U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:29 PM

19,580 posts, read 7,957,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Bob got you.

You can't have it both ways.

Is your (stated) union member husband aware of the above ?.....that you want those union coal jobs to disappear.
Coal jobs are in the past. No one wants them dying from black lung disease anymore when there are alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 AM

3,464 posts, read 2,275,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
enacted*

congress has the job of getting legislation to the Presidents desk in case you didnt know, now you know.
For Trump, "inacted" feels like the right "word" to use.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:34 AM

8,712 posts, read 2,326,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
When having a discussion, one must have a common set of facts. The OP is twisting the facts to make a political point, namely, that Trump is somehow responsible for job gains in certain places. The other thing about facts is that they are true whether you want to believe them or not. The reality is job growth has been positive nationwide for over seven years and it's now continuing on the same pattern under Trump -- which is expected because Trump hasn't changed any major economic policies.

Nobody can seriously argue that relaxing and gutting regulations that keep the air and water clean are booms to the economy. Nobody can claim that reversing an Obama rule that banned farmers from using a pesticide that's harmful to children's brains is good for the economy. Nobody can show that gutting net neutrality is an economic positive.

During Obama's term, Republican leaders did everything possible to torpedo his economic agenda that was geared to improving the economy. Their calculus was if they could keep the economy in recession until the next election, they'd have a good chance of taking the White House. In other words, if Americans suffered enough they'd get control of government (i.e. who cares if Americans suffer.)

It then is highly ironic that you accuse Seacove of doing what Mitch McConnell did -- hope Americans would continue to suffer, for political advantage of the other party. However, what I see is that Democrats don't want Americans to suffer to make Trump look bad, they just want to not let Trump take credit for things he had no control over. One example is the stock market. Trump is taking credit for the stock market being at record highs. However, the stock market has been making new highs for eight years. Moreover, foreign markets are also breaking new highs -- something that Trump definitely had no control. Likewise, Trump hasn't done anything to create jobs. The same job growth would be happening if HRC won.

What we can say is that Trump's other policies are a drag on the economy. His attack on Obamacare, which funds rural hospitals that are dependent upon the ACA and Medicaid, will force those hospitals to close, throwing lots of people into the unemployment rolls -- not to mention depriving Trump voters of hospitals.

Trump's reduction in corporate taxes will result in less investment by corporations. Companies can now deduct purchases and workers as expenses. When tax rates are high, they get a bigger deduction and effectively pay less for their expenses. Lower rates, and workers and purchases become more expensive.

1. You obviously have no idea which OTHER thread re Seacove that I was talking about, nor WHY I was mentioning Seacove.

2. Everything isn't US vs. THEM....I am under no obligation to defend McConnell, Trump, nor other Republicans. I didn't vote for Trump, and I'm not a Republican.

3. My point re Seacove is based on questions I asked her in a thread, and the answers she gave. The discussion was about how dividing (the country) would be done, and Seacove would want that done by region, delineated by state. She confirmed that blue areas (obviously blue because they have 'blue people' in them) within the red states would stay part of the red regions/be out of luck (not be able to benefit from what she sees as the benefits of blue regions). KanyeMo and Seacove indeed would likely agree on a number of things, and despite that, KanyeMo would be cordoned off, away from the policies, etc. Seacove wants in her blue region, just because he happens to live in Oklahoma.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:36 AM

8,712 posts, read 2,326,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Coal jobs are in the past. No one wants them dying from black lung disease anymore when there are alternatives.
^^^^^ Deflection.

Nice try.

You still didn't answer the question from my post that you replied to above.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:11 AM

9,041 posts, read 2,717,337 times
Reading the thread it is clear a lot of Trump supporters have not. so quoting post 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lovecrowds appears to have cherry picked data and it might be misleading people

I just picked the first city on his list and checked his data...
Kansas LOST 5000 jobs over the last 12 months. that is a net loss not gain and here are solid sources with no cherry picked dates.

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/gsipub/index.asp?docid=472

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/admin/gsipub...%20Release.pdf

https://klic.dol.ks.gov/admin/gsipub...0-%20Rates.pdf

It is very clear some folk here more interested in propaganda and trying to make trump look good than actual news or useful data.

first one on the OP's list turned out to be very misleading as to what is really happening, i am assuming the entire list is just cherry picked cities and cherry picked dates to try to make trumpers feel better about this slowmotion disaster of an admin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or