U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:08 AM

4,841 posts, read 2,044,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Thank You for response. Women and men ARE different. I agree. That difference needs to be celebrated as we complement each other. One can't be without the other and have happiness. Or shouldn't.

Men are NOT disposable. No man hating rhetoric here. From our first experiences with our father's we look to you men with admiration and fierce loyalty. By the time interpersonal relationships with men are involved and sex is in the equation most feel like you don't SEE US anymore. We don't matter. Hence, the confusion, anger and pain. It feels like a betrayal. I am not good with words, but that is as simply as I can put it.
They may not always say of the many things they appreciates, but believe it, they notice, that the towels are laid out nealty, the bed is made neatly, how the food is prepared, how she is groomed and all the little things often times women think men don't see. he see's it!! and he appreciates it, its more a part of what is the home and relations, than to isolate each thing and make it a point of focus. (hope that helps see it with broader concept, and not think in terms of betrayal.)

I work with some men, and I respect them in many categories, but one thing I continually compliment them about.. "they always have thoughts of their wives", they talk about where they want to take her, things she does and these are men, who speak about the "value of companionship", they don't talk about body parts and stuff as such. They know they like their women to look good, and they appreciate their women wanting to look good.
There is nothing these guys would not do for their women.

I think if many women actually know how deeply men care when he chooses, they'd be stunned amazed... but what women often don't know.. is many of these same men, starve for her to also help make him feel highly desired by her.

If one notes, the women who proactively show their men their appreciations and acknowledge him with thoughts of competency and respect for competency as a "person", these men are delighted. If one looks at older couples. where "considerations remain high in the relationship"... the competitiveness goes away and they are each both very considerate of and about each other...

many young people don't get to know that because they can't stay together long enough to get past the competitive stage that is so much a part of youthfulness.

Even guys who have lost a mate, or broken up... also talk about "all the little things" that the woman did to make life and home nice... and when they talk, they talk fondly about these things.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 11-22-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 10:01 AM

4,760 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Stop blaming women for the faults of men. Women can dress how they want. Just as men can dress how they want. Why are there consequences for them because men can't control themselves around them. And do these consequences warrant being assaulted.
At what point did I say it was okay to assault someone? Please highlight the specific text in my post.

There are indeed consequences to what anyone wears be it a man or a woman. It's an unfortunate part of human nature. You seem to want to legislate an emotion or a reaction. You can't do that. Men and women have the right to think whatever they want about how another person is dressed. If you don't want to be thought of as a tramp don't dress like one. That goes for anyone, male or female.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:10 AM

4,760 posts, read 2,442,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I dressed to look as stunning as possible - it felt like a responsibility.
In order to go out and "look stunning" says you wanted the attention. Otherwise, what's the point?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:29 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,903,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I don't consider what he said to be creepy at all. I would have been flattered, not offended.
Yeah, it's not creepy kinda like Weinstein doesn't think watching him shower is creepy.

Trust me...it's creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Damn dude, you’re like the windiest poster on any board ever. You should win some kind of award.
lol. Keep reading. It gets worse, lolol.

I would hate to be in the same room as this one and the "you wear your maturity well" dude.

Damn!

And yes, I worked with both of those types. Definitely creepy and noisy.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:32 AM

2,278 posts, read 708,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
They may not always say of the many things they appreciates, but believe it, they notice, that the towels are laid out nealty, the bed is made neatly, how the food is prepared, how she is groomed and all the little things often times women think men don't see. he see's it!! and he appreciates it, its more a part of what is the home and relations, than to isolate each thing and make it a point of focus. (hope that helps see it with broader concept, and not think in terms of betrayal.)
Do you not notice the sexism inherent in these types of comments?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,903,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Do you not notice the sexism inherent in these types of comments?
I'll admit I laughed out loud at the laying out of towels? Who lays out towels?

Originally Posted by Chance and Change
They may not always say of the many things they appreciates, but believe it, they notice, that the towels are laid out nealty,

Old 11-22-2017, 11:55 AM

2,927 posts, read 1,029,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
In order to go out and "look stunning" says you wanted the attention. Otherwise, what's the point?

Ok. Whatever. Do you feel better now?

Old 11-22-2017, 12:40 PM

13,840 posts, read 4,103,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do women objectify themselves when they wear short skirts, high heels, tight blouses etc? Not that I mind. I thoroughly enjoy them. Donít attack me, Iím not excusing harassment. Just an opinion question. Looking nice is one thing, but putting out the sexy vibes seems practically unfair. #justwalkaway.
You used the words "gussied up",thread fall!NEXT!

Old 11-22-2017, 12:46 PM

9,890 posts, read 5,736,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I'll admit I laughed out loud at the laying out of towels? Who lays out towels?

Originally Posted by Chance and Change
They may not always say of the many things they appreciates, but believe it, they notice, that the towels are laid out nealty,
That reminded me of an old movie with Julia Roberts as an abused wife who faked her death. She had to make sure the towels lined up perfectly or she might get a beating.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:12 PM

14,289 posts, read 7,424,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You used the words "gussied up",thread fall!NEXT!
Post #128 proclaims thread fail I declare, post fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies