U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 04:51 AM

33,059 posts, read 12,548,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Watch Dr. Phil if you think women don't lie about sexual assault.
Of course, women lie. Just as men do.

Juanita Broaddrick who claims, off and on, that Bill Clinton raped her, in a sworn affidavit on Dec 23, 1998, denied an “unsubstantiated, hearsay claim” made by the Paula Jones’ legal team that Bill Clinton had invited her ... to a hotel room and forced her to have sex."

"Under oath, Broaddrick said the rumors were “untrue”.

Here Is Juanita Broaddrick's Affidavit That Destroys Trump's Attack On Hillary Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 04:59 AM

29,007 posts, read 19,027,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many women who are raped are so traumatized that the only think they want to do is go home and get the stink off them while having a melt down in the shower. I guess you don't know anyone who has gone though this torment. It messes you up.

You keep posting that as though the trauma of rape makes false accusations and convictions of innocent men OK.

This is why people don't want to believe anyone that claims to have been assaulted.

I know you don't care, but I don't want to send an innocent man to prison.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:54 AM

6,448 posts, read 2,270,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
It wasn't the players who created the hullaballoo that their message got lost in. It was the righties who reacted all out if proportion and insisted on ascribing motives to the players that were in direct contradiction to what the players and those around them were clearly and repeatedly articulating. I mean, seriously, who stops attending football games because somebody is protesting social injustice?
Sometimes it's not what you say....but how you say it.

Most people didn't stop watching and attending games because players were protesting.

It was because the way they chose to protest is perceived to be insulting and unpatriotic.

Most football fans are a patriotic bunch, so when you kneel during the anthem, you may as well spit in their faces.

And then there's the fact that many Americans think that what is being blown out of proportion is the very issue the players are protesting.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:06 AM

How did taking a moment to kneel in prayer for our nation get twisted into a being unpatriotic and insulting to soldiers?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 AM

We've got a president openly passing classified intel to Russian spies and our big worry is about whether football players kneel in prayer.

smh

Old 11-27-2017, 06:35 AM

6,448 posts, read 2,270,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How did taking a moment to kneel in prayer for our nation get twisted into a being unpatriotic and insulting to soldiers?
Ummmm....because it's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do?

And because much of the audience doesn't see taking a knee during the anthem as "prayer for out nation".

Old 11-27-2017, 06:47 AM

7,325 posts, read 1,719,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It wasn't for prayer for the nation. His words were-

Quote:
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
Not seeing praying for the nation...

Old 11-27-2017, 04:40 PM

2,126 posts, read 471,214 times
Quote:
Women dress to make them feel good about themselves. It's men who treat them as sex objects. I'm sorry but stop blaming women on how they dress and blame men for not being able to control themselves when they are around them. That really has to stop.
Both are at fault. Men are by nature driven to look and it isn't helping when a woman wears a bikini that shows more skin than her underwear or wear dresses or tops that have very low cuts. Seriously, to say that it's all the man's or woman's fualt is silly on it's face.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:53 PM

7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Well, the people who didn't stop listening could find no wrongdoing on her part. Nine times.
When I heard that come out of those hearings, what more did I need to listen to? Those folks are not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You dont think Tres Gowdy and his gang of witch hunters were chomping at the bit to hang the woman on any piece of wrong doing they could find? In Many congressional interrogations the last one lasting 11 hours they could find no wrong doing on her part.
As for your out of context phone story call she supposedly never acted on? it was a little more complex =
Trump on Clinton's '3 a.m. Call' - FactCheck.org
You know the phrase, 'not my job', she's the poster person for it. I heard what she said. I do not need factcheck to help me out with that. ty

Old 11-28-2017, 04:02 AM

3,150 posts, read 2,135,875 times
Quote:
Many women who are raped are so traumatized that the only think they want to do is go home and get the stink off them while having a melt down in the shower. I guess you don't know anyone who has gone though this torment. It messes you up.
I actually do- me. I was 9 years old when 3 young adult men jumped me coming home from school. I was a terrified, angry traumatized kid. Took me 1week to report it. Nothing was done about it.
I did my best to cope with it. Even though those lowlifes got away with it, I'm STILL not ok with automatically believing in instantly guilty on the spot, and STILL not okay with false claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or