U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2017, 02:38 PM
 
2,027 posts, read 581,137 times
Reputation: 827

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Do you care when white women use affirmative action to take jobs from white men?"

Why would you assume something?

And YES I DO care.

"Affirmative Action doesn't really take into account promotions and upward mobility in companies either."

Yes it does. Sorry I witnessed it firsthand.

"We're talking about nepotism and good ole boys networks, which white men have used to keep themselves always a few steps ahead"

Nepotism has NOTHING to do with "keep themselves always a few steps ahead"

It IS about giving jobs to your family and friends.

nep·o·tism
ˈnepəˌtizəm/
noun
noun: nepotism
the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.




https://www.google.com/search?q=nepo...nt=firefox-b-1




I worked in an 80% black area and ALL the black owned businesses ONLY hired BLACKS.


It is, always has been and will always continue to be.




Why would any business owner hire a stranger when they can hire a son or daughter of a friend who they KNOW what type of person they are?




I take it YOU never owned a business.




"
Why are you only fake outraged the idea of a few black people earning entry level positions"




You DON'T know me so QUIT trying to say things about me and making assumptions that are FLAT OUT LIES because of your OWN racism.
lots of emotion here. Anyways. What I said about nepotism perfectly applies to everything I've stated in this thread. Again, whenever yall resort to semantics and playing the definition game I know you don't really have leg to stand on.


you claim to have worked in an 80% black area and all the black businesses hired blacks...how many whites live in this 80% black area...perhaps the black businesses hired a lot of blacks because it was 80% in that area. Just like you said. You cannibalized your own little attempt there, buddy. LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2017, 02:43 PM
 
2,027 posts, read 581,137 times
Reputation: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Blacks were not doing very good on the tests for the jobs so the tests were done away with and the jobs were given to blacks. Government orders. truth hurts I guess. The posting was done away with because we had to put blacks into positions.
Again you're just making this stuff up without any proof. You're going on the notion that blacks are just worse at things, but somehow they were magically being promoted above whites. Like I said, the black were most likely fairly getting the jobs and it doesn't fit the stereotype so whites stopped posting the jobs and started handpicking each other. Going covert. Somehow yall think any time blacks succeed there's some asterisk on it:
-"affirmative action"
-"the removed the tests because they were failing"
-"they lowered the standards"
-"reverse racism".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 03:03 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,970 posts, read 6,110,736 times
Reputation: 7834
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Again you're just making this stuff up without any proof. You're going on the notion that blacks are just worse at things, but somehow they were magically being promoted above whites. Like I said, the black were most likely fairly getting the jobs and it doesn't fit the stereotype so whites stopped posting the jobs and started handpicking each other. Going covert. Somehow yall think any time blacks succeed there's some asterisk on it:
-"affirmative action"
-"the removed the tests because they were failing"
-"they lowered the standards"
-"reverse racism".


Whatever! You are too ignorant to even carry on any further conversation about this. You have no idea what happened in these companies with AA.I will no longer waste my time with you. Good day. BTW my proof is that I lived it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 03:45 PM
 
2,027 posts, read 581,137 times
Reputation: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Whatever! You are too ignorant to even carry on any further conversation about this. You have no idea what happened in these companies with AA.I will no longer waste my time with you. Good day. BTW my proof is that I lived it.
Again everything you say is made up. "They lowered standards, but I don't have proof". "The tests were removed because these inferior blacks couldn't compete, but I don't have proof". You're getting frustrated because you're transparent. Like I said, the black people were beating out some of the whites fairly, and that pissed people off, so they took down the public job postings and went covert with the job placement. Then you add your little "black are inferior" spin to it.


deuces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
 
14,461 posts, read 7,116,932 times
Reputation: 7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This was done some years back when AA was going strong. I didn't work for the government. I worked for a large international company that had government contracts. Seems you are ignorant of the facts that happened dealing with AA and blacks then. And personally, I could not give a damn what you or anyone else believes.
Well now I know you are telling fibs since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass even if they are government contractors.

I worked for a government contractor as well and no one took any tests except drug screens.

In my work for said contractor, I was put in charge of our regions HR department since we didn't have a local HR rep and they liked to make us in the executive office do 3-4 jobs lol. So I had to get trainings and certification in HR management and administration, including compliance with federal and state hiring guidelines and regulations.

Affirmative Action does not require tests. It does not require quotas and it doesn't even punish government contractors who do not have any fantasy percentages you all think exist. It is only an order to not discriminate against people due to being in a "protected class" and everyone in America is in a protected class, not just black people.

So you are telling lies and you should just bow out or admit as such. Affirmative Action has been around for about (or maybe even over) 70 years now and it is still "going strong" as an executive order for federal government hiring and contractors. It does not require people to hire blacks or any other protected class and especially not unqualified ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 04:24 PM
 
7,963 posts, read 3,742,667 times
Reputation: 10434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
https://www.firerescue1.com/discrimi...ation-lawsuit/





Something like this has happened at my job before. Certain favorable jobs being handed to white employees without them being posted for everybody to have a legit fair shot at those jobs.
I've got news for you. While that might happen with whites due to nepotism or some other reasons, it has been going on for blacks and other minorities as official policy for decades. Many a minority leapfrogged whites with more experience in an effort to meet consent decree orders and affirmative action quotas. Heck they took black sergeants and promoted them to captains, leapfrogging white male lieutenants who had been waiting the required years to get promoted.

So while I do not condone what might be going on in this stories situation, no undeserved promotion should be occurring, especially if it is based on race/gender.


`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 05:55 PM
 
33,377 posts, read 14,579,199 times
Reputation: 7599
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
lots of emotion here. Anyways. What I said about nepotism perfectly applies to everything I've stated in this thread. Again, whenever yall resort to semantics and playing the definition game I know you don't really have leg to stand on.


you claim to have worked in an 80% black area and all the black businesses hired blacks...how many whites live in this 80% black area...perhaps the black businesses hired a lot of blacks because it was 80% in that area. Just like you said. You cannibalized your own little attempt there, buddy. LMAO.
"lots of emotion here"

" I know you don't really have leg to stand on" back at you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 06:01 PM
 
33,377 posts, read 14,579,199 times
Reputation: 7599
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Well now I know you are telling fibs since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass even if they are government contractors.

I worked for a government contractor as well and no one took any tests except drug screens.

In my work for said contractor, I was put in charge of our regions HR department since we didn't have a local HR rep and they liked to make us in the executive office do 3-4 jobs lol. So I had to get trainings and certification in HR management and administration, including compliance with federal and state hiring guidelines and regulations.

Affirmative Action does not require tests. It does not require quotas and it doesn't even punish government contractors who do not have any fantasy percentages you all think exist. It is only an order to not discriminate against people due to being in a "protected class" and everyone in America is in a protected class, not just black people.

So you are telling lies and you should just bow out or admit as such. Affirmative Action has been around for about (or maybe even over) 70 years now and it is still "going strong" as an executive order for federal government hiring and contractors. It does not require people to hire blacks or any other protected class and especially not unqualified ones.
"Well now I know you are telling fibs since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass even if they are government contractors.

"since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass"

I had to take one so, there goes your credibility.

People should NOT make claims when in if fact they DON'T KNOW what EVERY company in the country requires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 06:30 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,970 posts, read 6,110,736 times
Reputation: 7834
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007;50269871[B
]Well now I know you are telling fibs since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass even if they are government contractors. [/b]

I worked for a government contractor as well and no one took any tests except drug screens.

In my work for said contractor, I was put in charge of our regions HR department since we didn't have a local HR rep and they liked to make us in the executive office do 3-4 jobs lol. So I had to get trainings and certification in HR management and administration, including compliance with federal and state hiring guidelines and regulations.

Affirmative Action does not require tests. It does not require quotas and it doesn't even punish government contractors who do not have any fantasy percentages you all think exist. It is only an order to not discriminate against people due to being in a "protected class" and everyone in America is in a protected class, not just black people.

So you are telling lies and you should just bow out or admit as such. Affirmative Action has been around for about (or maybe even over) 70 years now and it is still "going strong" as an executive order for federal government hiring and contractors. It does not require people to hire blacks or any other protected class and especially not unqualified ones.

And now I know how totally clueless you really are. Tests and seniority once determined promotions. This is getting really boring trying to talk with ignorant people. Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 PM
 
583 posts, read 252,604 times
Reputation: 2423
It goes both ways. Blacks with lower tests scores on the civil service exam get hired over whites all the time because departments have to fill quotas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top