U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 08:47 PM

4,274 posts, read 1,473,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You failed to address the pertinent facts brought up in the post. It appears you were triggered by the word 'racist". A word conservatives love to throw around themselves ~ but cry like a stuck pig if it's ever uttered in reference to one of their own.

rarely. racist is one of the first labels liberals try to put on anyone with a different opinion than their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 08:56 PM

6,918 posts, read 11,706,446 times
They are ungrateful. Trump wants to give them a chance at the American Dream. The liberal democrats want to keep them as slaves forever beholden to the welfare masters.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:20 PM

16,364 posts, read 6,107,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I guess one can see Chinese justice at work with Wendell Brown's case.

Wendell Brown, a former football player, went to China in 2015 to coach football and to teach English.

According to his mother, about 14 months ago he'd gone to a birthday party at a bar when a group of locals came in and asked him to join them for drinks. He declined the offer, the group got angry because he wouldn't drink with them and they started throwing bottles at him. He raised his arms to block the bottles and apparently the group claims that he hit one of them.
He has been in prison there ever since. The lawyer said that the family needs to pay $100k in US funds for him to be released.

"Faced with no American-style bail available, no discovery process about the evidence against him and a confusing array of laws that bear little resemblance to the United States, he’s spent the past 14 months in a Chinese jail."

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-foot...234329198.html

The mother has just come out with a plea to Trump for help.
I believe in the right of each nation to determine judicial issues solely on its own.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:07 AM

4,473 posts, read 1,739,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I'm a white European who came to the U.S few years ago and it amazes me how hateful rednecks are. They get offended by a black player peacefully kneeling to the anthem, but are ok with traitors collaborating with Russia (see the poll where 80% trump supporters say they are fine with collusion with Russia as long as trump stays in power).
Scary, huh? Did you think you landed on another planet or entered the Twilight Zone??

I recall back when I first began reading political remarks online, becoming aware of the existence of...and I have always lived in the U.S., just not around the segment of society who are like that, so I only see it online. And they have no clue, living in their little, limited-minded world. Before this election and the rallies, we had not experienced such negativity being stirred up, bringing that element out of the woodwork. It is so unbelievable and have seen so much trouble erupt since, that most are just focusing on it ending.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:59 AM

892 posts, read 552,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
We also had news reports of other Chinese experts saying jail was the norm.

In any event, I abhor meddling in other nations rights to administer justice as they see fit.

100% of the time.

It was NONE of our business. US citizens who are thieves should be treated like any other thieves.

This sets a bad precedent.
What sources would those be and by whom?
Nobody meddled in the case, which makes Trump a liar as he claims he got them released.
As stated by Hong Kong Law Profesor Fu Hualing, releasing these students was not out of the norm. Trump had nothing to do with it.
If tRump is so great, how come he didn't persuade the Chinese Government to release some political prisoners, such as Liu Xia, an artist, photographer and the widow of Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo. She is being held in unofficial custody away from family and friends, punished simply for being the wife of Liu.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:55 PM

613 posts, read 244,374 times
I am yet to read a response with merits to my previous post:

"Please mention names of white sports players that trump attacked during last week/months.

I am listening.

On one hand, he attacked: Seth Curry, Marshawn Lynch, Kaepernick, LaVar, his son who already thanked him for help. Then:

When the NFL star Tom Brady, a white player, skipped his championship team’s White House visit, the president was silent. When Warriors star Stephen Curry, a black man, announced his intention to do the same, the president called him out on Twitter and rescinded the team’s invitation.Trump’s instant criticism of Curry and black NFL players stands in stark contrast to his hesitation to condemn white supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Steve Kerr was much more adamant in attacking Trump and saying he won't visit. Gregg Popovich called Trump a soulless coward.

Number of tweets from Trump on them or white players kneeling/supporting the protest? You guessed it - ZERO"

Old 11-26-2017, 02:55 PM

23,943 posts, read 17,609,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The “colleges are indoctrinating young people to be liberals” is pure bull scat. Colleges teach students to think critically.
this has to be sarcasm.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 AM

421 posts, read 424,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
A lot of it has to do with where blacks would be if not for slavery. Given that Africa had never advanced past primitive stages, it is almost certain that but for white/African slave trade, all blacks would still be living in a primitive hunter-gatherer society (which is arguably better than today's complex world but that's not the point here), so it touches a nerve for many whites when blacks criticize this country. Even the lowliest black facing the harshest racism still has a higher quality of life than any black on the African continent and is of course leaps and bounds ahead of an 18th century African.

Not defending the "redneck" behavior, just trying to cut the PC BS and give a straight truth reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Wow so stupid and racist on so many levels. Do you teach your children this garbage?

I actually feel sorry for you.
If you're going to call a thread "stupid" you should at least offer some substance. For my part, I'll break the history down, once you research each of these then feel free to return with an educated reply.
1. what was the state of western africa at the time whites first landed there? was it less advanced then europe? How much less advanced?
2. what STEM advancements have been made in Africa, ever? Any nation-building?
3. what is the current state of africa? are its countries some of the most corrupt? lowly educated?
4. what is average IQ of US blacks? what is average IQ of africans?
5. what STEM advancements have been made by blacks in the US?

if you answer each of these questions honestly, then you will see my point above. Again, but for slavery, blacks would have a much lower quality of life than they have today.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:54 PM

1,614 posts, read 598,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Many people know the source of hate America is a result of liberal educators indoctrinating young people who are susceptible to influence when held captive in schools mandated by law until the eight or ninth grade or until a certain age. The result often carries over into higher education as we have been seeing. Higher education by liberal hate America instructors and professors is the norm. When or if that is ever addressed and diversity of thought is introduced and equal then real change will lead to a better outcome.
Liberal educators indoctrinating enslaved and impressionable students is to blame for our problems? Man, I was way out in left field!!! Just to think, for alllll of these years years I have been blaming Jim Crow and racists! I always thought the liberals were out there fighting social injustice and diviseness...and were responsible for virtually all of the major victories on that fronts! Now, alas, I know we were the problem. America would be an utopia without us. And here is what is really distressing....to tell you how misguided I was I never even knew how I felt and thought!!!! I never knew that as a liberal I and my my liberal friends hated America! I was actually under the delusion that I loved it! And so were my liberal friends! I thought many of my fellow liberals even fought and died for it, and crusaded here at home to make it better! This is extremely distressing! But I shouldn't dispair...there is a way out! What must be done is obvious. The only way to combat this bizarre combination of ignorance and illusion is obvious...I must love me some Infowars! And Fox and Breitbart! And ridicule anything that doesn't agree with them and call it fake news (I bet up in heaven George Orwell is wishing he had thought of that phrase!).

Old 11-27-2017, 03:10 PM

5,778 posts, read 2,068,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this has to be sarcasm.
Not at all.

Colleges challenge students to develop critical thinking skills. If they present conservative arguments without resorting to bogus documentation they’re not likely to be gigged by professors. If they resort to alternative facts they’ll have a problem. The most liberalizing factor in college is not so much indoctrination by liberal professors as it is being exposed to other points of view, particularly from other young people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies