Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 05:03 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times

Advertisements

So how come Georgia is giving Trump and his criminal cronies until Friday after this, 10 days, to turn themselves in?

If any of the rest of us were indicted for anything, much less RICO mobster charges they would have a Marshalls SWAT team break down our doors at 5AM with no-knock warrants and probably shoot us down in our beds without warning claiming they thought our cell phone was a gun.

So how come the oligarchy, politically elite, crooked lawyers and politicians get special treatment again and again and again? Why does Guiliani, Powell, Meadows, Eastman and all the rest warrant special treatment?

The rest of us would be remanded to jail until trial on no-bail holds. Especially if we owned private intercontinental aircraft and hundreds of millions in overseas assets and were a major flight risk.

What happened to one nation, with liberty and justice for ALL and EQUAL RIGHTS for ALL?

Does this multi-tire system of justice bother anyone else or am I the only one who sees it?

Last edited by jamies; 08-15-2023 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 05:08 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
What bothers me is the prevalence of witch hunting by government thugs the past few years. And we thought we were done with it after 1692's outcome.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:18 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Red state DA’s need to start arresting Dem politicians ASAP. That would be good start towards leveling things

Old 08-15-2023, 05:20 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Two tiered? Too tired? Not sure what to make of the thread title.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:26 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Two tiered? Too tired? Not sure what to make of the thread title.
Oh crud. TIERED!

Fixed it. Sorry, I'm a product of the American public school system...

Old 08-15-2023, 05:33 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
So how come Georgia is giving Trump and his criminal cronies until Friday after this, 10 days, to turn themselves in?

If any of the rest of us were indicted for anything, much less RICO mobster charges they would have a Marshalls SWAT team break down our doors at 5AM with no-knock warrants and probably shoot us down in our beds without warning claiming they thought our cell phone was a gun.

So how come the oligarchy, politically elite, crooked lawyers and politicians get special treatment again and again and again? Why does Guiliani, Powell, Meadows, Eastman and all the rest warrant special treatment?

The rest of us would be remanded to jail until trial on no-bail holds. Especially if we owned private intercontinental aircraft and hundreds of millions in overseas assets and were a major flight risk.

What happened to one nation, with liberty and justice for ALL and EQUAL RIGHTS for ALL?

Does this multi-tire system of justice bother anyone else or am I the only one who sees it?
I think you need to look at your local/state court system and cases. Many criminals/people are released and told to come back . yeah sure. they give children to documented criminals who then murder them, oh so sorry. Nothing happens to drug addicts or sellers. if the police arrest them the courts release them. Start looking at your local justice system. its scary.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:51 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Red state DA’s need to start arresting Dem politicians ASAP. That would be good start towards leveling things
For what? I agree that if there is evidence of RICO or other crimes, then yes, that would be appropriate.

The justice system doesn't work like what you're saying. If a Republican is indicted on a crime it doesn't mean that a Democrat should then be indicted on a crime, unless there is one and an investigation has been done. It's not like divvying up candy between kids on a playground making sure everybody gets the same amount, lol.

Old 08-15-2023, 05:55 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
For what? I agree that if there is evidence of RICO or other crimes, then yes, that would be appropriate.

The justice system doesn't work like what you're saying. If a Republican is indicted on a crime it doesn't mean that a Democrat should then be indicted on a crime, unless there is one and an investigation has been done. It's not like divvying up candy between kids on a playground making sure everybody gets the same amount, lol.
For whatever they can come up…even if it means making up things from whole cloth. They have to play the communists game.

Old 08-15-2023, 06:03 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Two tiered is not what it is it is a corrupt politicized system where the outcome is already decided much like the Moscow show trials

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_trials

The far left don't care what it does to the country or legal system they are going to jail Trump one way or another but it is much more than about Trump it gives a glimpse to what they have in store for ANYBODY that stands in their way too much.

For instance the author who was attacked by antifa and that thought he would get a fair trial against antifa in Portland?

The far left are out in your face taunting the fact that they are going to do whatever they want. And they probably hope they create violence from the right so they can say "see they are violent threats to law and democracy", don't fall for it they would use that to become even more authoritarian.

You need to move to a area that is not far left if you don't want to live under far left rules and concentrate on holding the line there.

I really wonder what is going to happen in the next election, I fear peaceful transfers of power in elections are over, if DeSantis wins or someone like him I have little doubt there will be riots just like when Trump won.

Old 08-15-2023, 06:06 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
For whatever they can come up…even if it means making up things from whole cloth. They have to play the communists game.
So any evidence that has been presented that Trump et al. have committed crimes, you think are made up? Do you often think people who are indicted for crimes have those crimes made up against them?

Granted, there are innocent people who have been wrongly convicted. That being said, I highly doubt that such high profile cases such as those being brought against Trump have no legal merit. There is too much at stake and the prosecutors know that. What is the communist game anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies