U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2017, 09:54 PM
 
Location: USA
18,536 posts, read 13,678,653 times
Reputation: 12125

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our president should always be a role model. There were no scandals in the Obama white house. No women came out and accused him of inappropriate behavior. Yet many women came out with their stories of Trump. Trump treats women with disrespect which was evident by his cheating and his tape of groping women. You could ask why Melania has so little self respect staying with him.
Obama? Killer of 1000s in Libya, Syria, Yemen, in addition to 2000 dead US Service men in Afganistan. Harvey Weinstein can sleep better than that murdering Peace Prize winning con artist. He does sound good though, and looks and acts presidential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 2,697,304 times
Reputation: 5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our president should always be a role model. There were no scandals in the Obama white house. No women came out and accused him of inappropriate behavior. Yet many women came out with their stories of Trump. Trump treats women with disrespect which was evident by his cheating and his tape of groping women. You could ask why Melania has so little self respect staying with him.
Wrong lol. Gloria Allred a month before the election trotted out a bunch of stories from women with holes a mile wide and no doubt paid for by the DNC or the Clintons.

Where are they now?

Furthermore, there may not have been any scandals re the Obama's marriage, but Democrats have a long sordid history of sexual scandals in presidential marriages.........so don't even go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:00 PM
 
19,568 posts, read 7,952,787 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Obama? Killer of 1000s in Libya, Syria, Yemen, in addition to 2000 dead US Service men in Afganistan. Harvey Weinstein can sleep better than that murdering Peace Prize winning con artist.
Ok, listen up and understand. I am talking about women coming out against powerful men because of sexual harassment. Women have come out against Trump. No one has come out against Obama. In my opinion, that is a loyal man who adores his wife and family and puts them first. And that is the kind of president I want again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 PM
 
19,568 posts, read 7,952,787 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Wrong lol. Gloria Allred a month before the election trotted out a bunch of stories from women with holes a mile wide and no doubt paid for by the DNC or the Clintons.

Where are they now?

Furthermore, there may not have been any scandals re the Obama's marriage, but Democrats have a long sordid history of sexual scandals in presidential marriages.........so don't even go there.
The Obama's were the perfect couple in the white house. And that's all I'm saying. There was no scandals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:24 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 2,697,304 times
Reputation: 5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The Obama's were the perfect couple in the white house. And that's all I'm saying. There was no scandals.
Agreed, the Obamas were an exception in a sordid Democratic history.

That is the only good thing I can say about them.

So what? His policies sucked and he set this country back years when it came to race relations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:35 PM
 
19,568 posts, read 7,952,787 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Agreed, the Obamas were an exception in a sordid Democratic history.

That is the only good thing I can say about them.

So what? His policies sucked and he set this country back years when it came to race relations.
Being from the south, I think a black president brought out all the racists. They were all dormant until he was elected. Racists trashed him and Michelle...even calling her an ape in heels. And that was one of the nicest things they said about her. But you know what, they didn't let it affect them. They held their head high and just sucked it up. That's what a president does because it's not about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:38 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 2,697,304 times
Reputation: 5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Being from the south, I think a black president brought out all the racists. They were all dormant until he was elected. Racists trashed him and Michelle...even calling her an ape in heels. And that was one of the nicest things they said about her. But you know what, they didn't let it affect them. They held their head high and just sucked it up. That's what a president does because it's not about them.
Wrong......as usual.

Being from the south myself, I clearly recognized that Obama had a unique historic opportunity as a bi-racial American to heal at least some of the wounds in this country due to racism.

He failed miserably. Did nothing. And, in fact made things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
9,693 posts, read 5,275,637 times
Reputation: 9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The Obama's were the perfect couple in the white house. And that's all I'm saying. There was no scandals.
No personal scandals that I can think of, but plenty of political scandals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:42 PM
 
19,568 posts, read 7,952,787 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Wrong......as usual.

Being from the south myself, I clearly recognized that Obama had a unique historic opportunity as a bi-racial American to heal at least some of the wounds in this country due to racism.

He failed miserably. Did nothing. And, in fact made things worse.
I'm not wrong at all. How about parents teach their kids that racism is not ok because they learn it from their parents. You are not born with this hatred. You can't expect any president to correct your mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2017, 10:53 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 2,697,304 times
Reputation: 5215
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not wrong at all. How about parents teach their kids that racism is not ok because they learn it from their parents. You are not born with this hatred. You can't expect any president to correct your mistakes.
WTF are you talking about lol. I don't have any hatred toward anyone.

Obama had a unique/historic opportunity to lead change in this country. He squandered it.

You don't have a clue.

History will record him as a president who was ineffectual at best and destructive to the country at worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top