" pouring in from every corner of the planet.

In the case of Haiti, it's been a perpetual disaster from the beginning. No amount of "foreign aid" has done one scintilla of good in making it anything other than a cesspool of poverty, ignorance, and disease. Only Haitians can make it better.

Let's see them begin to make a difference, because they certainly haven't over the past two centuries.

Not our job.
I agree. The USA needs to stop being the world's dumping ground for charity cases. We have our own problems. We were more than generous with Haiti and the Haitians. They should have been sent home a long time ago.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I dont know why but Haiti has always been a disaster. They have to be the poorest country. I wonder where all the funds have gone that has been donated over the years?
I suspect their leaders are corrupt. I'm guessing they have rich and poor, probably nothing in between, and we headed in that direction by bringing in these people when we can't even take care of our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That's a question for Hillary to answer since that's another Clinton scandal.
Indeed! One of many, but a real standout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
GOOD

And why 18 months.
I would give 3 months generously.
I'd give them 6 months to close up shop and go home. It should have been taken care of a long time ago.

Quote:
Got any proof of that? Or do you just say that because you hate Hillary?

If only you'd answer that question honestly....
US election 2016: What really happened with the Clintons in Haiti? - BBC News I found it particularly interesting that Dems are screaming for increases in minimum wage in the US yet Clinton was one that wanted to suppress wages in Haiti. Sadly, the official that was to actually provide the details committed "suicide" (another death on the Clinton death list of more than 80 individuals):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayKCZZ-Eew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBPejUTfQi8

Quote:
I like how NPR is like oh but some of them have children here now! Im thinking to myself that was probably a questionable decision!
The old "anchor baby" defense is what they are fishing for, plus more money in their pocket when it came to public assistance. If I were anywhere temporarily and faced with going home to a country that is supposed to be in shambles and so horrible, I wouldn't have been having children. I am sure they were all given Medicaid access and Medicaid does provide birth control and family planning services.

Quote:

I win!
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't understand why so many Americans believe that if you're not an American citizen, that you are not allowed to take children born in America to another country.

"But they have KIDS born in the US!!!!!" Um... yeah.... and they can take them kids with them.
Again, "anchor baby" defense. We have seen so much of this with illegal aliens. Drop a houseful of American citizen babies and claim you want to keep the family to together and the horrible US government won't let you stay. Rule is the kids are the responsibility of those parents, so they all go home together, or there are plenty of US families that are looking to adopt children if the parents don't want them. I suppose when you simply have children to bring benefits to yourself that they are a real drag when they don't deliver.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:13 PM

368 posts, read 97,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not blaming trump for this, I think both parties have supported this at one time or another, but it is a horrible action.

Haiti is in shambles. Half the island doesnt have clean water and the Dominicans are racist against the Haitians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WvKeYuwifc
that video is intentionally biased. horrible and unprofessional. completely left out that Haity occupied the DR for 3 decades? lol

Old 01-24-2018, 02:35 PM

30,881 posts, read 24,200,485 times
its about time. temporary doesnt mean eight years.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:42 PM

3,302 posts, read 911,548 times
There is a reason the word TEMPORARY is in the name of the visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies