U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:41 PM

6,376 posts, read 2,592,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
So you support censorship? Dunno?
You still don't understand do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 09:27 PM

19,644 posts, read 7,981,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why,thanks to Trump, it's ok to say Merry Christmas now because we weren't allowed to for the last 20 years. It's ok to call boys boys and girls girls now thanks to Dear Leader.
Oh please, when have you needed someone to tell you it was ok to say Merry Christmas. I have always said that. In fact, I say both. If someone says happy holidays, I will say that back to them. I really don't understand the big deal about this.

Old 11-23-2017, 09:44 PM

6,043 posts, read 6,091,039 times
Happy Hanukkah goys, I mean guys!

Old 11-23-2017, 10:19 PM

22,153 posts, read 26,640,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
You could say Merry Christmas anytime you wanted but you fell for O'Reilly annual hype. I like to say Happy Holidays and that is what I will continue to do.

Happy Holidays!
It wasn't hype a few years ago. Just walk into some stores and you could see for yourself.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:49 AM

33,060 posts, read 12,548,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Throw away nearly 400 years of tradition for Thanksgiving. The holiday is changing. It is now a day to celebrate and thank our dear leader Trump. Before you begin your meal, think of every good thing that occurred over the last year and thank Trump for it. No good thing in America is possible without Trump. He is 100% responsible for all that is good in this nation. Anything bad that occurs is entirely the result of his enemies. May we praise Trump for it is he that makes all possible.
Will there be another video of like that Cabinet gathering in which everyone takes a turn about how they are blessed to serve Trump and his agenda?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-24-2017 at 05:01 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 04:56 AM

Thanksgiving took on a different meaning at our house this year.

Last year, several guests were Trump supporters. Though we all did our best to steer the conversation to topics other than the election, the Trump supporters managed to get in numerous smug and gleeful digs.

Those folks declined our invitation this year.

Was a more pleasant experience all the way around.

Can't help but wonder if this isn't a sign of things to come with the Trump supporters increasingly isolated.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:59 AM

30,131 posts, read 15,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Throw away nearly 400 years of tradition for Thanksgiving. The holiday is changing. It is now a day to celebrate and thank our dear leader Trump. Before you begin your meal, think of every good thing that occurred over the last year and thank Trump for it. No good thing in America is possible without Trump. He is 100% responsible for all that is good in this nation. Anything bad that occurs is entirely the result of his enemies. May we praise Trump for it is he that makes all possible.
400 years? This nation isn't that old! This tells me you don't know what Thanksgiving was about in the first place.

I don't know where you're getting this garbage from ...making it up I suppose. And I don't know about you're family, but we still give thanks to God. But I guess atheists have to have someone to thank to give meaning to the holiday.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:04 AM

4,073 posts, read 1,150,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's a little early to be so hopped up.
*hic* that's BS. It's never too early for that!

*stumbles out of the thread*

Old 11-24-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
You could say Merry Christmas anytime you wanted but you fell for O'Reilly annual hype. I like to say Happy Holidays and that is what I will continue to do.

Happy Holidays!
I'm surprised anyone falls for the "Christian victim" nonsense.

Christianity used to be the religion of slaves. Eventually, there will be paradise, so it's okay to wander in the desert for decades.

But that was a long time ago. Christianity has since been co-opted by the robber barons, charlatans, and moneychangers.

I don't recall any parables about requirement for holiday wishes.

Story of the Good Samaritan comes to mind.

If you haven't read it, you really should. It's about taking care of one another, even if they aren't from around here.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:24 AM

30,131 posts, read 15,685,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Christianity used to be the religion of slaves.
Huh??? Where do you get that from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies