U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2017, 01:34 AM
 
7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Reputation: 1187

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You've conveniently glossed over the fact that all of this lost tax revenue is going to increase the national debt by a couple trillion dollars....


And while we're on the topic of stereotyping entire groups, I thought the right was the party of fiscal conservatives?
Quote:
the fact that all of this lost tax revenue is going to increase the national debt by a couple trillion dollars....
Which is offset by the reduction in safety net programs ... and other programs (i.e. Corporation for National Community Service) that receive(d) federal funds in the past, returning responsibility to the private and nonprofit sectors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2017, 01:52 AM
 
Location: AZ
978 posts, read 167,721 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Which is offset by the reduction in safety net programs ... and other programs (i.e. Corporation for National Community Service) that receive(d) federal funds in the past, returning responsibility to the private and nonprofit sectors.
No, the funding reductions donít even come close to the lost revenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 01:58 AM
 
7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Reputation: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
No, the funding reductions don’t even come close to the lost revenue.
and you know this how?
Adding
Trump's budget by the numbers: What gets cut and why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:08 AM
 
3,352 posts, read 925,202 times
Reputation: 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I don't see, except for governmental wealth redistribution, how taxing the rich more helps liberal voters any more than taxing them less. If they claim the rich are paying less taxes than they are, why don't they advocate, instead of having the rich pay more, that they themselves should pay LESS? Or they could advocate that everyone pays a flat rate (say 10-15% for everyone, regardless of income).
Because they are jealous of the wealthy and want them to pay more, because it isn't fair that they make more. The politics of taxes, from the perspective of the left, is driven not by economic realism, but by class hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:09 AM
 
Location: AZ
978 posts, read 167,721 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Because the CBO has stated this plan will result in an additional 2 trillion dollars being added to the deficit. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/08/...llion-cbo.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:42 AM
 
7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Reputation: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Because the CBO has stated this plan will result in an additional 2 trillion dollars being added to the deficit. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/08/...llion-cbo.html
They're not done yet with the budget and they are still on the hunt for $3trillion in offsets.

Quote from my link "In order to make the proposed cuts, the administration would need to reduce and eliminate dozens of government programs."

Which is basically what I said, that they make up the difference by, cutting federal funding of government programs.

Then when a dem gets in office, the opposite happens. Increase in taxes to corporate rich and an increase in federal funds to federal programs.

Neither accomplish anything ... (yes, my opinion)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:44 AM
 
Location: AZ
978 posts, read 167,721 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
They're not done yet with the budget and they are still on the hunt for $3trillion in offsets.

Quote from my link "In order to make the proposed cuts, the administration would need to reduce and eliminate dozens of government programs."

Which is basically what I said, that they make up the difference by, cutting federal funding of government programs.

Then when a dem gets in office, the opposite happens. Increase in taxes to corporate rich and an increase in federal funds to federal programs.

Neither accomplish anything ... (yes, my opinion)
Moving the goalposts...thatís not what you said. You definitively said the budget cuts would offset the revenue loss. They do not, nor have they released any plans that would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:50 AM
 
7,544 posts, read 4,031,853 times
Reputation: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Moving the goalposts...thatís not what you said. You definitively said the budget cuts would offset the revenue loss. They do not, nor have they released any plans that would.
which, and would are two different words ... i used the word, 'which'.

if this it the best our dialogue is going to get, lets just stop here ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 03:02 AM
 
Location: AZ
978 posts, read 167,721 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
which, and would are two different words ... i used the word, 'which'.

if this it the best our dialogue is going to get, lets just stop here ...
Weíre not discussing theoreticals...weíre discussing the plan as proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 03:08 AM
 
Location: AZ
978 posts, read 167,721 times
Reputation: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yep! The left isn't concerned with the reality of things. Of much more importance, is putting forth the narrative that the wealthy are greedy and the so called 'poor' deserve more.
Did you just reply in agreement to your own post??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top