U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 10:21 PM

4,997 posts, read 13,552,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One thing conservatives seem to be really good at is insulting people. I suppose that's part of the fear thing, they fear liberals so they feel they have to insult them.
I think you are right in that they fear us. I once once told that I wasn't a republican I was a Christian. They tend to think of us as evil, when we all want the same things in life, only I want to help others to be able to obtain those thins like medical, housing, food, clothing. medical...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 10:24 PM

4,997 posts, read 13,552,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
isnt this a copycat thread of:
Brain scans of Republicans and Democrats and what they show

best post was trying to find a Democrat that has a functioning brain will yield 0 results
If it is a post I created in the past, you have to forgive this old lady. If it was created over 5 days ago, I had already forgotten it. I must go read it.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:28 PM

24,760 posts, read 26,839,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One thing conservatives seem to be really good at is insulting people. I suppose that's part of the fear thing, they fear liberals so they feel they have to insult them.
Heh, oh it's just conservatives is it? Somehow I don't think so. Even liberals are admitting the Far Left is more than just insulting--it's tyrannical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq86Beh3T70&t=27s

Old 11-24-2017, 10:33 PM

29,633 posts, read 31,957,040 times
The problem with things like this is they are dependent on specific definitions of Democrat and Republican, and there isn't really any.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:34 PM

3,956 posts, read 1,493,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What about people who are neither liberal nor conservative?
Great point. The whole nonsense over conservative-liberal falls apart under the reality that moderates still make up the largest portion of American thought. It's not black and white; it's lots of grey with the extremist nuts on the fringes, making lots of noise as though they are the only ones that exist.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 PM

11,965 posts, read 6,584,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
If it is a post I created in the past, you have to forgive this old lady. If it was created over 5 days ago, I had already forgotten it. I must go read it.
It is a duplicate thread you created yesterday.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:34 PM

9,303 posts, read 5,799,369 times
" Brain studies in regards to who becomes a Republican and whobecomes a Democrat"

The study and it's results were proved invalid awhile back. If I remember right, the method or way they used the lens was in error.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:09 AM

2,471 posts, read 639,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How does it account for people who's political views change over time?

Like many people, I became less Liberal and more Conservative as I got older.

Probably the real start of that transformation occurred when I quit smoking pot and the fog of pie in the sky Leftist ideology started to clear out of my brain like coughing out a particularly harsh bong hit.
^I agree. I too started out as a hard core democrat, but when I seen how much they are pushing for gun control, I just could not support them anymore. Republicans for the most part, are not any better. Personally, I just think the whole system is very corrupt, and it will take another revolutionary war to bring it to an end, if it is at all possible.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:04 AM

7,652 posts, read 1,771,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Oh really? Gee because I have been insulted by Liberals/Progressives on another social media site that disheartened me. I am such a friendly person to everyone as long as you treat me with respect. I would never say anything mean and hurtful to another human being.

I as a conservative do not go around insulting others. I only fear Liberals who follow me all over social media to harass and bully me.
Most conservatives have that experience. As is typical for the Looney Leftists, they accuse the Right of doing what they do. "Look over there!" In addition to their physical and emotional abuse, we've seen their hypocrisy with the flood of sexual assaults and harassment.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:09 AM

7,652 posts, read 1,771,352 times
Like most people I started out as a flaming liberal due to college brainwashing but moderated over time, being Dem, Rep and Indie depending on the election or candidate and if I needed to vote in a primary. Anyone who stays in one party is an idiot or lazy and can't think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or