Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 07:59 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know the real story behind this young woman, Cynotia Brown? A run away from her adoptive family, finds herself in the hands of a pimp, and then during a sex trafficking event, she fears for her life and shoots and kills the man who had rented her, and is now doing multiple life sentences in the Tennessee prison system, starting at only 16. Apparently Kim Kardashian and Rhianna are making her story go viral, and there are petitions going around to lessen her sentence. I have been trying to research her true case, because sometimes the news won't release all of the information, so does anyone have the goods? Is this another story of how the poor kids get lost in the system while rich kids like Brock Turner keep getting free passes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 08:33 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
IMHO, Cynotia Brown is guilty. I can't comment on the terms of sentencing, which is what it seems the petition is addressing.

Let's say person "A" wants to run away from home. "A" doesn't have a license to operate a motor vehicle.

Person "P" (pimp) borrows a car to person "A" so they can effect their escape.

While driving at the proper rate of speed, and breaking no traffic laws other than being an unlicensed operator, person "A" enters an intersection. Person "CV" (criminal victim) runs a red light, T boning "A" in an intersection. "CV" is DOA because of their own reckless behavior.

"A" is still held responsible, as they were not legally licensed to be in the middle of the intersection to begin with. Person "P" is likely to be found equally responsible for providing the means for "A" to commit the crime. "CV" is the hapless dimwit that got more than was bargained for when running the red light.

There are no innocent parties in this scenario.

The sentencing should be handled as per the laws of the local state or municipality, dictate. I don't believe petitions, or societal pressure from outsiders should have anything to do with any of it.

CN

Old 11-26-2017, 08:46 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Does anybody know the real story behind this young woman, Cynotia Brown? A run away from her adoptive family, finds herself in the hands of a pimp, and then during a sex trafficking event, she fears for her life and shoots and kills the man who had rented her, and is now doing multiple life sentences in the Tennessee prison system, starting at only 16. Apparently Kim Kardashian and Rhianna are making her story go viral, and there are petitions going around to lessen her sentence. I have been trying to research her true case, because sometimes the news won't release all of the information, so does anyone have the goods? Is this another story of how the poor kids get lost in the system while rich kids like Brock Turner keep getting free passes?

How do you fear for your life with a gun in your hand?

Old 11-26-2017, 08:57 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And where did you get the gun? at age 16?

Where is, or what happened to the "pimp"?

CN

Old 11-26-2017, 03:22 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
And where did you get the gun? at age 16?

Where is, or what happened to the "pimp"?

CN
This is why I was asking this question. I see alot of support for this girl, but when learning a little bit more about the case, I have my questions. It looks like her adoptive home was a pleasant home. Her adoptive mother seems sweet and caring. So why did the girl run away when she was 15, and did the adoptive mother go to the police about the runaway teenager?

There is no proof that the man she went to go see knew she was underage, but she says she went to his place and seen a cabinet full of guns, and he got violent with her and started to go for a bag, and she claims she got scared and went to the cabinet and took out one of his guns in self defense. But, it's possible it was all a lie, maybe she and her pimp were scouting the guy out the whole time because he was loaded, broke into his home to rob him, and shot him, because she did claim she took his wallet thinking a dead man don't need no more money.

So yeah, I wish the news would come out and tell the real story.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:41 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Is this another story of how the poor kids get lost in the system while rich kids like Brock Turner keep getting free passes?
No, it's not. Brock Turner is not rich.

Quote:
Me too.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Once again she is in the news with clueless celebrities trying to get her freed.

Now, someone that just happens to read of this case from a general overview might think, good, she killed a predator scumbag that was abusing her.

But if you read the details, it might change your opinion (there is a good detail about the case on Reddit).

Basically, she had a history of lying and violent behavior, and the guy that picked her up didn't rape or abuse her (I believe they never even met before). She executed him with a shot to the back of the head as he lay on his stomach, and took his cash and other valuables.

She should not be offered any clemency.

Sex Trafficking Survivor Cyntoia Brown, Sentenced To Life, Will Make Her Case In Federal Court

Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
This is why I was asking this question. I see alot of support for this girl, but when learning a little bit more about the case, I have my questions. It looks like her adoptive home was a pleasant home. Her adoptive mother seems sweet and caring. So why did the girl run away when she was 15, and did the adoptive mother go to the police about the runaway teenager?

There is no proof that the man she went to go see knew she was underage, but she says she went to his place and seen a cabinet full of guns, and he got violent with her and started to go for a bag, and she claims she got scared and went to the cabinet and took out one of his guns in self defense. But, it's possible it was all a lie, maybe she and her pimp were scouting the guy out the whole time because he was loaded, broke into his home to rob him, and shot him, because she did claim she took his wallet thinking a dead man don't need no more money.

From what I was able to gather, she admitted to the police that she lied about her age. There was no rape. He paid her for sex. He was shot in the back of the head and forensic evidence suggests he was asleep when it happened, so it was murder. She also took his wallet, money and his car when she left. I'm going to watch the documentary on Amazon sometime this week. I want to know more.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:06 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
It's egregious how some media outlets continue to ignore what happened and keep trying to portray her as a sex trafficking victim striking back against a rapist.

There's a reason why the jury sentenced her to 51 years.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
Quote:
The fact that you use phrases like "the real story" and "true case" suggest that your mind is already made up and you're only looking for details to bolster the opinion you already have.

Quote:
There's a reason why the jury sentenced her to 51 years.
And there's a reason Ethan Couch killed four people and served only two years.

Or why Robert Richards served no jail time at all for raping his three year old daughter.

If you're white and wealthy, you can rape, rob, kill with impunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies