Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:41 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, but don't be offended you were offered the two other pies.
I agree. I have never been offended at an innocent proposal. Not even some indecent ones.
There is a difference though in the approach and well everything. In my younger years I have been approached, offered pie, by gentlemen whom I have declined gracefully and I have been approached and offered pie by quite the opposite in which case I almost felt violated. Sometimes I think you gentlemen dont really know that difference because you have never experienced that creepy pie.
Nevertheless it should not matter what I am wearing. shorts or a low cut top or being gussied up is not an open for business sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 01:45 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree. I have never been offended at an innocent proposal. Not even some indecent ones.
There is a difference though in the approach and well everything. In my younger years I have been approached, offered pie, by gentlemen whom I have declined gracefully and I have been approached and offered pie by quite the opposite in which case I almost felt violated. Sometimes I think you gentlemen dont really know that difference because you have never experienced that creepy pie.
Nevertheless it should not matter what I am wearing. shorts or a low cut top or being gussied up is not an open for business sign.
I’ve experienced plenty of creepy pie. Unfortunately I usually try a slice.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:46 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
I think a course in evolutionary biology should be mandatory coursework in high school.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 PM

78,411 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Sometimes I think you gentlemen dont really know that difference because you have never experienced that creepy pie.
Oh, I've experienced creepy pie during my dating years....many of my friends have too.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:02 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do women objectify themselves when they wear short skirts, high heels, tight blouses etc? Not that I mind. I thoroughly enjoy them. Don’t attack me, I’m not excusing harassment. Just an opinion question. Looking nice is one thing, but putting out the sexy vibes seems practically unfair. #justwalkaway.
There's a huge continuum of motives culture and behavior behind how men and women interact.

I think we should step back and view how we get along while respecting each other going forward.

There should be nothing wrong with men and women getting themselves fixed up for whatever intended purpose. Take the workplace for example. I have grown up watching women and men go to great lengths to look nice around their employees, or when they go out on a date, etc.

A whole subforum is dedicated to many topic spurring from this.

There are guidelines specific to the treatment of people in the workplace. You've got the severe threat, a one-time heinous act, which can get a person fired on the spot or severely reprimanded. Or you've got the pervasive act, things that are repeated over and over.

Either one of these things are harmful acts done for many different reasons. They should neither be perpetrated nor tolerated and we should all stand guard and defeat these acts, innuendos and attitudes just as we would safety issues.

I may be wrong in this thinking, but I am of the belief that women decide. Women decide who they're going to be attracted to, who they're going to befriend, who they are going to socialize with, even who they are going to flirt with.

Men, we don't decide much. We need to find whom we attract to ourselves. When I'm trying to project an attitude or personality, I usually only attract people to me, men or women alike, people of common interest, people who want something from me, etc. When I am just being myself and hanging out observing, not projecting anything, very quietly, someone of a common interest comes up to me for conversation.

I used to see myself in situations where people are around interacting and conversing, and I'm standing there looking at them, wondering what they are saying, wondering how they do that, what will I talk about if someone approaches, with fear, as if having to give a speech amongst a crowd or something. Then in time, I've learned that fear goes away once I just get out of my head and put the focus on them. Let them tell me what's on their mind. What do they want to talk about.

I think we have a number of, in my own beliefs, God-given instincts, and our problems with our fellows arise when we step on the toes of others. Self Esteem is the I Am of instincts... Such as I am a father, I am a husband, a son, etc. Security, I need. I need a roof over my head, family friends etc. Ambition, I want. I want to be CEO, the boss, a pHD, a three car garage, a successful family, a place in the Hamptons etc. Personal and sex relations, men should behave like this... Women should behave like this... Then there's pocketbook. What is money?

We take care of our own basic instincts without harming others, then there will be no problems.

Men becoming situated in a position of, then abusing that power is wrong and harmful. There are methods to prevent and fix this. It takes work. People need to make decisions to prevent themselves from getting harmed by others. This takes work too, it takes confrontation of fears, all kinds of struggles.

People have different ways of navigating through life with respect to dealing with their fellows. Some people have the support of their community, family, friends, etc. Some people have been horribly abused by family, so on and so forth.

Last time I went to the doctor, I was asked many questions about my health, physically mentally etc. The questions are being asked more, Do you feel safe at home?

The question could be asked, do you feel safe at work? In your neighborhood? Etc.

We need to take care of this. This is not a place to joke around. Thank God (or whatever) we have the freedoms we do.

Go out there and demand respect for yourself if you feel you don't have it. Accept no less. The weak and sick and fearful prey on others. They should be exposed, reprimanded, and encouraged to amend their behavior.

If people harmed each other and themselves less, there would be less drug addiction, violence, depression, etc.

Quote:
That's pretty funny. Whip cream solves a lot of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Even if this is true, what most called "flirting", what is wrong with a women choosing who she speaks to and be touched by?
Or is just that men, as a whole, are so weak that they cannot be expected keep their hands in their pockets and their mouths shut? Trust me, if a women wants attention from you it will be obvious. If not, move on.
This whole thread seems to be a lame attempt to somehow make sexual harassment partly our fault. Its not. Even those "ladies" who walk around Times Square topless do not deserve to be touched by perverts.
I think there's a fine line between joking around and actual humor.

Most of us hopefully grasp the concept of right and wrong.

Humor goes a long way to break the ice between people, but motive is more instinctual and will eventually reveal itself. People eventually show their cards, which gets back to our instincts and whether we're going to be selfish and self seeking or kind and self sacrificing, etc.

When we're at work, we should be motivated to get work done. We sometimes forget that, imo.

Quote:
Pardon me. What are the kids calling it today, pimped out?

Threats? How do you feel about the foxes at fox? Heard some lefties here call them a few choice words.
I just call them hoties because, damn. Even my wife, MrsGowdog says, Ok, do you want me to leave the room now? Do you want to be left alone with your Outnumbered Fox Girls? Blush... No, could you get me a spot on the couch though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
don't know, I havent' been a kid in decades
Well imo, we're never too old to have a healthy childhood.

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that there's no bad pie. If you don't feel good about your own pie, someone out there might be salivating over that pie. Happy Thanksgiving btw!

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-21-2017 at 03:07 PM..

Old 11-21-2017, 02:05 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Oh bs, men get offended too. They complain either directly by laughing, barking, mooing or passive aggressively by dirty looks, eye rolling, snickering to their friends. Some men will not have any social contact with women who are not attractive to them, or they are rude and cold to them.

As women age they notice average men giving them the cold shoulder and basically being annoyed by their presence. So sorry we didn't die young and must go through normal aging - and you just take a look in the mirror, old man.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:13 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, I've experienced creepy pie during my dating years....many of my friends have too.
Then I expect you know the difference in how pie is perceived and why there would be different reactions.
Quote:
Perhaps not.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Humorous post of the week.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:27 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
So.
If Im offered pumpkin pie, apple pie and cherry pie and I only like cherry pie am I obligated to eat the pumpkin and apple pie too just because it was offered to me?
It is Thanksgiving time so everyone has to have a little pumpkin pie.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:34 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Would you say that Beyoncé is talented?

Then why does she hump around in her underwear on stage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies