Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 06:07 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times

Advertisements

I would love to be on the jury for this one. Buffalo, PA should be forced to pay these old people millions of dollars for the abuse of power.

But not just Buffalo. The Nationwide insurance agent (Jonathan Yeamans) should be prosecuted for fraud, defamation and slander. And maybe for assault. He was the cause of this sad event. He should be in jail and Nationwide should be sued for millions.
---------------

The first person who mistook Edward and Audrey Cramer's hibiscus plants for marijuana was Jonathan Yeamans, a Nationwide Insurance agent who had come to their property in Buffalo Township, Pennsylvania, to have a look at the damage caused by a neighbor's fallen tree. According to a lawsuit that the Cramers filed last week, Yeamans also had a look at their garden and snapped some pictures that he shared with the Buffalo Township Police Department, which is why a bunch of rifle-wielding drug warriors invaded the couple's home two days later.

Pennsylvania Couple Sues Drug Warriors Who Thought Hibiscus Was Marijuana - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 06:16 AM

9,639 posts, read 5,998,634 times
That's disgusting.

You don't confuse marijuana plants with hibiscus unless you're an idiot.

Further compound it what took them six hours to realize their **** up?

Old 11-26-2017, 07:39 AM

23,449 posts, read 17,121,013 times
Appropriate punishment aside form cash would be to make the cops pay for and replant the hibiscus... and each receive a poster showing plants that look like mj.

time to adjust the justice system and make reparations a primary judgement.

the insurance company jumped the gun, and deserve a smack.

Property destruction award is typically worth 3 times the actual cost in some states.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:54 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,326,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Appropriate punishment aside form cash would be to make the cops pay for and replant the hibiscus... and each receive a poster showing plants that look like mj.

time to adjust the justice system and make reparations a primary judgement.

the insurance company jumped the gun, and deserve a smack.

Property destruction award is typically worth 3 times the actual cost in some states.
Why just put a band-aid on the problem? It is time to adjust the justice system and end prohibition.

This story is just one of 1000's that happen every year because of prohibition. Some end in death.

The future is going to look back on us and shake its collective head, wondering how we could have been so foolish.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:03 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
more drug war idiocy. The real criminals are those in the justice system/ law enforcement and the real victims are the Cramers. The insurance agent is a rat.
Persecuting people over plants- America land of free, what a joke

Old 11-26-2017, 08:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,517,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Why just put a band-aid on the problem? It is time to adjust the justice system and end prohibition.

This story is just one of 1000's that happen every year because of prohibition. Some end in death.

The future is going to look back on us and shake its collective head, wondering how we could have been so foolish.
I agree, its a larger problem than just a couple officers, I would bet anything many other officers would have done the same exact thing...if it 'looks' like something illegal, thats enough for them to act, this needs to change, the entire justice system needs overhauled.

We are NOT in medieval times anymore.

I tried to give u more rep, but it said I must spread it around before giving you anymore. LOL

Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,019,015 times
Hibiscus leaves:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0._szgDs3sEgo

Maryjane leaves:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.X0DcxYS0Fro

Not even close. They whole bunch of idiots should be in jail and the homeowners should win millions in a lawsuit. The insurance agent should have "Don't hire me because I am an idiot," branded on his forehead.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Wow. Hope they are very well compensated. Such a comedy of errors that seems like it could have been easily avoided all the way around.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:40 AM

9,639 posts, read 5,998,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree, its a larger problem than just a couple officers, I would bet anything many other officers would have done the same exact thing...if it 'looks' like something illegal, thats enough for them to act, this needs to change, the entire justice system needs overhauled.

I tried to give u more rep, but it said I must spread it around before giving you anymore. LOL
My state doesn't really care about marijuana any more. Haven't heard of anyone getting busted lately, and even then the DA dismisses them. States too busy fighting back the opioids, ironically often coming from NY.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:43 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,256,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Was perfectly legal to smoke hemp, hashish, Cannabis, and opium in 'medieval times' and eat any kind of mushroom you wanted too. Wasn't medieval times that started drug prohibition that was 1914 until then coke had coke and Laudenum was available OTC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies