U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 04:51 AM

4,997 posts, read 13,546,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
should allegations that are made about incidents that allegedly took place DECADES ago have any effect on the person today? When nothing legally can be done about it?

I am not sure. Especially when it gives an opportunity to blackmailers and extortionists

If there is change to be made, it is encouraging women to report and press charges right away. Not decades later. This ensures the person will actually be punished and won't be able to do it to anyone else

I dont think they should be allowed. Fhey are bfougjy out to dedtry the politican. But if a. Current case comes out in public, thrn maybe past casea csn come out for support.

Have you sll throught of thee fact tzt there are women that harass men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 08:29 AM

23,828 posts, read 10,016,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
No excuses-just ONE reason: Electoral College

Imagine if things were reversed, and THe Great Pumpkin won the popular vote (yeah I know, americans are smarter than that-hopefully) and lost the Presidency due to the EC. The whining, excuses, and clamoring for removal of the EC would be unlike anything the world has ever seen
I doubt it would be louder and more obnoxious than the crybaby hillary supporters. You lost. Get over it.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:50 AM

4,387 posts, read 2,433,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
should allegations that are made about incidents that allegedly took place DECADES ago have any effect on the person today? When nothing legally can be done about it?

I am not sure. Especially when it gives an opportunity to blackmailers and extortionists

If there is change to be made, it is encouraging women to report and press charges right away. Not decades later. This ensures the person will actually be punished and won't be able to do it to anyone else
Accusations of racism were wearing thin, so they had to find something to shriek and lie about.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 AM

6,421 posts, read 2,263,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
"Yeah, that’s her, with the gold. I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

So just grabbing and kissing without even waiting for their approval is not assault? I must have the wrong dictionary. I'm still shaking my head that people elected such a vile human being as president. Sorry, no, he doesn't get a pass and neither do others who act this way.
I assume you're old enough to have kissed someone and touched their genitals....

How many times have you asked permission before doing so as opposed to permission being implied in a non verbal manner?

Trump said they "let him"....and if someone "lets you" kiss them or grab their crotch....

That's consent.

The motivation behind the consent is irrelevant.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:17 AM

6,421 posts, read 2,263,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Just so. It has risen to hysteria. An example is a local legislator who is a member of the minority party, but with a lot of seniority. A female legislator from the majority party complained that he "made her feel uncomfortable." Another complained that he kissed her hand. He has been removed from all his committee assignments and a full scale ethics investigation has been started. You have to be kidding me.

The pushback to that level of behavior is going to be tough. Men are getting the message that you don't want to have women around and you don't want to work with them. Little Sweet Petunia is rolling back decades of professional progress for women.
One of the problems on the harassment end of the scale, is that guilt or innocence is not defined by the words or actions of the accused but rather by the "victims" feelings about those words or actions.

Can't think of very many crimes that are defined by the same standards.

But Liberals apparently won't be happy unil we are all wearing head to toe body condoms and filling out mandatory physical attraction consent forms before initiating any type of physical or verbal male/female social interactions.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:57 AM

2,453 posts, read 635,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
If you act the ass there is no time limit on when someone might call you out on it. Unless of course you just want to sweep away the bad stuff because it's old.
f
People stay quiet for a ton of reasons. Careers, the fact that about half the people will hate you because you told and it is inconvenient to their agenda, it's embarrassing, every little thing you did will get dredged up to discredit you etc..

These accusers aren't riding these accusations to riches most of the time. While very few see a payout most get nothing but misery for telling.

