Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 04:42 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times

Advertisements

Seriously, where does Trump find these comic book villains like Ajit Pai and Alex Azar to run our country? According to Trump about Azar: "He will be a star for better health care and lower drug prices!"
Even though under Azar's watch Lilly only made more money by increasing drug prices in 2015. He boosted revenue by tripling the price of insulin, a drug that has been off patent for decades.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...y-trump-244837
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 05:03 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Shkreli without the smirk, raising prices for profit at the expense of lives, and allegedly colluding with other manufacturers.

Drain the swamp, indeed.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:04 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Drain the swamp! *

*To refill the swamp with my own Trumpian creatures.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:15 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Here’s some wisdom to the Leftist posters before me: because people are loyal to their current job. These appointees were in private industry before so obviously their job was to help their companies but now they are working for the government and their job goal has changed and they will be working to help the government.

I know you liberal Leftists believe every propaganda that fakenews such as politic.com disseminates and are slaves to identity politics but people are not forever tainted by their previous positions. You should judge Azar for the job he will be doing as the HHS secretary and not prejudge him with your prejudices (I thought the Left was against prejudice but yet they prejudge people all the time.)

Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
It's the fox guarding the hen house.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:31 AM

192 posts, read 131,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Here’s some wisdom to the Leftist posters before me: because people are loyal to their current job. These appointees were in private industry before so obviously their job was to help their companies but now they are working for the government and their job goal has changed and they will be working to help the government.

I know you liberal Leftists believe every propaganda that fakenews such as politic.com disseminates and are slaves to identity politics but people are not forever tainted by their previous positions. You should judge Azar for the job he will be doing as the HHS secretary and not prejudge him with your prejudices (I thought the Left was against prejudice but yet they prejudge people all the time.)
You absolutely judge people for what they did in the past as a predictor for what they will do in the future. You don't go into a job interview with a blank resume. This post is just asinine.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:36 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Seriously, where does Trump find these comic book villains like Ajit Pai and Alex Azar to run our country? According to Trump about Azar: "He will be a star for better health care and lower drug prices!"
Even though under Azar's watch Lilly only made more money by increasing drug prices in 2015. He boosted revenue by tripling the price of insulin, a drug that has been off patent for decades.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...y-trump-244837

I will note that the drug companies keep their expiring patents on various insulin's by tweaking the insulin. Once the 'new and improved' version is approved, they stop selling the old version.

Walmart sells, at $24.50 per vial, Novolin insulin, which is an old insulin. If Walmart stopped selling it, lots of poor people would be in trouble.

I am no longer surprised at the poor candidates selected by Mr. Trump. The old saw "the fox guarding the henhouse' has come back into vogue.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
You absolutely judge people for what they did in the past as a predictor for what they will do in the future. You don't go into a job interview with a blank resume. This post is just asinine.
Yes but only to the extent of how well he did his job. Before calling something asinine, maybe you should re-examine your biases.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM

192 posts, read 131,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Yes but only to the extent of how well he did his job. Before calling something asinine, maybe you should re-examine your biases.
Says the person using buzzwords like "Liberal Leftists" as an adjective to anyone who calls this what it is: a terrible hire. You honestly think this individual will have the people's best interests in mind?

Old 11-22-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will note that the drug companies keep their expiring patents on various insulin's by tweaking the insulin. Once the 'new and improved' version is approved, they stop selling the old version.

Walmart sells, at $24.50 per vial, Novolin insulin, which is an old insulin. If Walmart stopped selling it, lots of poor people would be in trouble.

I am no longer surprised at the poor candidates selected by Mr. Trump. The old saw "the fox guarding the henhouse' has come back into vogue.
So you’d rather have a hen guarding the henhouse instead because in your Leftist identity politics mindset, only people of similar race, gender, religion, etc. can work for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies