Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 03:43 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm a bit long in the tooth for Teen Vogue, but if she really did say that, she is just as wrong as those whose behavior she condemns.

True Karma for her, would be that as long as she lives, no man would ever again touch her with a ten-foot pole. Unless of course, men are not her cup of tea, in the first place.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:47 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I still haven't seen an example of an innocent person being executed in current times.

I do know of one case of "suicide by the legal system", but I really don't think that counts.
There are plenty of innocent people being murdered by the state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...dants-innocent

Old 11-23-2017, 03:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A teen girl may agree, but once one becomes the mother of a son, I'm sure that sentiment would disappear.

Writing for your readership is not always a good thing. She will come to regret her words if they ever come to pass.
The current sexual hysteria will have a more immediate effect. Men are remembering why it is not a good idea for women to be in the workplace. With that sort of rhetoric on the internet, good luck to her ever finding a job working around men.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:02 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The current sexual hysteria will have a more immediate effect. Men are remembering why it is not a good idea for women to be in the workplace. With that sort of rhetoric on the internet, good luck to her ever finding a job working around men.
Ugh, stop putting it all on women. There are problematic people...not all men, not all women. While yes, there are some women who take it all too far, there are some men who act inappropriately towards women. The answer is to head towards generally acceptable behavior by all, not just try to shove women back into all being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Ugh, stop putting it all on women. There are problematic people...not all men, not all women. While yes, there are some women who take it all too far, there are men who act inappropriately towards women. The answer is to head towards generally acceptable behavior by all, not just try to shove women back into all being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

so any man taking exception to this thing's idiocy, is now trying to take ALL women back to the Stone Age? I noticed here anytime there is a thread/post about a woman/women acting poorly or inappropriately, out come the disclaimers 'Men do it too" "Not ALL women", or absurd accusations like yours. I bet if you replaced "men" with "muslims" , or "minorities" all you 3rd wavers would go on an Estrogen Jihad.

Yet comments critical of men are met with affirmations.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:29 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
She's a ma'amarchist.

I don't like either.

Old 11-23-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
so any man taking exception to this thing's idiocy, is now trying to take ALL women back to the Stone Age? I noticed here anytime there is a thread/post about a woman/women acting poorly or inappropriately, out come the disclaimers 'Men do it too" "Not ALL women", or absurd accusations like yours. I bet if you replaced "men" with "muslims" , or "minorities" all you 3rd wavers would go on an Estrogen Jihad.

Yet comments critical of men are met with affirmations.
I was responding to the way that particular poster was phrasing it, about how “men” will start realizing that “women” (no qualifiers as to few, some, many for either side) shouldn’t be in the workplace. Notice how I said some on each side are making the situation problematic for both men and women, not trying to blame either side as being totally at fault and said we should find a solution for all.

I should have pointed it out, sure, but I don’t agree with this lady. I was responding to the ideas in that post.

I don’t think it’s fair for a reply to be one sided either way, but you are acting as if I just did. I am certainly no third waver. If you want to take offense to this sort of statement and pretend I am trying to bash all men instead of asking for a more moderate solution than what she said or what the other poster said..well, that’s your poor choice.

Last edited by latimeria; 11-23-2017 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-23-2017, 04:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I was responding to the way that particular poster was phrasing it, about how “men” will start realizing that “women” (no qualifiers as to few, some, many for either side) shouldn’t be in the workplace. Notice how I said some on each side are making the situation problematic for both men and women, not trying to blame either side as being totally at fault and said we should find a solution for all.

I don’t agree with this lady. I don’t think it’s fair for a reply to be one sided either way, but you are acting as if I just did. I am certainly no third waver. If you want to take offense to this sort of statement and pretend I am trying to bash all men instead of asking for a more moderate solution than what she said or what the other poster said..well, that’s your poor choice.

I DO agree with you saying it's not fair for the answer to be one sided, which leads me to say:

Well the reason i made my "choice" was YOUR suggested solution "The answer is to head towards generally acceptable behavior by all, not just try to shove women back into all being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen." So you stated what men should NOT do (in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)so what about what women should not do(in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)? I noticed you only mentioned men's behavior. Not BOTH sides

Seems like YOUR choice of words was POOR. Fair is fair, though I DO get that in 2017, women are innocent oppressed victims, and the problems women face daily are all the fault of men, so that might explain your reasoning.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Well the reason i made my "choice" was YOUR suggested solution "The answer is to head towards generally acceptable behavior by all, not just try to shove women back into all being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen." So you stated what men should NOT do (in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)so what about what women should not do(in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)? I noticed you only mentioned men's behavior.

Seems like YOUR choice of words was POOR.
No, I said some women take it too far, some men behave inappropriately. I mentioned both. Ah, so as far as outcomes...I was still responding just to his “solution”. I said figure out something that works that doesn’t include simply excluding women. I was not discussing the OP, though I should have included to make my intent clearer, I suppose.

Ok so just to be clear...women should get to work and not be unduly harassed, which does happen. Men should be able to work without fear of being accused of wrongdoing unjustly, which does happen. I did mean that overall in my solution, but didn’t make it explicit.

I think both men and women should be allowed to work if they want. I don’t think innocent men should fall just to make it easier for women.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I DO agree with you saying it's not fair for the answer to be one sided, which leads me to say:

Well the reason i made my "choice" was YOUR suggested solution "The answer is to head towards generally acceptable behavior by all, not just try to shove women back into all being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen." So you stated what men should NOT do (in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)so what about what women should not do(in order to head towards acceptable behavior by ALL)? I noticed you only mentioned men's behavior. Not BOTH sides

Seems like YOUR choice of words was POOR. Fair is fair, though I DO get that in 2017, women are innocent oppressed victims, and the problems women face daily are all the fault of men, so that might explain your reasoning.
Sigh. Please point out where I said it’s all men’s fault as a general idea and not in the context of replying to a post that basically stated women don’t belong in the workplace. You can’t do it. I didn’t say that. I said there were people on both sides kinda screwing it up for the rest of us and advocated for some unstated solution that would work for both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies