Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:07 PM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
When you're young, broke and idealistic, it's easy to have an "eat the rich" outlook on life.

But as you get older and make something out of your life, you start to be more concerned about protecting you and yours.

Make a little money and it doesn't take long to realize that the Left's definition of "rich" is more than a little open to interpretation and all of a sudden you're on the menu.
At 65 haven’t changed my thinking - vote my concience - but lean dem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 06:08 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why did you post two identical threads on this?
I am guessing because one was locked, probably for looking like an ad. It's a shame, really, because the referenced article is quite interesting.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:09 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...YCIqhuygULK.99

Conservatives tend "to have more intense physical reactions to threatening stimuli."

This stuff is worth thinking about.

Conservatives tend to have intense physical reaction to what they perceive is threatening and everything is threatening.

So they are constantly on alert, looking askance at those who "aren't from around here," and yearning to go back to a time when it felt safer.

Seems that they are afraid of everyone from Lesbians to Libyans.

Is there any way to help Conservatives feel less threatened, less afraid?
"Libyans" ? Obama was afraid of Khadafi and the Libyans enough to destroy their country. No so called Conservatives involved. Actually, no real Liberals involved either. Last I check true Liberals aren't about destroying countries that present no harm to them.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:12 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
We should commend people who do this kind of work.
Finding a democrat with a functioning brain is not easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Alternate title: Scientists confirm liberals are emotionally irrational.
One thing conservatives seem to be really good at is insulting people. I suppose that's part of the fear thing, they fear liberals so they feel they have to insult them.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:15 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Did something hit you between the eyes? Wow
That doesn't look like an ad for smithsonian magazine to you?

Old 11-24-2017, 06:16 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One thing conservatives seem to be really good at is insult people. I suppose that's part of the fear thing, they fear liberals so they feel they have to insult them.
While Conservatives insult people, supposed Liberals love to invade countries such as Syria, Yemen, and Destroy countries like Libya.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:17 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
While Conservatives insult people, supposed Liberals love to invade countries such as Syria, Yemen, and Destroy countries like Libya.
I hardly think conservatives are immune from invading countries.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
One thing conservatives seem to be really good at is insulting people. I suppose that's part of the fear thing, they fear liberals so they feel they have to insult them.
Oh really? Gee because I have been insulted by Liberals/Progressives on another social media site that disheartened me. I am such a friendly person to everyone as long as you treat me with respect. I would never say anything mean and hurtful to another human being.

So James Bond, I as a conservative do not go around insulting others. I only fear Liberals who follow me all over social media to harass and bully me. They or he gets a kick out of it. I am a 64 yr old female and why does a 30+ yr old Liberal follow around a women whose probably his mother's age?

Old 11-24-2017, 06:48 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
What about those of us who understand that BOTH parties are for suckers?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:21 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...YCIqhuygULK.99

Conservatives tend "to have more intense physical reactions to threatening stimuli."

This stuff is worth thinking about.
I'm probably more of a brainarium than the Smithsoniam can handle.

A federal judge interrogated me at the Government's trial:
(re: my claim against being forced to transport opened boxes of biohazards, very dangerous chemicals, explosives and flammables on an open dolly in vehicular traffic on a very narrow road with a dangerous (blind) curve, for 41 days)

Judge: If it was so dangerous, why weren't you killed?

Answer: I'm agile.

Judge: WHAT?

Answer: Agile. A-G-I-L-E, agile.

Judge: Oh.

Zig zag, ziggity zag; zig zag zag.

I was billing the Government for the forced risk.

The judge stared at me and said, "I know where you're going with this."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies