Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 06:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
lots of emotion here. Anyways. What I said about nepotism perfectly applies to everything I've stated in this thread. Again, whenever yall resort to semantics and playing the definition game I know you don't really have leg to stand on.

you claim to have worked in an 80% black area and all the black businesses hired blacks...how many whites live in this 80% black area...perhaps the black businesses hired a lot of blacks because it was 80% in that area. Just like you said. You cannibalized your own little attempt there, buddy. LMAO.
Yep, let's just toss out what words actually mean just because it's either A. too hard or too lazy to learn what words actually mean. B. What the word(s) actually mean wouldn't fit the agenda.C. It's the only word(s) that have shock value (like racist for example, rarely used properly).

Yeppers, no more need for those silly dictionaries, what the hell do the people who write them know anyways.
We'll just start assigning meanings to words as we go.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, let's just toss out what words actually mean just because it's either A. too hard or too lazy to learn what words actually mean. B. What the word(s) actually mean wouldn't fit the agenda.C. It's the only word(s) that have shock value (like racist for example, rarely used properly).

Yeppers, no more need for those silly dictionaries, what the hell do the people who write them know anyways.
We'll just start assigning meanings to words as we go.
argue semantics when you can't make an actual point. everytime.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"lots of emotion here"

" I know you don't really have leg to stand on" back at you!
LOL. make an actual point related to the thread topic please.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I've got news for you. While that might happen with whites due to nepotism or some other reasons, it has been going on for blacks and other minorities as official policy for decades. Many a minority leapfrogged whites with more experience in an effort to meet consent decree orders and affirmative action quotas. Heck they took black sergeants and promoted them to captains, leapfrogging white male lieutenants who had been waiting the required years to get promoted.

So while I do not condone what might be going on in this stories situation, no undeserved promotion should be occurring, especially if it is based on race/gender.

`
Again, I ask people to actually prove that underqualified blacks are leapfrogging whites upwardly. I have no doubt that companies meet quotas on entry level positions, and many times white women fill that "minority" quota. But as far as going up the ladder, nobody can prove that undeserved blacks are given jobs like that. Like I said, and like it was laid out in the article in the OP, blacks were fairly beating out people, and of course it's going to **** off some people who think blacks are naturally inferior. So the job posting get taken down and they start using nepotism and networking the good jobs amongst themselves (white people). It's real easy to just say, "standards were lowered for blacks", you know you don't really have to prove it, and deep down you know thats not the case. It just burns some people's soul to know a black person is actually out here smarter and working harder than them because it goes against everything they've been taught, so "they must be cheating" or "the standards were lowered for them.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
It goes both ways. Blacks with lower tests scores on the civil service exam get hired over whites all the time because departments have to fill quotas.
Civil Service Exam. There is no longer a mandatory single civil service exam to cover all federal jobs. Most jobs with the federal government do not require written tests or exams. Certain agencies may require testing for certain positions, but this is uncommon.Aug 10, 2017
Find a Federal Government Job | USAGov

https://www.usa.gov/government-jobs

"Blacks with lower tests scores on the civil service exam get hired over whites all the time because departments have to fill quotas"

As I said in an earlier post, my uncle was in charge of giving the exam and it was abolished complete after many blacks still could not pass the "new" exam created just for them.

And this was back at least 15, maybe more, years ago.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:24 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
LOL. make an actual point related to the thread topic please.
All I see from you is a "lots of emotion "

Old 12-01-2017, 05:58 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
While working for a fortune 500 company I watched several blacks, fresh out of a secondary college, get fast-tracked for no other reason than they were black. They were promoted over engineers who worked there for more than ten years many with their own patents.
I remember one young black woman, recent grad, who was either in the cafeteria or out of the plant.
One day I asked her if she would like to go out on the floor to see the process she was suppose to be learning. Her reply, "I'm being fast-tracked. Why bother?" As she predicted a month later she was transferred to the main plant.
Why is it that that race inequities only apply to blacks? This incident, only one of many, was clearly overriding seniority, accomplishment, experience and loyalty. Among this group violated were a majority of white people and included asians, Hispanics, etc.

If society continues to promote and appoint people by race instead of ability and qualifications then we are in big trouble. I believe that most of us want people in a position to have worked for that position through education and experience and not simply because they are black.

We need to get back to promoting or appointing people for their ability and education not their color.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
argue semantics when you can't make an actual point. everytime.
Look up what that word means before using it and maybe one day you'll be correct. Today is not the day though...

Old 12-01-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Again, I ask people to actually prove that underqualified blacks are leapfrogging whites upwardly. I have no doubt that companies meet quotas on entry level positions, and many times white women fill that "minority" quota. But as far as going up the ladder, nobody can prove that undeserved blacks are given jobs like that. Like I said, and like it was laid out in the article in the OP, blacks were fairly beating out people, and of course it's going to **** off some people who think blacks are naturally inferior. So the job posting get taken down and they start using nepotism and networking the good jobs amongst themselves (white people). It's real easy to just say, "standards were lowered for blacks", you know you don't really have to prove it, and deep down you know thats not the case. It just burns some people's soul to know a black person is actually out here smarter and working harder than them because it goes against everything they've been taught, so "they must be cheating" or "the standards were lowered for them.
In other words you're saying to people "my mind is made up don't confuse me with the facts"...

Old 12-01-2017, 06:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Well now I know you are telling fibs since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass even if they are government contractors.

"since private sector businesses do not have tests for their employees to pass"

I had to take one so, there goes your credibility.

People should NOT make claims when in if fact they DON'T KNOW what EVERY company in the country requires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And now I know how totally clueless you really are. Tests and seniority once determined promotions. This is getting really boring trying to talk with ignorant people. Enough is enough.
I said that government contractors are not required to give tests, neither are private sector employers for every hire. See quote below for what I stated:

Quote:
Affirmative Action does not require tests. It does not require quotas and it doesn't even punish government contractors who do not have any fantasy percentages you all think exist. It is only an order to not discriminate against people due to being in a "protected class" and everyone in America is in a protected class, not just black people.
What kind of test did you have to take? A typing tests, a skills test, an aptitude test....? And what was your score on said tests and how do you know that you or some other white employee scored higher than a black person if you didn't work in HR or a department that administered said test?

Point was that tests are not required in private sector. They can give them if they want but you would not have access to any results of anyone except yourself unless you worked in HR or were the hiring manager/administrator.

So you are both lying because I doubt you took any tests and I especially doubt that you worked in HR since you have a lack of knowledge about what AA is for the private sector or government contractors. If you'd worked for any decent company, they'd have made sure you knew what AA was.

Again, I hired people, I made people take drug screenings. If the manager/executive of the department wanted to give a test to an applicant based on skills (and note I created my own skills tests that were unique to positions that worked with/under me to ensure that people weren't lying on their resumes about their so-called "skills and qualifications") I would oversee that test.

I did this job in metro Atlanta, which has a pretty high black population and the black applicants oftentimes outperformed white applicants on skills based tests. For drug screenings, blacks passed at a much higher rate than white applicants in all levels and especially so in higher paying positions for supervisors, managers, and executives. In the years I worked doing this, there was not a single black person for the above positions who failed a drug screen. Multiple white applicants did and they were automatically out of the running for the job. I never knew that drugs were so pervasive in the white population across educational/professional classes until doing these duties.

But you all are lying about AA because you don't know what it is. Private sector companies do not have any sort of standardized tests that you are rated for from an academic perspective so you believing that black people are too dumb to pass tests is your own bias and prejudice about believing black people are dumber than white people.

Also the idea that so many black people are given jobs over whites is ridiculous due to the fact that statistics contradict what you are saying. Blacks are much more likely to be underemployed and unemployed than whites across all income demographics and educational demographics so your being butt hurt over having a black person supposedly taking your or another white person's job is ludicrous and IMO based in your prejudicial fantasies since hard numbers do not support what you are saying and I bet that if you shared your company and I looked up their demographics that blacks would be sorely underrepresented just like we are at nearly every major corporations in America and with private businesses who work as government contractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies