Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:30 AM

381 posts, read 275,399 times

Advertisements

Piers Morgan: For God's sake let boys be boys | Daily Mail Online

When will this creeping insanity stop?.Does the vast majority of the public really support this drivel or am i in the minority?.I have tried hard just to let the constant drip feed of this kind of p.c. propoganda wash over me but,it's proving harder and harder as days go by and this kind of madness permeates throughout print and tv media who, seem like rabbits caught in headlights lest they get called out as bigots.Maybe just me.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:57 AM

26,950 posts, read 13,198,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post

When will this creeping insanity stop?.Does the vast majority of the public really support this drivel or am i in the minority?.I have tried hard just to let the constant drip feed of this kind of p.c. propoganda wash over me but,it's proving harder and harder as days go by and this kind of madness permeates throughout print and tv media who, seem like rabbits caught in headlights lest they get called out as bigots.Maybe just me.
Just a minority of liberals who enjoy the media attention.

Most people just find it all to be yet more politically correct stupidity.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:08 PM

5,306 posts, read 2,091,882 times
I think as a general rule, gender neutral products are fine. *shrug* While I am not sure about all of the places this is ending up, there are some merits to the basic principle for those who want it.

Pink for girls and blue boys is a relatively new enough concept (it used to be the reverse in fact) and companies have gone bonkers in stereotyping things. I’m not that into pink and don’t want the majority of my womanly choices to be in that just because. I’m glad that things like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are showing up in the girls section. If my girls want something pink, then that’s cool. I just don’t want to force that on them. Stuff like that.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:05 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,537,113 times
Got some freaky transgender s*** going down in this part of the world, with a transgender being selected for the national women's weightlifting team, for the upcoming commonwealth games. I certainly won't be watching the games, if that sort of blatant cheating is to be allowed

Old 11-24-2017, 01:09 AM

18,651 posts, read 7,499,353 times
A so-called "transgender" pretending to be a woman, is really nothing more than a man who has undergone voluntary genital mutilation and picked up a drug habit (hormones).

He is still a man, albeit a confused one.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 AM

32,910 posts, read 12,210,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The UK is full of crackpots, way more than here. Glad I don't live there
I'll bet you didn't feel that way when Morgan was whining about guns.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:21 AM

5,306 posts, read 2,091,882 times
I do think sports is one area where it’s problematic. Men and women do have some generalized different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to sports. A competition where it is labeled as women’s gets potentially thrown into unfair territory if someone who was born with the male physical traits that are potentially greater than any of the women gets to compete. I know that under some rules, they have to have taken hormones for so long, but not sure if that is enough to equalize.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:24 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,854,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post

LOL, Piers Morgan is a punk, a dandy, and a ****.

And its laughable how many people get worked up over gender issues when they do absolutely no harm to other people at all.

Live and let live - and stay out of other peoples' business.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:25 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,339,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A so-called "transgender" pretending to be a woman, is really nothing more than a man who has undergone voluntary genital mutilation and picked up a drug habit (hormones).

He is still a man, albeit a confused one.
It doesn't even require that. Just someone to "feel" that they should have been born with the opposite genitals. A man doesn't have to have boobs to use a girl's locker room in some places, they just have to "feel like a woman".

Old 11-24-2017, 09:39 PM

37,061 posts, read 42,027,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I do think sports is one area where it’s problematic. Men and women do have some generalized different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to sports. A competition where it is labeled as women’s gets potentially thrown into unfair territory if someone who was born with the male physical traits that are potentially greater than any of the women gets to compete. I know that under some rules, they have to have taken hormones for so long, but not sure if that is enough to equalize.
Transgenders shouldn't compete. That's so simple it flies over the heads of people but I've been saying it forever. Not everyone get's to do everything in life, and sometimes choosing one path cuts you off from another. It's not mean, it's not unfair, and they can start their own version of the "Special Olympics" if they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies