U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM
 
Location: USA
4,675 posts, read 4,011,949 times
Reputation: 2764

Advertisements

It's part of how the far-right thinks the government is bad and corrupt and ought to be resisted with guns blazing if things get any worse, BUT if the government tells a black man to get on his knees and prepare to be arrested he should obey them and if he gets killed he deserves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2017, 10:32 AM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's part of how the far-right thinks the government is bad and corrupt and ought to be resisted with guns blazing if things get any worse, BUT if the government tells a black man to get on his knees and prepare to be arrested he should obey them and if he gets killed he deserves it.
Neither side understands the other. I supported the original Tea Party and Occupy. I support both BLM and Bundy.

It's too bad they all do not understand they have the same problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 10:45 AM
 
5,773 posts, read 2,061,544 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Many people know the source of hate America is a result of liberal educators indoctrinating young people who are susceptible to influence when held captive in schools mandated by law until the eight or ninth grade or until a certain age. The result often carries over into higher education as we have been seeing. Higher education by liberal hate America instructors and professors is the norm. When or if that is ever addressed and diversity of thought is introduced and equal then real change will lead to a better outcome.
If you actually believe what you posted, you were probably too stupid to succeed in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:04 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 6,946,440 times
Reputation: 7447
So the usual cast of characters is calling anyone who disagrees with them racist AND stupid. It never gets old for the left, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:11 AM
 
613 posts, read 243,730 times
Reputation: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what if his father went on tv. Why is our president so insecure that he feels it's necessary to attack people. Why does he insist on getting accolades and praise instead of being humble.
This.

For the same reason he melts like a snowflake and throws a tantrum like a spoiled brat every time he is criticized - he is so fragile it hurts.

His ego is always first, every action he always looks only from how it will make him look like. Always looks into ratings. Whines about media criticism all the time.

What a time to be alive. That alone makes him unfit to be a POTUS. He doesnt have interest of the US in the first place, but his own ego.

You really got to be either hateful or dumb to not see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:26 AM
 
Location: NC
4,234 posts, read 1,462,139 times
Reputation: 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
This.

For the same reason he melts like a snowflake and throws a tantrum like a spoiled brat every time he is criticized - he is so fragile it hurts.

His ego is always first, every action he always looks only from how it will make him look like. Always looks into ratings. Whines about media criticism all the time.

What a time to be alive. That alone makes him unfit to be a POTUS. He doesnt have interest of the US in the first place, but his own ego.

You really got to be either hateful or dumb to not see that.

your opinion only as irrevelent as it may be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:27 AM
 
Location: NC
4,234 posts, read 1,462,139 times
Reputation: 1935
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So the usual cast of characters is calling anyone who disagrees with them racist AND stupid. It never gets old for the left, does it?


everyone is racist according to the left or is it only white people that can be racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:37 AM
 
613 posts, read 243,730 times
Reputation: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
everyone is racist according to the left or is it only white people that can be racist?
Oh yeah - please mention names of white sports players that trump attacked during last week/months.

I am listening.

On one hand, he attacked: Seth Curry, Marshawn Lynch, Kaepernick, LaVar, his son who already thanked him for help. Then:

When the NFL star Tom Brady, a white player, skipped his championship team’s White House visit, the president was silent. When Warriors star Stephen Curry, a black man, announced his intention to do the same, the president called him out on Twitter and rescinded the team’s invitation.Trump’s instant criticism of Curry and black NFL players stands in stark contrast to his hesitation to condemn white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Steve Kerr was much more adamant in attacking Trump and saying he won't visit. Gregg Popovich called Trump a soulless coward.

Number of tweets from Trump on them or white players kneeling/supporting the protest? You guessed it - ZERO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 11:40 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,233 posts, read 15,024,326 times
Reputation: 20847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Oh yeah - please mention names of white sports players that trump attacked during last week/months.

I am listening.

On one hand, he attacked: Seth Curry, Marshawn Lynch, Kaepernick, LaVar, his son who already thanked him for help. Then:

When the NFL star Tom Brady, a white player, skipped his championship teamís White House visit, the president was silent. When Warriors star Stephen Curry, a black man, announced his intention to do the same, the president called him out on Twitter and rescinded the teamís invitation.Trumpís instant criticism of Curry and black NFL players stands in stark contrast to his hesitation to condemn white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Steve Kerr was much more adamant in attacking Trump and saying he won't visit. Gregg Popovich called Trump a soulless coward.

number of tweets from Trump on it? You guessed it
Trump supporters are blind and deaf. They must be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2017, 12:05 PM
 
1,589 posts, read 767,504 times
Reputation: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who has the most responsibility to be the better person here?
Not sure. I'd say the President, but people usually disagree with me on how authority figures should be.

This whole presidency is bizarre though. How many other presidents have took the time to respond to regular level critics? Or rather how many regular folks have criticized the president and had the president actually say anything about the remarks? I've never seen it happen before like this. He reminds me of my father though. He likes to destroy anyone who doesn't do as he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top