U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should employers be allowed to check potential employees credit?
Yes. 71 42.01%
No. 90 53.25%
Indifferent/No Answer. 8 4.73%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 04:35 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,133,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A 15 year old judgment doesn't fall off a credit report until satisfied and it also offers no information about the individual's past 15 years. What's excessive? What do two 15-year-old judgments (arising from health-related extended loss of income) speak to the character of the applicant? Should they be regarded less favorably than a 15-year-old bankruptcy?
That’s is the problem. 10 yrs Bankruptcy penalty. Period - your fam sick,? storm?, fire?, axhol hubby run off ? Military pull you got 3 tours not one the tornado destroyed the crop? There are no explanations you just shyte fir 10 yrs. higher rates car ins thinks you a stink driver and you must put 3 x deposit on a rental apartment. Now you get a lower pay job and all costs more !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 04:39 PM

9,950 posts, read 8,438,330 times
Yes, for two reasons.

1). Unless it involves certain very specific characteristics (sex, race, religion, ethnicity, etc.) it should be at the employer's discretion as to what criteria they use to evaluate applicants for jobs.

2). The first not withstanding, how an applicant handles their finances and credit issues is a very good indicator of how reliable and responsible they'd be as an employee.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Yes, for two reasons.

1). Unless it involves certain very specific characteristics (sex, race, religion, ethnicity, etc.) it should be at the employer's discretion as to what criteria they use to evaluate applicants for jobs.

2). The first not withstanding, how an applicant handles their finances and credit issues is a very good indicator of how reliable and responsible they'd be as an employee.
Nah —-ask Maddoff

Old 11-25-2017, 04:44 PM

8,702 posts, read 2,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
bS 25 yrs in banking. I can tell you well vetted crew of employees - and what still had big theft -fraud- embezzlement so that trying to sort people. shyteee— I quit one place,because I smelled the mess- and responsible for a $475k safe. I was not going to be their scapegoat goat -And few weeks later the idiot Prez shot himself in the head and they threw the Vice President out for being in cahoots for—- stealing !!! Sometimes what look so clean n shiny -is shyte! In Canada illegzk and done states have also stopped the practice.

I'm guessing you didn't have to communicate very often via writing.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:47 PM

3,754 posts, read 1,591,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
why not? if they dont, they will find some other way to screen people

it isnt like they will hire people at random
It's another way to eliminate Americans from being hired. Credit scores can go down the tubes for any number of reasons that have nothing to do with an employees qualifications to do the job.

Oh Mr. Congressman we can't find enough qualified Americans, I guess we need to open the flood gates from abroad again.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I'm guessing you didn't have to communicate very often via writing.
I am here the next 60 days in San Juan- lucky can get any internet on my phone at all - whatever floats your boat to discredit the truth. Go at it ! As I see the mess here- I imagine there is no bankruptcy for people here - have not asked what they do now - but I know what storms death and divorces will do to credit - means Nothing about the persons work ethics and morals. - nothing !

Old 11-25-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
No I was a manager n hired n fired. All depends on the institution - and several places - mostly banking - it’s. Big NO!!

Old 11-25-2017, 04:57 PM

9,950 posts, read 8,438,330 times
A statistical sample of one.

Quote:
Nah —-ask Maddoff

Old 11-25-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I am here the next 60 days in San Juan- lucky can get any internet on my phone at all - whatever floats your boat to discredit the truth. Go at it ! As I see the mess here- I imagine there is no bankruptcy for people here - have not asked what they do now - but I know what storms death and divorces will do to credit - means Nothing about the persons work ethics and morals. - nothing !
Your posts are often compositions that some English teachers might have to utilize more than one correction pen to finish, so it is hard to imagine you communicating effectively in writing in a banking environment.

Additionally, do you not notice that replies to some of your posts (NOT replies coming from me) contain only a row of question marks.....'????????'......because your reply is either nonsensical, or goes off on a tangent unrelated to the thread ?

Old 11-25-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
A statistical sample of one.
No- as I said - I’m on my phone in PR, So hard to link you. Pull up white collar crime and see how mangers steal more than the employees. See FBI - fanancial crimes and RICO crime - etc. facts — and you know who never pay their bills. Attorneys and doctors !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or