Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:48 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
How many ambassadors did Tillerson get murdered again?
Why do Republicans always forget that they blocked more security money just before Benghazi? Alternate news, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 12:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
At the time, and even continuing now, Republicans were forever damning Hillary Clinton for supposedly being lax about security during her tenure as Secretary of State, particularly apropos of Benghazi. Right?

Now, here's this:

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves
By Gardiner Harris

Republicans pilloried Hillary Clinton for what they claimed was her inadequate attention to security as secretary of state in the months before the deadly 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya... But in his first nine months in office, Mr. Tillerson turned down repeated and sometimes urgent requests from the department’s security staff to brief him, according to several former top officials in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security...

The departures mark a new stage in the broken and increasingly contentious relationship between Mr. Tillerson and much of his department’s work force.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/24/u...tillerson.html

Most of the "departments work force" are Obama holdovers. Gee, I wonder why there's such contention.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:58 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Most of the "departments work force" are Obama holdovers. Gee, I wonder why there's such contention.
wrong. They are the career diplomatic force, not political appointees, and they were there before Obama, during the Bush administration too. Most of the Obama appointed people are gone now.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Why do Republicans always forget that they blocked more security money just before Benghazi? Alternate news, I guess.
Why do democrats forget that their leadership got involved in nation building and ran guns to one side which was the only reason Americans died. The ONLY reason. Alternate reality that doesn't include the truth, I know.
Stop the war mongering and nation building. Bring all the troops home.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:12 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why do democrats forget that their leadership got involved in nation building and ran guns to one side which was the only reason Americans died. The ONLY reason. Alternate reality that doesn't include the truth, I know.
Oh, I agree we should not have been there. But the Republicans need to accept some blame. They refused more security money for the embassy. And they started the wars In the middle east.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
This is sad. Why can't politicians put in stand up people. Condoleezza Rice was the last good sec of state.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:11 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Or maybe we just don't agree with your assessment if the war with Qaddafy. He had had it coming, in my view, ever since his involvement in the Lockerbie bombing...the airline bombing over Scotland that had been selected because it had so many Americans onboard...and other terrorist attacks against tge US. Remember all of those pictures of the toys that had belonged to American children strewn on the ground amongst the wreckage around Lockerbie? It may have taken a while but we finally got him. It used to be that the righties would have been the ones applauding that the loudest. They have changed lot over the last couple of decades. Now all they talk about when the topic of Libya comes up is Bhenghazi. They apparently want an eleventh investigation because they are dissatisfied with the results of the first ten. Qaddafy and all of the American civilians he killed seems to be far from their minds. I can't even remember the last time I heard one mention it. And they talk about the war in Libya obsessively.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:15 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Remember to notice who has written the article :roll eyes:! The NYT is well known for not reporting the issues correctly and for going a far distance to misconstrue actual facts. They love to dish out the innuendo and thinly veiled smear pieces. In my opinion they've completely lost any integrity they ever had.
Only true in your conservative safe place.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
wrong. They are the career diplomatic force, not political appointees, and they were there before Obama, during the Bush administration too. Most of the Obama appointed people are gone now.
The comment you replied to indicates the utter cluelessness of Cult 45 to reality. They think that everyone in the federal government is an Obama appointee or a Democratic hack. Of course, since in their view anyone in government service is a useless leach that “couldn’t make it in the real world”, this level of ignorance and contempt is par for the course.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Remember to notice who has written the article :roll eyes:! The NYT is well known for not reporting the issues correctly and for going a far distance to misconstrue actual facts. They love to dish out the innuendo and thinly veiled smear pieces. In my opinion they've completely lost any integrity they ever had.
That is simply not true, you are merely repeating the falsehoods of trump and extremists. the NYT has won many awards for its excellent journalism. Don't confuse not like the message or the messenger with something being true or false. otherwise you risk losing sight of our facts based world, and that is how Rs picked Trump over reason. And look what it is doing to the right. fractured, dividing and ripe for self destruction .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies