U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:30 PM

33,066 posts, read 26,889,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is what happens when you internalize your side's propaganda.
That was my take on it.

It seems to imply that owning a hat with Merry Christmas on it is going to anger people. Nobody minds hats that say "Merry Christmas" on them, despite what people who think there's a war on Christmas want to believe.

Combining the two is like saying Trump is making Christmas great again. I dunno, but time off work, presents, and pretty lights made it pretty great already around here for decades of my recollection and Trump and Christmas aren't remotely linked. If I saw someone wearing one of these, I'd assume they think that they're annoying me because they're wearing a Trump Christmas hat when I'd really be thinking they were suckers for shelling out 45 clams to buy a hat when they could buy a generic Christmas hat at Walmart for about 5 bucks.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yeah, just another cash grab by the Trump campaign organization...putting out a slightly different model with a seasonal variation in an attempt to boost sales of his political tchotchkes.

Now if Donald really wants to offer a better product, he should include LED lights in the bill of his MAGA hats. Those little lights certainly help old people out when they're trying to read the menus in dimly lit family restaurants. Both stylish and practical - a winning combination!
I do think the lights would make this worth the 45 dollars.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas!

(Yes, even us heathens celebrate the holiday... wonders abound, right? Don't believe the anti-Christmas hype, my friend.)

Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We should know by now, that saying "Merry Christmas" sets liberals into a rage. I wish they wore a hat like the one pictured here, only in Blue, saying "Liberal". Then we'd know not to upset them with "Merry Christmas".
It really doesn't.

I wonder where that myth got started?

I know some REALLY liberal people. Atheists, agnostics, etc.

None of them care if someone says Merry Christmas. They aren't keen on "Jesus is the reason for the season" because they disagree re: the reason for the solstice in general, but we all know Christmas is an actual holiday, so why would being wished a Merry (name of holiday) OFFEND anyone?

I tell my Jewish friends Happy Hanukkah and it doesn't bother me.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:40 PM

5,819 posts, read 3,362,598 times
Not to be bah-humbug but can we get through Thankgiving before we start wishing everyone 'Merry Christmas'. It's still November!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 12:41 PM

11,218 posts, read 7,240,734 times
Don't discount Thanksgiving! No Christmas greetings until I enjoy my favorite holiday.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:46 PM

2,709 posts, read 677,397 times
Lol yes. I don’t like to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving

Old 11-21-2017, 12:52 PM

2,112 posts, read 677,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It says merry Christmas. Why is this a story? Y’alls obsession is quite concerning.
Is basically the same hat except he added Merry Christmas

The zombie Trumpkins will buy it not realizing they are being suckered, again

LOL

Old 11-21-2017, 12:53 PM

2,054 posts, read 984,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Not to be bah-humbug but can we get through Thankgiving before we start wishing everyone 'Merry Christmas'. It's still November!
Feilz Navidad!

Stores combine Halloween and Thanksgiving and start putting out merchandise in October. That's why they have Christmas merchandise near the beginning of November. Much as I like Christmas, I don't start celebrating until December.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM

13,509 posts, read 11,042,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I do think the lights would make this worth the 45 dollars.
LED lights jingling Lee Greenwood's (Proud to be an American), LOl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or