U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 10:38 AM

1,004 posts, read 280,124 times

Advertisements

Trump will give my family plenty of laughs this thanksgiving. We will be gaffaw-ing at everything hes done and represents.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:43 AM

13,805 posts, read 4,089,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Trump will give my family plenty of laughs this thanksgiving. We will be gaffaw-ing at everything hes done and represents.
Back in the 60's my Grandmother made a rule and it's been that way ever since,"no political talk when the family is together"!!!Started becuase of arguments over Vietnam wrecking Christmas ,Thanksgiving and such so it has never been changed and it works!

Old 11-22-2017, 10:48 AM

6,838 posts, read 2,547,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I am thankful that your family has this opportunity to guffaw at President Trump's antics because it means that Hillary is not president.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 AM

23,917 posts, read 17,588,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yet you made a thread about it anyway.
I had no idea that the criteria for thread creation was a state of upset.
when did that start?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:55 AM

33,076 posts, read 26,889,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
GQ says that if you are going to Thanksgiving dinner at someone's home that voted for Trump, including family, it's your duty to ruin Thanksgiving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....anksgiving/amp

Truely deranged.
It's not meant to be literal.

That said, if you cannot show up at Thanksgiving and get along, might as well stay home.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:02 AM

9,905 posts, read 12,980,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Anybody here going to be sharing Thanksgiving with family / friends in this position; half the family Trump supporters, the other half not?
If so, how are you going to handle it?
If I'm hosting, I have a "no politics" precursor.

If I'm not hosting, I'll leave the room. Not worth it with people in my family, particular angry old Trump supporters who fit the bill of the deluded people on this site who think he is a savior as opposed to a narcissistic embarrassment. There were non-Trump supporting Republicans involved last year as well and they also just sat and tried to move the subject. They understand it's not about policy, it's about a deranged personality.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 AM

6,704 posts, read 4,169,999 times
I wouldn't even go in the first place. I don't associate with crack addicts, child molesters, or Trumpheads.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:24 AM

2,278 posts, read 706,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Anybody here going to be sharing Thanksgiving with family / friends in this position; half the family Trump supporters, the other half not?
If so, how are you going to handle it?
I don't know about half, but quite a few people in my family are Trump cultists. The basic rule is that anyone Trumper or not that brings up politics will be asked to leave with no exceptions. The other idea that was floated was for the Trumpers to have their own "kids" table setup in the backyard so we could quarantine the disease. One day without the partisan BS is not too much to ask. IMO, it is the Trumpers that can't keep their mouths shut, I fully expect some idiot to show up wearing a MAGA hat just to make people angry. That is just how Trumpers roll.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 AM

14,382 posts, read 7,483,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
GQ says that if you are going to Thanksgiving dinner at someone's home that voted for Trump, including family, it's your duty to ruin Thanksgiving.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....anksgiving/amp

Truely deranged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Derangement never takes a holiday
It certainly doesn't seem to lately, and certainly not in this place.

Hey, if the left feel it is their duty to ruin the holidays for those, even family members, that hold a different opinion than theirs... head on!

It's only making them look even more moronic than they already do.

If someone tried to ruin my holidays over politics... "no soup for you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I don't know about half, but quite a few people in my family are Trump cultists. The basic rule is that anyone Trumper or not that brings up politics will be asked to leave with no exceptions. The other idea that was floated was for the Trumpers to have their own "kids" table setup in the backyard so we could quarantine the disease. One day without the partisan BS is not too much to ask. IMO, it is the Trumpers that can't keep their mouths shut, I fully expect some idiot to show up wearing a MAGA hat just to make people angry. That is just how Trumpers roll.
Nothing like saying "anyone who brings up politics will be asked to leave" while belittling and humilating them and actually discussing how to do so.

Yours has to be one of the most hypocritical posts I've read in awhile.

GREAT JOB!

Last edited by steven_h; 11-22-2017 at 11:37 AM..

Old 11-22-2017, 11:35 AM

1,300 posts, read 424,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, before the blue-eyed devils showed up, native Americans had a very long history of brutal tribal wars that included mass slaughter and the taking of slaves.

So White supremacists were superior murderers to extinguish them all and so stop their internal fights... quite eloquent logic of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Native American-European alliances were common, but they didn't always work out as hoped, and when the dust settled, European victors removed everyone not on the winning team.

Weird explanation, Native descendants will recover their land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies