U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 05:21 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,258,801 times

Advertisements

Girls and boys shouldn’t be forced to hug/touch.

I’m notoriously touchy-feely. I love hugging, playing with hair, touching people. I try really hard to be considerate of people who don’t like to be touched—and those who may not have the strongest voices, such as children.

Let’s be real here: Little girls being forced to touch and hug adults are how pedophiles—even those from 40 years ago—are able to easily manipulate teen girls into doing disgusting things.

Girls (and boys), it’s OK to tell adults you don’t want to be touched in any way.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 11-22-2017 at 05:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 05:23 AM

29,007 posts, read 19,027,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No one is saying to tell kids never to hug people, but to respect a child who doesn’t want to hug someone, anyone, don’t make them just because it’s a family member or you’re at a funeral. It’s really not a big deal. If someone needs a hug THAT badly from that one person/child, then maybe they are the one with an issue. Again, the reason for the kid not wanting to do it doesn’t matter at all.

I’m not a person who likes hugs. People I know know this. I will hug family, but friends I rarely hug. No one makes a big deal about it. The same logic applies to children, or should.

In your first post to me you said you heard someone on the radio say “you shouldn’t FORCE people to hug” because of sexual assault. Well yeah, you shouldn’t FORCE people to hug period. Maybe you meant to say something else, but that’s what you said.

So Granny doesn't get a hub because little Johnny doesn't like the way old people smell?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:26 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,258,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So Granny doesn't get a hub because little Johnny doesn't like the way old people smell?
Whatever the reason, Johnny doesn’t want to hug. He doesn’t have to.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:35 AM

10,414 posts, read 2,826,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Whatever the reason, Johnny doesn’t want to hug. He doesn’t have to.
Sorry, only one rep to give you now.

I do not understand why this concept is so difficult. Adults, rightly, feel that they have autonomy over their own bodies. Why should it be different for children?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:42 AM

10,414 posts, read 2,826,386 times
You know, there is one thing I haven't seen mentioned here (if it was, and I missed it, my apologies), and here it is:

Why would anyone even want a hug, or any other expression of affection, that was not freely given? Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire purpose?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:53 AM

8,152 posts, read 4,467,366 times
I only allow one person to touch me, that my secretary, she's a hugger and been around thirty years , still uncomfortable over that. I just don't like to be touch

Old 11-22-2017, 05:54 AM

4,278 posts, read 1,474,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I didn't even make a comment on that. I'm pointing out that all you SJW's are going to eventually make eye contact an assault if this keeps up.

I agree that degree of stupidity is coming from the liberal SJWs and will happen as the ball keeps rolling down hill.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 AM

13,701 posts, read 21,521,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Girls and boys shouldn’t be forced to hug/touch.

I’m notoriously touchy-feely. I love hugging, playing with hair, touching people. I try really hard to be considerate of people who don’t like to be touched—and those who may not have the strongest voices, such as children.

Let’s be real here: Little girls being forced to touch and hug adults are how pedophiles—even those from 40 years ago—are able to easily manipulate teen girls into doing disgusting things.

Girls (and boys), it’s OK to tell adults you don’t want to be touched in any way.
Playing with hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I only allow one person to touch me, that my secretary, she's a hugger and been around thirty years , still uncomfortable over that. I just don't like to be touch
I didn't know they were still called secretaries. I thought administrative coordinator or assistant was the new term.

I'm ok with the fist bump for people who don't seem receptive to the hug. It's not like someone is gonna get a tongue shoved down their ear if they're squirming away. That's just gross, people who force the hug or the kiss.

I've got an old cousin, 32 years older than me who still tries to get that wrinkly lip kiss and she's a smoker. Yuck!

Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 AM

3,064 posts, read 1,578,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No she doesn't. It's not all about granny. She is an adult. She will get over it.

I remember when I was about 3 or so. My mom and dad made me give my great grandmother a hug and she kissed my cheek and gave me a long hug. I was scared to death. She was probably almost a 100 and looked the the Crypt Keeper. I still remember that.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:14 AM

6,323 posts, read 1,530,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Men should not be allowed to touch children that are not their own and even that should be closely supervised.
Geez, this is absurd, I hope the poster is joking.

Everyone is a potential suspect or rapist in this modern day police state.

I think its things like this, that people living 100 yrs from now will be looking back to our times and laughing about, how could those people have been so dumb back then to consider such things, the same way people today refer to things people did in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or