U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,729 posts, read 10,601,226 times
Reputation: 3946

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Nixon was for civil rights, he won southern states in 1968 with more transplants, the Carolinas, Virgnia, Tenn and Florida. George Wallace won the deep south states with less transplants.
neither statement has anything to do with the fact that those people who moved south didnt vote republican.



Quote:
As the south became more middle class and educated and urban, it became less racist and less Democrat, and switched to majority GOP. That's a fact. The switch to GOP was all expedited by the emergence of new issues like abortion and gun control.
Urban areas in the South have become more Democratic, not less. Your argument makes no sense what so ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'The Waterfall City'
6,091 posts, read 3,201,164 times
Reputation: 2334
If Democrats believe most republicans are racist, why try to tie a GOP candidate in Alabama to the KKK? Wouldn't that help Moore?

I think that indicates you don't really believe most people in Alabama , even though it is majority GOP, are racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM
 
2,112 posts, read 677,349 times
Reputation: 1182
Ooops

Democrats support the 6th amendment of the Constitution

Quote:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...ixth_amendment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'The Waterfall City'
6,091 posts, read 3,201,164 times
Reputation: 2334
Do Democrats support the 6th amendment for Moore after these accusations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 09:58 PM
 
2,112 posts, read 677,349 times
Reputation: 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Do Democrats support the 6th amendment for Moore after these accusations?
Who has called for a court to convict him without a trial and represenatation??

Names
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'The Waterfall City'
6,091 posts, read 3,201,164 times
Reputation: 2334
People have asserted he is guilty despite no trial.

This is despite the two accusers who were underage or claim to have been underage at the time appearing to have major credibility problems.

In my view, he probably dated young women, probably mostly early 20s, because women got married at young age back then and he had been off in Vietnam and then Uni of Alabama getting his law degree. And isn't like a lot of single women his age were moving into Gadsden at that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Washington State
15,363 posts, read 8,031,052 times
Reputation: 13166
Now that Republicans are in charge, I guess they should use the intelligence services to spy on Jones to dig up more dirt...that's what Obama's team did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,729 posts, read 10,601,226 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
None of them was racist, or voted for racist legislation. That's not applicable to this discussion.

.
My argument was never that everyone who switched was racist, only that there were indeed people who switched and that some where racist.

your argument was that those "lost" dem voters and politicians all died. They clearly didnt.

Quote:
WHat is interesting about liberals is you never post the majority of Democrat racists that didn't switch. NEver talk about Robert Byrd, Al Gore Sr, William Fullbright and others. They have been shoved down the memory hole. It is quite Orwellian
That is not what the word "orwellian" means , LOL

But to talk about your post in and of itself ; You argued that those people who switched parties didnt actually do so and that they and people who voted for them all died, the discussion is about that fallacy, not who stayed or even who switched for that matter, but the simple fact that people did indeed switched and didnt just die as you claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 PM
 
2,112 posts, read 677,349 times
Reputation: 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
People have asserted he is guilty despite no trial.

This is despite the two accusers who were underage or claim to have been underage at the time appearing to have major credibility problems.
Asserting that someone is guilty is not the same as someone being sentenced without a trial or defense

There is the public court of opionion and an actual real court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'The Waterfall City'
6,091 posts, read 3,201,164 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My argument was never that everyone who switched was racist, only that there were indeed people who switched and that some where racist.

your argument was that those "lost" dem voters and politicians all died. They clearly didnt.



That is not what the word "orwellian" means , LOL

But to talk about your post in and of itself ; You argued that those people who switched parties didnt actually do so and that they and people who voted for them all died, the discussion is about that fallacy, not who stayed or even who switched for that matter, but the simple fact that people did indeed switched and didnt just die as you claimed.
Um, it is obvious many of the racists back then have died, and transplants have moved into the south.

It is also obvious that as middle class educated transplants moved to the south and the population grew, the south switched from Democrat to Republican. The Democrat natives became a smaller share of the electorate.

The majority of natives in the south today have grew up in schools with black kids. Integration has helped race relations. I contend that black-white relations are better in the south than anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top