So no, there should be no limit and yes they should be taken seriously.
Biggest reason right there. I have been through this myself. A long time ago, there was this very likable co-worker who was good looking, sweet and always willing to help others out. But in the end, his values were only on the surface, because behind that nice smile and caring attitude, lurked a narcissistic monster. Well, he was wise on the company he kept, he just so happened to be related to several managers and other co-workers throughout the company, as well as good friends with other managers, and was good friends with lawyers and other professionals, but behind the scenes, he would try to lure very young women from the work force out to get them drunk, then apparently he and his buddies would have their way with her when she was passed out. One evening, a young 18 year old girl was crying in her car in the parking lot, and she told me how the guy said he would take her out on a date the night before. She got all ready, and he never showed up. He then texts her about 1:30 in the morning to come meet him at a nearby bar, and she told him she was only 18 and don't drink, and that it was way past her bedtime. She shown me his texts how he was sorry, that he was busy, and that he would just buy her a soda. She was reluctant, but went out. She told me how he goes to buy her a soda, and as she was drinking it, she could taste something funny about it. She told him and said she was going to get her own drink, and that was when his friends came out of nowhere and began to surround her, get loud, saying she was being disrespectful because she was rejecting his drink. She got up and tried to leave, but one of the friends pushed her back down in the chair. She tells me she silently called 911 on her phone all the while they were harassing her. She finally sees a cop car pull up and a cop come in, and she was horrified to find out he knew them, and was good friends. He then goes on to tell her it won't look good on a police report, a single under age girl, in a bar at 1:30 in the morning with a group of guys. Might look like she is just a prostitute. He then tells her straight to her face "are you seeing the big picture here darling? Go home and sleep it off" She did go home, scared, and the next morning she comes in for work, and the same guy had gone to management (who he just so happens to be related to by marriage from one of his cousins) and told some story how she tried to get him in trouble by getting him to buy her beer, and so she was fired for being dishonest on the spot, and it's why I saw her in the parking lot crying when I came into work.

As she was telling me this story, I at first was in disbelief, because he did always seem to be a great guy. But then I remember hearing some story about how at a party of a co-worker, her daughter who was 15 said that while everyone was partying down stairs, he pretended to be upstairs looking for the bathroom when he came into her 15 year old daughter's room who was playing video games and tried to put moves on her. When the accusations came to surface, he gave some story that she just liked him and was pursuing him and that when he rejected her because of her age, she retaliated by telling lies about him. So, I decided to go to the bar with a friend to confront him about this, and the situation got ugly real quick. He got up violently and pushed me down so hard in the parking lot that to this day I still have pain in my hip on cold mornings from the bruise. The next morning I went to the cops to press charges, and his lawyer buddy was already there, and the cop that apparently was harassing the one girl. The lawyer goes on to say that his client says I put my hands on him and that he pushed me away to get me off. When I asked my friend to come forward as a witness, she tells me she was on the phone at the time and didn't see what went down, even though she herself seen how his friends were gaining up on us. I asked her later on why the hell she didn't back me up, and she says that this guy's family is her boss, and she needs the job. A week later, at work, I get called into the office, and apparently I am being accused of buying beer for a minor on the job. They say they have it on video, and even though I asked to see this video, they said it's against company policy. Because of this, my employment was terminated, and then the rumors go flying that I am some crazy person that can't be trusted. So most of my friends I had in that work place turned on me, the kid I was accused of buying the beer was also fired, and any friends I had left were also terminated for one thing or another. To this day, the same guy is doing the same thing, and anyone who comes forward is either threatened by the lawyer and his police buddy, or by his family who are managers in the company. And this is why these men are allowed to get away with this crap to this day. To this day, I still get very angry he was able to get away with this, but what can I do when someone is so good at manipulating the system and situation in their favor?

Old 11-26-2017, 12:18 PM

416 posts, read 162,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Biggest reason right there. I have been through this myself. A long time ago, there was this very likable co-worker who was good looking, sweet and always willing to help others out. But in the end, his values were only on the surface, because behind that nice smile and caring attitude, lurked a narcissistic monster.
THAT is how he was able to charm and con women. Men can see through that. If those men try and warn a woman, they are called "creepy" and "jealous."

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And this is why these men are allowed to get away with this crap to this day. To this day, I still get very angry he was able to get away with this, but what can I do when someone is so good at manipulating the system and situation in their favor?
THAT is what the hundreds of thousands of screwed-over soon-to-be-ex-husbands ask themselves every day in divorce court.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM

8,444 posts, read 2,545,114 times
As much as I dislike Franken I would literally fight for him not to resign if he claimed to be innocent and if there was no proof (but there was the photo)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies