U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 08:58 AM

6,242 posts, read 1,515,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for posting this. It's a potent reminder of the casual way violence against women has been portrayed in the media over time and should be shocking to the modern viewer.

BTW, I think I caught a glimpse of Ronald Reagan in that compilation.
But the same thing will happen in the future, in regards to modern movies of our time. Just like we look back at old movies like this and say WOW, how could they have put that content into a movie...people 50-80 yrs in the future will be saying the same things about movies made in 2017!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 08:58 AM

13,374 posts, read 7,315,267 times
The 60's, Baby Boomer, anything goes, Hippie Generation led, and continues to lead the decline of our society which is devoid of class, and decorum.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:04 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,066,956 times
I remember an episode of the I love lucy show where lucy and ethel have to take NYC subway and ethel says she has to change because she cant take the subway in her blue jeans, yes there was a time when even riding the grimy NYC subway in jeans was unacceptable!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2018, 02:02 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,981,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are right. No more refinement. No class today . Our society has become full of low life behavior,u using foul language and the breaking down of our morality.

Hollywood sleaze has broken down all decency and they have no limits or standards. It has become THE NEW NORMAL to be foul mouthed, using sex in the worse way possible as so called comedians sprew there garbage ,and it is all so acceptable. That is the sad thing of how far our society has fallen.
Exchange comedian to reality star and you described the potus to a tee.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:58 PM

6,421 posts, read 2,263,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Movies are a fantasy. Truth is, there was just as much classless behavior then as there is now.
I'm not sure about that....

But one thing is certain, is that classless behavior has become more socially acceptable in many ways. In movies and in real life.

Fashionable even.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:00 PM

8,201 posts, read 4,403,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The 60's, Baby Boomer, anything goes, Hippie Generation led, and continues to lead the decline of our society which is devoid of class, and decorum.
Actually one could say that some younger individuals in the Silent generation(the generation before Boomers) were more likely to be hippies than Boomers since the majority of Boomers, like you, were children in the 60s. Plus I don't think there were as many hippies as you think there were.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:07 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,407,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not all .. many stayed straight laced as they were taught good morals and adhered to them .. as time went on it did get worse.

Woman went to work and the children were free from supervision and lessons of morality. Materialism and lack of supervision was the down fall of the next generations.. a feeling of give me , get me, buy me took its toll as a better life style and spoiled lazy kids became the norm. Not all, but some.. and drugs and what ever feels good was what was the big thing.

Today 50,000 drug deaths a year in the United States and climbing.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:14 PM

9,640 posts, read 9,479,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Actually one could say that some younger individuals in the Silent generation(the generation before Boomers) were more likely to be hippies than Boomers since the majority of Boomers, like you, were children in the 60s. Plus I don't think there were as many hippies as you think there were.
Hippies were seen more in the late 60s, not the early 60s. With the summer of love being 1969, most boomers were in their teens or older.

My parents, born in 43, were late silent generation, and they and their friends were not hippies. They were more into Elvis, and other 50s rock and roll.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:22 PM

3,965 posts, read 1,922,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are right. No more refinement. No class today . Our society has become full of low life behavior,u using foul language and the breaking down of our morality. That is the sad thing of how far our society has fallen.
Didn't you just vote for a guy for President who is notorious for low life behavior, foul language, and a lack of class?

Old 01-02-2018, 03:24 PM

1,018 posts, read 386,784 times
We are becoming a third world country. Trump just hit the gas to speed it up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or