U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:39 PM

11,207 posts, read 7,232,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lovecrowds appears to have cherry picked data and it might be misleading people

I just picked the first city on his list and checked his data...
Kansas LOST 5000 jobs over the last 12 months. that is a net loss not gain and here are solid sources with no cherry picked dates.

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/gsipub/index.asp?docid=472

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/admin/gsipub...%20Release.pdf

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/admin/gsipub...0-%20Rates.pdf

It is very clear some folk here more interested in propaganda and trying to make trump look good than actual news or useful data.

first one on the OP's list turned out to be very misleading as to what is really happening, i am assuming the entire list is just cherry picked cities and cherry picked dates to try to make trumpers feel better about this slowmotion disaster of an admin.
I wish I could rep you but I have to spread it around. Beautifully done. You just proved one of the posters wrong on here that spreads misinformation around as is if it were candy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 05:47 PM

4,408 posts, read 2,265,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The reality is that the national job growth is on the same upward trajectory as it was for the last few years under Obama. It’s reasonable because Trump has enacted no major economic legislation. However, that doesn’t stop him from taking credit— like the rooster taking credit for the sun rising.

I’m still waiting for Trump to live up to his promise to coal miners about getting their high paying jobs back.
So you claim Trump enacted no legislation that helped job growth but then claim that job growth is because of Obama so then let me ask you what did Obama do to get the job growth now?

If you were paying attention, ever since Trump came into office, he has been talking about removing regulations, lowering corporate taxes and the business world is reacting by sending stocks and optimism higher than it has ever been. That is what is fueling the economy and job growth since his election.

If you’ll remember, all of the media and the hateful Left was forecasting doom and gloom when Trump won the election. They were predicting this would collapse and that would collapse. To hear them, you’d think the world was coming to an end when Hillary lost and Trump won. Of course since none of their ridiculous doomsday predictions came true, they are now claiming economic growth in the past year is due to Obama. Trump gets no credit, only all the blame. LOL.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:50 PM

11,207 posts, read 7,232,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So you claim Trump enacted no legislation that helped job growth but then claim that job growth is because of Obama so then let me ask you what did Obama do to get the job growth now?

If you were paying attention, ever since Trump came into office, he has been talking about removing regulations, lowering corporate taxes and the business world is reacting by sending stocks and optimism higher than it has ever been. That is what is fueling the economy and job growth since his election.

If you’ll remember, all of the media and the hateful Left was forecasting doom and gloom when Trump won the election. They were predicting this would collapse and that would collapse. To hear them, you’d think was coming to an end when Hillary lost and Trump won. Of course since none of their doomsday predictions came true, they are now claiming economic growth in the past year is due to Obama. Trump gets no credit, only all the blame. LOL.
Trump takes all the credit and distributes the blame.

The economy and jobs were rising when Obama left office and continues to do so. I give no credit or blame to either president.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:57 PM

4,408 posts, read 2,265,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Trump takes all the credit and distributes the blame.

The economy and jobs were rising when Obama left office and continues to do so. I give no credit or blame to either president.
The economy was pretty much flat around last years elections. Even economists were saying how the economy was bound for a natural decline after a bull run but because of what Trump is promising to do, i.e. bringing jobs back, backing out of TPP and other bad trade deals, putting America first, lowering corporate tax rates, reducing regulations, etc. the market responded by going higher than ever before.

Obama got lucky when he took office at the time of the 2008 recession. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of history knows that the economy is naturally cyclical, i.e. it goes up and down. It never stays down forever and never stays up forever. The economy would’ve rebounded after 2008 even if Mickey Mouse was president.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:03 PM

3,854 posts, read 1,594,099 times
[quote=antinimby;50217627]The economy was pretty much flat around last years elections. Even economists were saying how the economy was bound for a natural decline after a bull run but because of what Trump is promising to do, i.e. bringing jobs back, backing out of TPP and other bad trade deals, putting America first, lowering corporate tax rates, reducing regulations, etc. the market responded by going higher than ever before.

Obama got lucky when he took office at the time of the 2008 recession. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of history knows that the economy is naturally cyclical, i.e. it goes up and down. It never stays down forever and never stays up forever. The economy would’ve rebounded after 2008 even if Mickey Mouse was president.[/QUOTE]

You need to go back and study that in more detail. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:11 PM

2,297 posts, read 1,063,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The economy was pretty much flat around last years elections. Even economists were saying how the economy was bound for a natural decline after a bull run but because of what Trump is promising to do, i.e. bringing jobs back, backing out of TPP and other bad trade deals, putting America first, lowering corporate tax rates, reducing regulations, etc. the market responded by going higher than ever before.

Obama got lucky when he took office at the time of the 2008 recession. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of history knows that the economy is naturally cyclical, i.e. it goes up and down. It never stays down forever and never stays up forever. The economy would’ve rebounded after 2008 even if Mickey Mouse was president.
You forget all the Wall Street bailouts started under President Bush and continued and added to under President Obama. Some might say Mickey Mouse leaving Wall Street Crash ..... might have lead to something else?

Since BOTH Administrations played a role in choosing to give Bailouts ..... both take credit and blame. We just know it did not go into a DEEP Depression. Though it certainly was a Big slump or deeper recession for many. It was a BUBBLE WALL STREET STARTED with Banks over-zealous in loans In a over-inflated housing bubble.

It was NOT A GAME. We could have had a FULL UNRAVELING of the economy. A Mickey Mouse joke is just stupid ---- in the REALITY OF THE DANGER WE GOT THROUGH. IMO

Old 11-24-2017, 06:57 PM

3,902 posts, read 1,471,959 times
Those states are aren't anything to celebrate. Though some nice people live in them, they are mostly rural and lacking in education and marketable skills. Applauding jobs there is humorous. Also humorous is the extent that fans and worshippers clutch at straws in desperation at trying to make their hero look effective.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:59 PM

16,304 posts, read 6,084,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMU2...de_graphs=true

11,000 new jobs in Wichita Metro since Trump was elected.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMU3...de_graphs=true

20,000 new jobs in Omaha Metro since Trump was elected.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMU3...de_graphs=true

6,900 new jobs in Fargo since Trump was elected.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/SMU4...de_graphs=true

24,000 new jobs in Metro Oklahoma City since Trump was elected.

With the energy prices increasing looks like Oklahoma and Kansas have much to gain also. Lots and Lots of energy comes from Oklahoma and Kansas.

Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Dakota sure voted for their best interests when they rushed to the ballots last November to vote in President Trump in a huge, huge, huge landslide in those states.
Excellent. Thanks for posting.

MAGA

Old 11-24-2017, 07:35 PM

5,742 posts, read 1,286,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

With the energy prices increasing looks like Oklahoma and Kansas have much to gain also. Lots and Lots of energy comes from Oklahoma and Kansas.

Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, North Dakota sure voted for their best interests when they rushed to the ballots last November to vote in President Trump in a huge, huge, huge landslide in those states.
I spent the entire summer in those states and things are going very well. Beautiful scenery and nice friendly down to earth people. I was thoroughly impressed.

The energy sector is a big reason. They embrace it instead of demonizing it like the left does.

They are also big on wind power. Actually a lot more so than many liberal states.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:40 PM

18,096 posts, read 16,624,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Excellent. Thanks for posting.

MAGA
Read post #6 before congratulating lovecrowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or