U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:48 PM

33,299 posts, read 14,541,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
https://www.firerescue1.com/discrimi...ation-lawsuit/

Something like this has happened at my job before. Certain favorable jobs being handed to white employees without them being posted for everybody to have a legit fair shot at those jobs.
Do you care about ALL whites who were denied promotions or even from getting a job or accepted into college because of Affirmative Action which is 100% AGAINST the Equal rights law.

My guess is that YOU are colored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 12:54 PM

5,682 posts, read 1,712,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Most of the time it has to do with race... like what Harvard did to Asian Americans...
And whites. Whites are the ones Harvard really screws -- whites are underrepresented compared to their share of qualified applicants and compared to their share of the population.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:55 PM

33,299 posts, read 14,541,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Be honest. It's not that you don't have time, it's that you can't swerve off of your "All white people are racist and every time a black man doesn't get what they want it's due to racism" narrative even when shown prejudice goes both ways or that it's nepotism instead (which is rampant in govt jobs)

Many also fail to realize that by lowering testing and fitness standards to allow blacks or women to pass more easily is pandering in the highest degree AND blatantly telling everyone those people who the standards were lowered for are just naturally "less than" all others.

Were I in those groups I'd be insulted that some thing so little of me and my abilities...
"Many also fail to realize that by lowering testing and fitness standards to allow blacks or women to pass more easily is pandering"

The US Post Offfice gave a separate civil service exam to coloreds because they couldn't pass the normal exam and not enough were hired.

THEN they QUIT requiring the exam at all becuae too many colored STILL couldn't pass the new easier exam.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:36 PM

23,821 posts, read 10,006,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And whites. Whites are the ones Harvard really screws -- whites are underrepresented compared to their share of qualified applicants and compared to their share of the population.
I think it's Asians nowadays.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:37 PM

23,821 posts, read 10,006,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Many also fail to realize that by lowering testing and fitness standards to allow blacks or women to pass more easily is pandering"

The US Post Offfice gave a separate civil service exam to coloreds because they couldn't pass the normal exam and not enough were hired.

THEN they QUIT requiring the exam at all becuae too many colored STILL couldn't pass the new easier exam.
Colored lol sweet.

Anytime you lower standards, quality and effiency get worse. That's a basic economic premise. We saw that during the last economic collapse. Loan standars were lowered and we saw a big uptick in defaults.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:55 PM

13,295 posts, read 7,290,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Can we stop with the myth that standards are lowered for blacks, if anything it's the nepotism babies and the good ole boys that lower standards for themselves, seeing as how they wouldn't dare actually try to compete fairly with minorities. There's a reason these favorable jobs aren't listed but whispered from white person to white person. If whites are so much better than blacks and whites shouldn't need help, why all the covert job placement like what happened in the actual thread topic. Why not just fairly post the jobs so everyone can have a fair application process. See it's easy to just say these little white supremacist talking points about "lowered standards for blacks", knowing you will never have to prove that this exists. It probably makes you feel good believing no black person ever achieves anything with it being some kind of training wheels situation. Right?
WRONG. I have been told by two large corporations I worked for to give higher priority to minority, and women candidates for jobs. They get more points in applications for being minorities, and women, and those points actually offset skills, and experience of other candidates have, so we have to hire them, even if they are less qualified. It's called Affirmative Action, and it happens all the time, and it is LEGAL.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:32 PM

9,964 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
WRONG. I have been told by two large corporations I worked for to give higher priority to minority, and women candidates for jobs. They get more points in applications for being minorities, and women, and those points actually offset skills, and experience of other candidates have, so we have to hire them, even if they are less qualified. It's called Affirmative Action, and it happens all the time, and it is LEGAL.

Exactly! Standards were lowered and even done away with to give jobs and promotions to blacks who were less qualified over well qualified whites. Affirmative Action at your service.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:38 PM

8,093 posts, read 4,446,122 times
im white, but i work at an all white company. I get pass over all the time for promotion, and i got more experience than anybody. its racist Im telling you, just plain racist

Old 11-26-2017, 06:02 PM

2,027 posts, read 578,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Can you prove it? or are you just making up stuff about point? There is affirmative action and people of all races use it. It's cancels itself out. White women use it more than anybody. And like I said, in this story that I posted in the OP and I know it happens often at my current job, the really good jobs aren't posted, even internally. Those jobs are given to handpicked white people, usually males, everytime. And many of these aren't even college graduates. While many black people here are actually over qualified for the jobs we have. And even with this corporation, white men will get their brothers good positions. One guy's son is working here and skipped over a lot of stuff that most other people are supposed to go through. Why aren't these people competeing fairly. Why all the hush hush about job placement? And you'll sit here and just make up stuff about lowered standards because....narratives. Nepotism babies and Good ole boys telling other people they're not good enough. Story of America.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:08 PM

2,027 posts, read 578,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you care about ALL whites who were denied promotions or even from getting a job or accepted into college because of Affirmative Action which is 100% AGAINST the Equal rights law.

My guess is that YOU are colored.
Do you care when white women use affirmative action to take jobs from white men? Because that's most likely "takin yerr jerb". Affirmative Action doesn't really take into account promotions and upward mobility in companies either. There are other threads on affirmative action anyways. We're talking about nepotism and good ole boys networks, which white men have used to keep themselves always a few steps ahead. Why aren't you fake outraging about this since it's unfair? Why are you only fake outraged the idea of a few black people earning entry level positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or