U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 07:24 PM

10,504 posts, read 4,379,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
M

Why did all those women only show up a month before an election?
They did not come out. The reporters started hearing stories locally known. The reporters tracked down the original woman (Republicans, I believe) and the rest came out. Moore was a powerful man at the local level and the woman were all afraid. Locals knew he had a thing about going after young girls and they let it be known.

Moore is a pedophile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 07:29 PM

15,301 posts, read 5,143,229 times
Everyone is Innocent till proven guilty in a court of Law and a jury of their peers.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:31 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,048,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm talking about believing allegations of sexual assault. Trump pretty much admits it, and people pretty much ignore it. And we have to ask why women are hesitant to come out with their stories? Even when a man admits to doing these types of things, he still gets elected president of the U.S. And that is my point.
Trump admitted, if he was even admitting rather than just engaging in locker room bragging, that women let him do what he bragged about. That is totally different than assaulting someone.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 PM

8,665 posts, read 2,704,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Trump admitted, if he was even admitting rather than just engaging in locker room bragging, that women let him do what he bragged about. That is totally different than assaulting someone.
"Yeah, thatís her, with the gold. Iíve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know Iím automatically attracted to beautiful ó I just start kissing them. Itís like a magnet. I just kiss. I donít even wait. And when youíre a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

So just grabbing and kissing without even waiting for their approval is not assault? I must have the wrong dictionary. I'm still shaking my head that people elected such a vile human being as president. Sorry, no, he doesn't get a pass and neither do others who act this way.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:47 PM

6,432 posts, read 3,048,388 times
Quote:
"Yeah, thatís her, with the gold. Iíve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know Iím automatically attracted to beautiful ó I just start kissing them. Itís like a magnet. I just kiss. I donít even wait. And when youíre a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

So just grabbing and kissing without even waiting for their approval is not assault? I must have the wrong dictionary. I'm still shaking my head that people elected such a vile human being as president. Sorry, no, he doesn't get a pass and neither do others who act this way.
Sorry, if they let you do it, its not assault. How is it assault if you let someone do something?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:49 PM

10,799 posts, read 2,674,897 times
When a woman says, 'He looked at me and made me feel uncomfortable,' that is very different from 'He dropped his pants and jerked off into granny's geranium.'

Old 11-21-2017, 10:12 PM

26,608 posts, read 11,147,070 times
Quote:
Murder cases are successfully tried on circumstantial evidence and credibility of witnesses. Surely we do not need a higher standard for sexual harassment or assault.
He said, she said isn't circumstantial.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:20 PM

452 posts, read 187,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
So no, there should be no limit and yes they should be taken seriously.
I believe there should be no limit on false paternity cases, which are rarely treated seriously unless it helps rule in favor of the woman.

How on earth can an unwelcome gesture from twenty years ago still be traumatizing to someone but if you produce proof of a false paternity case which results in financial hardship, legal trouble, and family drama, not to mention mess up a child's life, but it's "beyond the statute of limitations," the man is screwed?

Old 11-21-2017, 10:27 PM

452 posts, read 187,185 times
Quote:
Actually, I believe that a man's attractiveness determines whether or not he gets a pass.

Have Fred Armisen and Tom Brady make the same sexual advances in the workplace and see if they're treated the same.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:36 PM

20,586 posts, read 8,767,298 times
Quote:
How do we know the women Trump bragged about let him do this to them. And why would his disgusting behavior even be locker room talk. My husband would never have a conversation like this because he respects women, unlike Trump. Does you spouse talk like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies