U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 5,726,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I have some friends who live in a top East Bay (SF Bay Area) suburb. Just the two of them. Their kids are grown. Their house is a bit over 3k SF, 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, a pool, and a 3 car garage on about half an acre (worth probably 1.6m+. I think they paid about 75k in the early 1970s.). They not only have there entire house filled with stuff, they love their Christmas displays so much (they are quite religious, and do love to help people), that they rent a huge storage space just to store what they set up every Christmas .
They sound like nice people. I appreciate those who go through the effort to put up nice holiday displays, it must be a real pain to set it all up and take it down, then packinig and storing it, but I know some people really get into it.

For some, having their stuff around them is comforting rather than a half empty space, which can feel cold.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:31 PM

5,267 posts, read 2,879,840 times
Everyone I encountered was lovely today except for the one person with the New York license plate who was weaving in and out of traffic, being a bit of a bonehead, but maybe he had reasons for doing so... explosive diarrhea or something? I don't know.

The areas near our mall were insane and best avoided, however. I can't even imagine how awful that joint was today. ICK.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:33 PM

5,526 posts, read 1,664,377 times
Went to the mall today, it wasn't bad at all. In fact, the last several Black Fridays I've gone to the mall weren't all that bad. Maybe just somewhat busier than usual. I think so many people are avoiding Black Friday and also shopping online, that Black Friday at the mall has ceased to become very crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or