U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,251,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
We are now seeing what a real "witch hunt" is. The scorn of a woman is well known and documented.

Society needs to limit the time an alleged victim can report a crime. Forty years is way over the top.
BTW, what were you doing last year at this exact time and day?

Have you noticed that there are no sexual harassment, advances, groping, etc., accusations against any man who is not a public figure or wealthy?

Some women have found gold, and it's in the pockets of those they accuse.
Do you seriously think this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 10:43 PM

4,675 posts, read 4,011,949 times
The big one in politics right now is Roy Moore, who has not even denied the allegations.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:57 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,053,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The big one in politics right now is Roy Moore, who has not even denied the allegations.

he has.........sorry to question the accusers 1 month before an election when for 40 years nobody said anything.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:11 PM

737 posts, read 277,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, times were better when men were physically attacked without any legal process after being accused (perhaps falsely) of abuse or harassment by a woman that may very well be lying to cover for her own actions (cheating on a boyfriend, knocked-up by a black guy, etc.).
Your example didn't have anything to do with what I said happened and I am not even sure I understand why the bolded part was included.

Bar fights are a regular occurrence in a college environment. Everybody has legal recourse if it goes too far. Most of these things don't. Pushing and shoving matches is what most were. No one likes real violence. It's worse now they are bringing guns to bars.

When I would go out, the only guys I ever saw tased and were so beligerant the bouncers had no choice to do it were the sexual harassers. The ones who would grab the waitresses' when their hands were full of drinks, etc. They just made everyone miserable. Although if they touched the wrong guy's girlfriend, it was ON.

The example I cited was where a guy was trying to rip a girl's shirt off and strangers stepped in. Didn't matter how she dressed. Some men respect women and will help a stranger even. Not just guys who fight - I saw many guys I know who are shy but will stand up for a stranger in cases like this and at least tell him off. They can see the woman is struggling. If the police were called the shirt ripper would have been charged with sexual assault. Some guys are willing to risk assault and battery witnessing someone else being attacked I guess. *shrug* From what I heard the whole bar was cheering when the bouncer hauled him out.

Telling this brings me to an interesting thought. In a bar environment a guy will say later (to excuse the behavior) "Well, I was drunk". In a bar so is EVERYONE else. Yet the other guys aren't doing it.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:27 PM

737 posts, read 277,899 times
P.S. Kellyanne Conway tweeted #MeToo over Thanksgiving. LOL

http://triblive.com/politics/politic...llyanne-conway

Old 11-24-2017, 11:51 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,236,227 times
We are in a mass hysteria. What you are witnessing is the anti-sexual revolution.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:56 PM

19,559 posts, read 7,948,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
We are in a mass hysteria. What you are witnessing is the anti-sexual revolution.
What we are witnessing is the revolution of women who are tired of being treated like objects by men.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,053,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What we are witnessing is the revolution of women who are tired of being treated like objects by men.

Don't a lot of women want to be treated like sex objects in the way they dress and act and how they front what they have?

Old 11-25-2017, 03:37 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,895,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Prison, for one.

"Swiftboating" has been a favorite GOP strategy for decades now. It was named after lies spread about John Kerry about his military service going up and down deltas in Vietnam rescuing stranded pilots.

The lies and conspiracy tales spread about Clinton are astounding. "Lock her up," is chanted at rallies, though for what remains a muddle as she has never even been charged, let alone convicted of a crime. Uranium One conspiracy tale was bogus from the get go, has been widely debunked, and is still repeated like it was gospel.

After decades of dragging folks through the mud with false accusations and bogus conspiracy tales now suddenly there is this overwhelming concern that people be treated as innocent until proven guilty.

Please.

Spare me.
And the democrats don't do it?
Harry Reid used the protection of the Senate floor to absolutely lie about Romney's taxes.
The swift boaters were a private group of former swift boat sailors.
Did you forget Dan Rather lying about GWB's service record?
Both parties have doing this and for a very long time.

Old 11-25-2017, 04:51 AM

13,748 posts, read 4,072,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
what we are witnessing is the revolution of women who are tired of being treated like objects by men.
bs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or