Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:56 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I don't believe you. Sorry.
That's hilarious. Sorry Cat, but I pride myself on a few things in this life, and one of those is not purposely telling lies. I try my best to tell the truth, always. I think the problem is you simply don't want to believe me. So you should be sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 06:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
People use food stamps to trade for sex, drugs etc. This is nothing new.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Doesn't bother me. Dogs are better than some of the humans I know. I say, let them eat lobster.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I've seen it too. Only once it was two gay men, the other time two illegals. But they used $50 dollar bills, not hundreds. And as I recall it was NY strip steaks, not rib-eyes. Like you I have a whole lot of spare time to spend following folks around in the grocery store.
Lmao, now this post made me giggle. Not once did I mention following anyone around the store. If you employ simple reading comprehension, it is pretty easy to see that my observations were made in the check out line. Not much else to do when you are standing there, unless you like reading tabloids. Oh, and LoL on the spare time comment. I work 70+ hours a week to provide for my family and not be on food stamps and Medicaid. I have pretty much no spare time. Try again.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:03 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
Get over it. Whatever is legal to buy is fine. It is none of your business.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Yeah, **** all the hard working people who overpay on taxes so someone can feed their dog lobster.

Non of their business?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Sorry, but I must disagree. It most certainly is my business, as well as every other tax payer in America. Also, I have a question. Do you feel this way about all services your tax money provides? Do you feel you have no right to say or disagree with the way your tax money is used in all instances, or just this one? I only ask because as a tax payer, I know I have the right to question and comment on the use of my hard earned tax dollars. And that extends to all government spending.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
I admit, it was irritating to see this spending when I was in college. Of course I was always low on money in college, and my wife worked at some small, ethnic food store. Many people there would purchase a lot of the expensive hams, salami, cheese, and prepared foods using their EBT cards, all the while there was no way I could afford that stuff.

I mean, they are so broke they get gov assistance with food, but then turn around and purchase relatively expensive (like $8-$15/lbs) products. Not by a small amount, talking a pound of this, and pound of that.

Not criticizing the system nor those that use it, but I do think it can be tightened up some. I am interested in ensuring people are not starving, not elevating their quality of life in regards to food.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Sorry, but I must disagree. It most certainly is my business, as well as every other tax payer in America. Also, I have a question. Do you feel this way about all services your tax money provides? Do you feel you have no right to say or disagree with the way your tax money is used in all instances, or just this one? I only ask because as a tax payer, I know I have the right to question and comment on the use of my hard earned tax dollars. And that extends to all government spending.

Yes you have that right but the real problem is that there is no REAL way to regulate it and for how long.
It's too easy to misuse something like food stamps.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:14 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
If someone is eligible for services, when they get the services, it is then up to them to do their best with the resources allowed them - if they don't, no one has any control over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies