U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 11:23 AM

15,148 posts, read 15,198,298 times

Advertisements

D-support is not that far out of the curve for African-Americans, compared to other minorities >>>> Asians = 80+%, Hispanics = 80+%, Middle Eastern = 80+%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 11:28 AM

1,651 posts, read 630,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Funny how you guys talk about personal responsibility and bootstrap mentality but blame the problems of Blacks on the government

Which one is it cuz you can't have it both ways
It's both.

Lazy disrespectful culture bolstered by entitlements and no accountability via the government.
I know because I'm mixed race, and I've seen it first hand my entire life.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:31 AM

8,520 posts, read 4,738,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Until the GOP stops embracing White supremacists, this will never change.

Actions have consequences.
I agree with you 100%. When the GOP is openly hostile to black folks and their interests, this is what we get...

Old 11-23-2017, 11:33 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,272,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
D-support is not that far out of the curve for African-Americans, compared to other minorities >>>> Asians = 80+%, Hispanics = 80+%, Middle Eastern = 80+%.
This is true. Of course black support for the Dems is 90+%. The next most similar is among Hispanics, in terms of scope/percentage of population. Still, there are states and areas where Hispanic support for the Democrat party is closer to 60% if not less. I'm thinking Texas and Florida, where it is not unheard of for GOP statewide office holders to win 40+% of the Hispanic vote. And there are far more Hispanic GOP state and federal office holders than there are black GOP state and federal office holders.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:36 AM

8,520 posts, read 4,738,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Most blacks are easily manipulated by the the Left and the liberal mainstream media that routinely uses racism as a weapon against conservative Republicans. Racism is a very touchy subject in the black community so they will fall for the Left’s tactics each time.
^^^ And this is probably coming from someone who doesn't associate with black folks outside of the occasional back and forth online.. It's funny how these types suddenly become experts on black folks when posting on the internet... Black folks will continue to vote our interests and that's all you need to know...

Old 11-23-2017, 11:38 AM

19,357 posts, read 13,010,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I expected that response, but it's disingenuous and shows ignorance of history and the reality on the ground. In reality, blacks were overwhelmingly voting Dem ever since the New Deal. This includes when the Dem party openly embraced segregation and Jim Crow, and all of the violence that came with that.
Black folks always voted Republican until the Republican party embraced segregation and Jim Crow and all the violence that came with them.

Lincoln was once the person who represented his party to the black man. All that changed forever when Republicans began wearing white hoods.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Haitians are not US citizens.

The African American community has no more of a responsibility to look after them than you or I do. Put another way, you should care as much for the plight of refugees as anyone else. It is not 'their' problem because of the color of their skin, it is everyone's problem, if we indeed are our brother's keeper.

As far as the contention that the near unanimous support for the Democratic party is a bad thing, consider this: The African American community gave exclusive and unwavering support to the Republican party for more than sixty years, in fact they were in many case the only significant support the party had in some states. The Republican party did nothing for them.

It still does nothing for them, nor any other group of working class/consumers. The Republican party's exclusive true mandate is as an advocate group for the big donor class, and it's only concern with regard to working class and poor of any background is in how to hornswoggle them into supporting the anti-people Republican agenda.
"DREAMERS" are not citizens either. Yet, they have powerful allies in congress, which means more of course if there is actual dem control of the federal government. Still, the same rationale applies.

The GOP did nothing for them? In what sense? Please provide something to support your claims, which are false. A civil rights act was passed (though racist democrats prevented that 1800s legislation from having any teeth). The vote was granted (at least for men), though racist Democrats prevented blacks from exercising the vote. An equal protection clause and birth right citizenship clause were passed. Slavery abolished. Etc. True, racist southern Democrat efforts to filibuster further efforts to help blacks prevented much significant progress later on, but your blame is misplaced. In any event, it's still puzzling to me that blacks embraced a party that was openly supportive of racism, segregation, and Jim Cow when they wholesale embraced the Dem Party after the New Deal.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Black folks always voted Republican until the Republican party embraced segregation and Jim Crow and all the violence that came with them.

Lincoln was once the person who represented his party to the black man. All that changed forever when Republicans began wearing white hoods.
This is ignorance at its finest. Blacks wholesale embraced the Dem Party immediately following the New Deal, when racist, southern white Democrats still had a hold on that party. Stop arguing with fact.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Since the 2010 earthquake, Haitians with TPS did have people in high places looking out for them - a Democratic administration. Now there is a Republican administration that wants to kick them out. Seems pretty simple.

Nationally, Republicans can do more to recruit black voters. They choose not to.
It is simple. And, hence, the purpose of my thread. The Hatians' biggest congressional backers were in the Congressional Black Causus, which lobbied big time the Obama administration on behalf of the Hatians. But the CBC is OVERWHELMING Democrat (I think Mia Love of Utah is the only non democrat member...I don't think Tim Scott ever formally joined) and their influence with a GOP administration is not as great. So long as Democrats control government, then there is no problem. But, given that one party rule is far from a sure thing, it would make sense to put your eggs into more than one basket, politically speaking. And, as I mentioned previously, blacks share more than a few policy positions with the GOP generally speaking.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:40 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Calling Black people "easily manipulated", as to say that Blacks are stupid, is not going to get Blacks to vote Republican. If anything, it will only cause more anger and resentment. Why does anyone care who Blacks vote for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or